• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1002 replies to this topic

#1 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:17 AM

The small town lay on a stream, surrounded by green forest. Though the pitch black of the night cast shadows over the land, lanterns spaced between the houses gave the town a cozy glow, a haven in the darkness of troubled times. The only thing that detracted from the picturesque tranquility of the scene was the column of Minutemen marching into town by the main road that bisected it.

As the men carrying muskets and rifles took up temporary defensive positions at the town's edge, a small band of officers gathered around a lantern and a box. Upon the box was a map, which the lantern illuminated. The map had lines and numbers scrawled all over it, and the men were motioning with their fingers, tapping a line or pointing to a few words while discussing.

"Keep the men in these positions until dawn. The rest of the militia will be here in the morning. Our orders are to hold this road against the redcoats until General Washington routes the British forces here--" a man in a brown coat and a tricorner hat pointed to a few circles on the map "-- and relieves us. We'll establish a headquarters in that tavern there." He departed from the circle of officers and walked across the street to the tavern, opening the door and inspecting the dusty and abandoned interior. He motioned to a nearby man and said, "Get a redshirt... er, a brownshirt in here to clean up this mess. I imagine this place will be a bit livelier tomorrow."

A cart pulled up behind him. He spotted some familiar items in it: a coffee machine resembling his favorite astro-droid, a beat-up but reliable jukebox, and a distraught Johnathan Frakes half-crushed underneath a pool table. "Put this stuff inside. And be careful with that Commander... I don't think we changed his uniform before we packed him up."

He walked back out into the street and glanced back the way he had come. "Hmm... I think I see some reinforcements..."

Edited by Apocalypse, 09 July 2009 - 02:17 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:29 AM

Awesome.
Posted Image

#3 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

Poor Riker. I just thought it'd be funny if I shipped him with all the heavy stuff.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#4 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

Just got home.
OMG.
I'm going out more often.
Alhough I have some heavy thinking to do.
:(

#5 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

*Terilynn walks into the tavern find a rumpled Riker in a filthy uniform.*

Oh, my poor thing. Come on, let's go to the back and I'll get you a new uniform - one that won't get you shot.

*She takes Riker's hands and leads him behind the wooden bar in the dusty old tavern*

#6 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

trekkin' steps into the doorway of the wooden tavern. She looks around. It seems suitable. The ceilings are a bit low, but these broad timbered floors will suit pink2. trekkin' hikes up her cotton skirt to reveal a communicator strapped to her ankle. She opens a frequency to the Windstar. "Okay Ivan stow the Windstar in the barn out back. You better put on that uniform we replicated...MAKE SURE IT IS THE BLUE ONE!!"

Greetings good people! I am here as Stephen Hopkins' personal assistant! I would be pleased to have a cup of coffee.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#7 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

*Edwards strolls in, back in his old, blue Colonial fatigues.* The Blood Elves refused to come this time. I told them the red clothes wouldn't be prudent, but they wouldn't change 'em. I figured I should take my own advice, so I dug out the old viper pilot uniform.

Now, I'm Canadian, so I'm technically a subject of the British crown, but I suppose I can go rogue just for this bar. I wouldn't want to be shot or put in stocks or anything.

#8 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

*Terilynn groans loudly as Riker pulls the laces to the corset*

T: Damn Will! How am I supposed to breathe in this thing?
W: I'm not sure you are supposed to. Looks good though.
T: *grinning* Thanks. *she stands after he ties off the lace to model* Well - I guess this'll do. There's no way I'm putting on any more fabric. I can hardly breathe as it is.
W: I don't think you'll get many complaints. How do I look?
T: *smiles again* Blue suits you best! Come on, we have guests in the main tavern...

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:31 AM

'tis a bit warm out for laboring this afternoon, but the field needs to be tended as the sun is shining. I could do with a bit of refreshment before I go. TL...I don't know what it worse...the up-do and heels from MU or this corset thing. My boobs are blocking my view.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#10 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

'tis a bit warm out for laboring this afternoon, but the field needs to be tended as the sun is shining. I could do with a bit of refreshment before I go. TL...I don't know what it worse...the up-do and heels from MU or this corset thing. My boobs are blocking my view.

*looks down with a grin*

I haven't been able to see my feet in a standing position since I was in the 7th grade. *shrugs* The corsets don't really bother all that much - as long as you don't have to heft around one of those stupid sofa-fabric dresses those poor women had to wear over them. Sure they're great when you need to rip off some stretches for tourniquets or wound dressing, but they still slow ya down when the redcoats take a new hill.

At least my boots still go with the ensemble.

*sets up t with a cold glass of iced tea.* At least Riker and YER were able to rig us up a power source - Ben Franklin hasn't quite gotten the hang of the electricity thing yet.

Edited by Terilynn, 09 July 2009 - 12:11 PM.

#11 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'd have made a more impressive entrance, but I'm too tired. Feeling a little run down. Might be that sudden change in climate from TFXVI to here!

:( I'm achy. (So I'm skipping the corset!)

Must take nap. *passes out into a nearby horse trough*

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#12 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hmm, yes, well, I should probably look at who I am before I finish posting... twice. I think I'm responsible for more of Melvin's posts than Melvin is.
-Apocalypse

Edited by Melvin, 09 July 2009 - 02:54 PM.

My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#13 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Now, I'm Canadian, so I'm technically a subject of the British crown, but I suppose I can go rogue just for this bar. I wouldn't want to be shot or put in stocks or anything.

I have it from a good source that you guys will eventually see the light. :P
Sorry about our army trashing the place up there, though.
-The Tick

#14 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

Sorry about our army trashing the place up there, though.

That's okay. We (well, British troops, technically) burned down the White House once, so I figure we're even. :P

#15 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

That's okay. We (well, British troops, technically) burned down the White House once, so I figure we're even. :P

Don't worry. Abigail saved all the good stuff from the old one, then we just built a bigger on in its place.
Posted Image

#16 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Don't worry. Abigail saved all the good stuff from the old one, then we just built a bigger on in its place.

Not to mention the old one was more of a yellowish off-white. But then again, Yellowish Off-white House doesn't have the same ring to it.

Edited by Apocalypse, 09 July 2009 - 05:55 PM.

-The Tick

#17 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

I assume you meant to say Dolly Madison, there :P
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#18 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Oh, yeah. Abigail was a bit before that time.
-The Tick

#19 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

Oopseh, mixed up mah furst ladehs.
Posted Image

#20 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

I'm going to the grocery store.
And for the record, Hot Rod is an awesome movie.
-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users