• This topic is locked This topic is locked
989 replies to this topic

#1 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

Terilynn transported into a stark, cedar-lined room and the simple elegant sound of a lone Tsugaru Shamisen being plucked lightly entered her ears. She smiled and stepped forward, meeting two beautiful geisha as they stepped forward. The taller of the two looked down upon her stainless steel heeled boots and raises an eyebrow, then shook her head with disapproval.

"Fine. I'll take them off. But if they're not perfect when I leave…" Terilynn warned.

The shorter woman giggled and assured her with her hand. Terilynn removed the boots and let the woman place them in a spot just outside the sliding door. Terilynn blushed with embarrassment.

"Sorry. I forgot about the custom. Shoes will be left at the door."

The taller woman bowed her head and smiled with gratitude.

"Hey…I could get used to this…" said Redshirt Riker with a wicked smile crossing his face as he was led into the room by additional women dressed in kimono.

Terilynn just rolled her eyes. She strolled around the small room, confused. "Where's the bar?"

One of the shorter women bowed and pointed to another sliding door.

"Oh. This is only the antechamber. Silly me."

She slid open the door and grinned brightly. The place was enormous. Three stories of traditional Japanese architecture…an open atrium in the middle of the grand building forced one's eyes to the beautiful stone garden in the middle. Towards the rear of the building and stretching from wall to wall was an enormous teak bar.

"I bet that's fully stocked," Riker smiled. "YER and I shouldn't have any problems."

"I bet not." Terilynn glanced around. The Captains' belongings were artfully arranged on a shelf that hung from the first balcony. The juke box, Zephram's statute, Pink2D2 and RoboCup were set off to the right side of the bar.

The rack o'pain, the broken mirror, Saj, two Cylons, a few Blood elves, tiki torches, a hideous but fun new witch doctor mask and Terilynn's hor'ghan were scattered about. Even the stuffed alligator from Sisko's tavern in New Orleans had made it through unscathed.

The upper balconies had large inflatable representations of Godzilla, Mothra, Gamera, Rodan, Gigan and others that hang over in a threatening but fun manner. Samurai weaponry filled every single panel around the gigantic facility. This is definitely a training facility turned into a social drinking establishment.

"Wow – Yer really has that transdimensional thingamajig working great," said Terilynn. "Everything plus some made it!"

"That's because I'm the one who tuned it up." Riker grunted.

Terilynn smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "For that my dear…you get a massage."

Riker's eyes brightened. "Really?"

A geisha approached Terilynn and whispered in her ear. Terilynn smiled and looked to Riker mischievously. "She said the baths are in the back."

Riker grinned. "Let's go."

Terilynn bowed to the women and thanked them for their time. "Others will be coming soon. Tell them to get the party started. Riker and I will be back…soon. In the meantime, here's a coin. Place it in the jukebox and press S8…please."

A woman removed the coin from her hand and as Terilynn and Redshirt Riker were led to the baths in the back of the house, the graceful woman did as she was asked.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Shamisen can rock you know…

Edited by Terilynn, 04 June 2009 - 12:26 AM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

OK, so, in reading all these intros and stuff...
Since I call it in every thread, imma call it now and agani, Dibs on Ten Forward 19.
No Numerals either. It will be 19, most likely.
I've gotta do the intro on this guys. Dark Tower style. Plaz can help.
:)

#3 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

OK, so, in reading all these intros and stuff...
Since I call it in every thread, imma call it now and agani, Dibs on Ten Forward 19.
No Numerals either. It will be 19, most likely.
I've gotta do the intro on this guys. Dark Tower style. Plaz can help.

As long as you bring the Captains' items the jukebox and the coffeemakers

I hereby declare that you can open 10F 19. And 19 it can be. :)

#4 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

I'll try to. Hard to do in a post-apocalyptic wasteland set in an alternate universe connected to ours via techno-magic doorways.

ALL HAIL THE CRIMSON KING!!

#5 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:00 AM

I still want TF17 to be the revolutionary thread. Honestly, if you don't like the American independence idea, you have two others to choose from. If you don't like the French Revolution or the British Industrial Revolution, I declare you impossible to please.

Also, I'm waiting for Wolverine to drop by this thread... that dude loves Japan.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#6 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:15 AM

*Barbara drops down from an unknown location - hands filled with computer cables, Firewire and USB adaptors, flash drives and remote controls. She lands with an audible thud*

Hey, where is everyone???? Can someone give me a hand with this stuff?

*CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH - the sound echos all around her*

Only a few days and everything is falling apart. Nothing is working. I installed a mandatory update from Adobe and now the Matrox card doesn't support that version and there are no drivers for it yet and no fix. I don't know how to go back to the previous version and I'm about ready to weep bitter tears. I'm tired. Exhausted really. Up all night and day and can't make this thing work.

*kicks off shoes and heads to the bar*

Espresso - double shot, no make that three shots - half 'n half - 2 splendas. Can't do tea right now. Need something much stronger on the caffeine side.

Why don't computers work like they're supposed to????????????????

@Hair/Trekkin - don't you even dare say Mac. Don't even dare. *whips out sword and makes Z-motion in air*
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#7 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

Macs are to PCs as Not awesome is to Awesome.

I went to college on that one.

#8 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:22 AM

Macs are to PCs as Not awesome is to Awesome.

I went to college on that one.

:nonono: rly????

hope your night is awesome.

@Raptor - you'll be arriving here soon, so i wanted to say hi before I have to force myself to get some rest. Hugs Raptor. Hope someone is taking care of you while I'm away.

@Elf - whiskey???? or coffee???? And on my desktop photo --- I got it from an internet search for ST Enterprise pics. Probably went through about 4 pages before I found this one. Love it. It's my favorite.
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#9 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:35 AM

My nights are never awesome...usually lonely and depressing. ><

#10 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

My nights are never awesome...usually lonely and depressing. ><

maybe you should get some sleep???
Mac Anderson

#11 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:47 AM

Nah its not the sleep, its just my life. The dreams are usually worse. :(

#12 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

Nah its not the sleep, its just my life. The dreams are usually worse. :(

I am defragging my hard drives so I'll be up for awhile I think. Boo.
Mac Anderson

#13 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:57 AM

nice place terilynn.. but nerving music.

I always wanted to taste sushi in japan.

*Barbara drops down from an unknown location - hands filled with computer cables, Firewire and USB adaptors, flash drives and remote controls. She lands with an audible thud*

Hey, where is everyone???? Can someone give me a hand with this stuff?

*CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH - the sound echos all around her*

Only a few days and everything is falling apart. Nothing is working. I installed a mandatory update from Adobe and now the Matrox card doesn't support that version and there are no drivers for it yet and no fix. I don't know how to go back to the previous version and I'm about ready to weep bitter tears. I'm tired. Exhausted really. Up all night and day and can't make this thing work.

*kicks off shoes and heads to the bar*

Espresso - double shot, no make that three shots - half 'n half - 2 splendas. Can't do tea right now. Need something much stronger on the caffeine side.

Why don't computers work like they're supposed to????????????????

@Hair/Trekkin - don't you even dare say Mac. Don't even dare. *whips out sword and makes Z-motion in air*

:hug: don't you hate those things.

And I am not saying it...
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#14 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:58 AM

lol, ouch...heh, i think my harddrive is so big, my computer has troubles trying to find things on it sometimes.
Kind wish I had done a RAID-0...I think I will in a year or two though, and go for 3 TB internal. Hehehe, woohoo!
Also, my 4GB of Ram is getting kind full at times, so thats likely the first upgrade on my wishlist.

#15 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:02 AM

lol, ouch...heh, i think my harddrive is so big, my computer has troubles trying to find things on it sometimes.
Kind wish I had done a RAID-0...I think I will in a year or two though, and go for 3 TB internal. Hehehe, woohoo!
Also, my 4GB of Ram is getting kind full at times, so thats likely the first upgrade on my wishlist.

@mlaz - ha ha ha

@Fasty - I have 2.5TB and 8GB RAM. And it's taking forever to defrag!
Mac Anderson

#16 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

Ah. I have 1.5TB, and 4GB of Ram.

By 2012, My intent is to have at least 6 TB of Hardspace, in a RAID 0 configuration, and 16GB of Ram.
*sigh* gotta get a bloody job first though....ugh...I hate our stupid economy.

#17 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

Ah. I have 1.5TB, and 4GB of Ram.

By 2012, My intent is to have at least 6 TB of Hardspace, in a RAID 0 configuration, and 16GB of Ram.
*sigh* gotta get a bloody job first though....ugh...I hate our stupid economy.

It should be easy for you to get a job Mr. Firefighter.

My goal is to have the system working before I leave - which is in like - 2 days...... aukkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Mac Anderson

#18 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

There's no Babs like Babs. Even at this peculiar time of the day.

#19 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:23 AM

There's no Babs like Babs. Even at this peculiar time of the day.

Hey Raptor - I wondered if I could stay up long enough to greet you in your morning! Hope your day is awesome.

*deflates sleep module, puts Saj on a leash and lets him outside for the day*

There's english muffins (fresh and hot) and of course coffee. Help yourself!!!
Mac Anderson

#20 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:26 AM

Nuh, harder then you think. Firefighting right now cant be my career, or it would crush any hopes of me climbing the ranks. Gonna wait a year before I try for a departmental position that offers actual pay. I just need like a summer job.

Ugh its really akward typing right now, I just spent the last 5 hours dictating the first chapter of my rather depressing autobiography of sorts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users