What Star Trek Novel Are You Reading?

38 replies to this topic

#21 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

lwallace - I bought it when it first came out. Very good read... I highly recommend it.

#22 pollyanna03

pollyanna03

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

I am obviously a fan of star trek dvd series , I have been a star trek fan since I was about 6 years old and my friends dad would watch the next generation every single night. Since then I have been watching star trek next generation seasons 1-7 dvd boxset, star trek the original seasons 1-3 dvd boxset, star trek deep space seasons 1-7 dvd boxset, star trek voyager seasons 1-7 dvd boxset.Let me tell you my favorite is and will always be star trek voyager seasons 1-7 dvd boxset . If I have to give grade to star trek voyager seasons 1-7 dvd boxset, then I will obsoulutly give 5 stars..............

#23 Chief Engineer Scott

Chief Engineer Scott

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

I've got over 300 Star Trek novels ranging all the way from TOS Series books like Deep Domain and Killing Time to the new ones like the Titan series. I've read a smattering of various ones. Not currently reading any at the moment, but I read the DS9 Novel The Long Night and it was pretty good.
Posted Image

Excuse me… Excuse me. I’d just like to ask a question… What does God need with a starship? -James Kirk,
I was not aware, Mr. Barris, that twelve Klingons constitutes a swarm." - James Kirk

#24 Eris

Eris

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

How good is "DS9: Warpath"? I heard Eris has an appurrance in that novel!

#25 Ravenxau

Ravenxau

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:25 AM

Hi to all on the boards, long time lurker - first time poster.

Just finished TNG: The Romulan Prize - very much enjoyed the story. Started TNG: Ghost Ship yesterday - as it was AFAIK, the first TNG novel to be written, that is not based on an episode of the show - it is interesting to see how the author handles the characters with very little of their back stories to work with. For Example, Deanna is constantly calling Riker, "Bill"...... Then it will be on to a couple of other early TNG novels.

#26 Hpfan28

Hpfan28

Trekunited Moderator

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

I am reading Star Trek Voyager Caretaker #1

#27 Mary-lou

Mary-lou

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

I am reading Doctor's orders, my first Trek book :)

Is anyone reading the new starfleet academy series? If so is it any good?
Also has anyone read TOS starfleet academy series? Same question.

#28 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'm reading ,,The motion picture''.

#29 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

I'm reading "The Good That Men Do" :trip:

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

#30 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

I more do not read book based on Star Trek,because i can not find book with good story.Me need book adaptation episode endgame series voyager.

#31 TCyredanea

TCyredanea

Ensign

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm reading "Insurrection".

"Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ... (Ray Bradbury)"

#32 May

May

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm reading "The Good That Men Do" :trip:

I'm thinking about reading it again.

Right now I'm reading the adaptation of the TOS's episodes.

#33 Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I am about 3/4 of the way through "That Which Divides" and am enjoying it. Interesting story line.

#34 Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

[I have a question about the Vanguard series. I have not read "Declassified" and was wondering if it was necessary to read it before reading the last books of the series. I know it is a collection of short stories but do they have any bearing on the ending of the series?

#35 Guest_bobstrong_*

Guest_bobstrong_*

• Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Where in the whole Star Trek series does that newest movie come in? Like at the beginning, was it a prologue? I just watched it last night for the first time on TV and now I'm curious. If i don't get an answer I'll just Google it though.

#36 Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

technically it is considered to be an alternate universe type of story

#37 She Hulk

She Hulk

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

I am curious what by which medium are you reading your ST novel? Is there a satisfaction difference between digital vs. print? I am not currently reading a novel but picked up the latest issue of the Star Trek Magazine. Due to the increased demand of school reading, during the condensed spring semester, a novel is almost too much work. I would rather look at pretty pictures and gloss over articles for pure entertainment value, but I could not bring myself to purchase a digital version of the magazine. I wanted the enjoyment of not only visual sensation but a textural, glossy page, sensation as I flipped through the pages. As a collector I can see why I would want physical print and as a collector I found out more about collector's special edition covers, which I will likely get the next time I go to get another issue. But a novel, especially traveling, I think would be just as satisfying in a digital context versus print in a shear reading context and not for collecting purposes.

#38 Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

She Hulk I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have over 190 ST books but lately have shifted to a digital reader for exactly the reasons you suggest. It is so easy just to have the reader with me, which takes up less space and weighs little, plus I can have as many books as I want at any time on my device.

#39 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Captain Kirk,do you read book: "Star trek:way of the warrior"?
This is my favorite book from "Star trek".I haved small novel collection~ seven-eight books+ two Star Trek magazine.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users