5 replies to this topic

#1 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

Article
Personally I like the idea in theory, but they have a ton of security challenges ahead of them if they intend upon being "server to the world". Also, I am old school. We were taught to back up everything. I would want to keep my personal data local just for this reason. You never trust that even with proper maintenance equipment failure will never happen. Exponentially so when you are dealing with gigaflops of data if their OS catches on.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Pyrion

Pyrion

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Won't happen. Not with me, anyway. Not unless Google develops their own 3d gaming API that beats the phlox out of DirectX.
Posted Image

#3 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Won't happen. Not with me, anyway. Not unless Google develops their own 3d gaming API that beats the phlox out of DirectX.

Nor I. I admit to being one of those paranoid old schoolers who likes his data stored and backed up locally. I will say the concept of paring back the OS size has appeal to me though.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#4 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Sevnson, just find a bootlegged copy of MS DOS. :P
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#5 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

Sevnson, just find a bootlegged copy of MS DOS. :P

Bleh. Typing line commands and remembering syntax is for chumps :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#6 tesral

tesral

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

Data not on your hard drive is not your data. A computer for which you do not have root is not your computer. Yea, real old school.
Garry AKA Phoenix -- Rising Above the FLames
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
Epiphany Trek

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users