Chinese Film Magazine

3 replies to this topic

#1 cdydatzigs

cdydatzigs

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

I recently found a photograph of a magazine rack in China that featured a film magazine with Star Trek on the cover:

Posted Image

From what I have been told, the title of this magazine is "Popular Cinema".. or "Da Zhong Dian Ying". Based on the date printed on the cover in the photo, it looks as though this issue came out in 2009. Does anyone here know if this magazine has a website where one can order current/back issues or do any of you live in China and can pick this up for me and ship it? I'd pay you of course.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

-- Steve

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Dr EMH

Dr EMH

Commander

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

Which part of China did u see this magazine? (I reckon there may be different publishers in each province)

I am not aware of any Star Trek fans community in China ... The closest Trekkies community I know is the Taiwanese Trekkies at www.TrekUFP.org ... perhaps you can enquire from them.
I'm a doctor, not a door stop. [ST:FC]

Singapore Star Trek Fansite ... www.startrek.sg ... for the fans, by the fans.

#3 cdydatzigs

cdydatzigs

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:24 AM

I have no idea, I saw this photo randomly on Flickr. All I have heard is that this magazine is the leading film magazine in China... much like our Entertainment Weekly I would guess. I am only assuming it was even taken in China.

#4 Dr EMH

Dr EMH

Commander

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

I guess it's from mainland China ... b'cos among the 3 large Chinese character, the middle one is a "simplified" Chinese word ... Publications in both Hong Kong and Taiwan are written in "traditonal" Chinese characters, only mainland China is in "simplied" Chinese characters.

For other Chinese speaking countries such as Singapore and Malaysia, we adopted the "simplied" Chinese characters as well, however I am sure this magazine is never published/sold in Singapore and Malaysia.
I'm a doctor, not a door stop. [ST:FC]

Singapore Star Trek Fansite ... www.startrek.sg ... for the fans, by the fans.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users