4 replies to this topic

#1 Trip 2 Enterprise

Trip 2 Enterprise

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:44 AM

Hi everyone,

Do you think it would be of any use contacting Scott Bakula's agent? I found his address on IMDb Pro.

We could just tell him that we are still out here...and hoping for a return of the show.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

Contacting the actors would be good to let them know we love the work they did on the show, to let them know about our appreciation, to let them know there are many viewers who found out about the show after the cancellation (on reruns and syndication) and they can't believe it was cancelled, and to let them know that the fans didn't let the show go and some of us are still on campaign to bring it back.
All of that would make the actors feel better, probably they'd mention it on interviews, which would be good to let the execs know that the show could still come back.

BUT...

That said, such information as the actors' agents contact info is NOT meant to be posted in this board or any other in the open; it is meant to remain private, that's why they keep it on the IMDb Pro and not on the regular IMDb (same reason why the letters from the fans to the actors are sent to the studios and not to their agents while they're under a signed contract working for a show).

So, my advice would be that if you or anyone else who's got access to the IMDb Pro want to take the risk of contacting the actors' agents just as fans and not for a job offer, try it. A few letters from a few fans wouldn't mind them; but more than that, or posting the contact info in the open, could piss them off.

Edited by John Doe, 06 May 2009 - 05:10 AM.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

Agreed John, as some agents may be sympathetic to the fans thoughts, their primary focus is to future (profitable) jobs for their clients and more importantly their commision for doing it.
As some of the management here at TU have met Bakulas agent and had contact with him on other matters. I can assure you he would not want to deal with any kind of discussion
related to Enterprise unless it came from Paramount. (He is very professional, tough and protective of his clients)

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 Trip 2 Enterprise

Trip 2 Enterprise

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

Agreed John, as some agents may be sympathetic to the fans thoughts, their primary focus is to future (profitable) jobs for their clients and more importantly their commision for doing it.
As some of the management here at TU have met Bakulas agent and had contact with him on other matters. I can assure you he would not want to deal with any kind of discussion
related to Enterprise unless it came from Paramount. (He is very professional, tough and protective of his clients)

Okay, valid points. I will not bother him then.

#5 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

Well, there's nothing stopping you writing a single polite fan letter. You'll either be ignored, receive a signed photo or be politely (or otherwise) told to stop, then directed to where you should send to.

Such contact details should not be used to bombard him with endless campaign literature. That could do much damage and be taken for harassment. Scott has no more say in the future of Star Trek, than any of us. But the last thing you'd want, is to make him think twice about playing any future role in the franchise.

Continue to write to the Studios - CBS and Paramount. They produce the content. They make the profit. They authorize future products. Receiving such requests is a legitimate part of their job. They should expect no less than a dialog with the consumer.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users