Star Trek Movie Preview in Singapore

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr EMH

Dr EMH

Commander

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

Our Singapore Star Trek community has been invited by UIP to attend the new Star Trek movie gala preview on 4 May 2009 in Singapore ... many Trekkies supported the movie by beaming down in their new Star Trek movie uniforms! :)

Here's some nic pic taken during the movie gala preview ...

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image
I'm a doctor, not a door stop. [ST:FC]

Singapore Star Trek Fansite ... www.startrek.sg ... for the fans, by the fans.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

Awesome! I wish I had a TOS uniform. I have a TNG uniform... but I think that woulda been out of place at the new movie, so I just wore a star trek t-shirt.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#3 Dr EMH

Dr EMH

Commander

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

Thanks, frootlooper, but the pic above is not TOS uniforms ... it's the new Star Trek movie (2009) uniforms. ;)

The main diff is that the movie uniform badge is made of metal (while the old TOS uniform is embroidary), also the fabric is more complex than TOS, and each uniform is a 2-piece costume (inner black dickie + outer long-sleeve shirt) unlike TOS is simply a t-shirt.

We ordered our costumes from the Malaysia Trekkies who were partnering with UIP Malaysia (United International Pictures) in promoting the new movie on 1 May 2009, see thier online newspaper THE STAR video clip here: http://thestaronline.tv/v/3328 (i was the one holding the Spock mask, hehe)

Edited by Dr EMH, 09 May 2009 - 10:49 PM.

I'm a doctor, not a door stop. [ST:FC]

Singapore Star Trek Fansite ... www.startrek.sg ... for the fans, by the fans.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users