• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

You don't see too much of non-canon ships these days and one resource that is vastly underused is the website of Masao Okazaki, The Starfleet Museum. The end result of 35 year's work, it gives a fascinating alternative look at the development of starship technology and in the years before Enterprise when Trek Canon for the period before TOS was freely open to the imaginations of fans.

Posted Image

Marc Robitaille, who is a Canadian card modeller from waaaaay back, has just released a model of Masao's Amarillo class cruiser which he describes thus ..."It is a cruiser that was made during the war against the Romulan Star Empire between 2156 and 2160. It had the honor of being the first in its class. Its staff is composed of 64 officers and 318 crew members. Its armament consists of 12 Spider area-defense missiles, 18 Narwhal long-range antiship missiles, 6 turret-mounted pulse laser cannons. It has 3 3N-9D fusion reactors with 2 Jaguar I nacelles. It can reach speeds of warp 2.1. The maximum speed is warp 2.5. Unfortunately it was destroyed during the war."

You can download this for free FROM HERE on Marc's new website, Star Trek en papier which has some of his older work as well, his Daedalus and Klingon K't'inga class ships as well a model of the Eagle from Space 1999.

Thanks to Marc for his heads-up on the Papermodels II Google Group.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

Of interest to Canadians might also be the fact that he is researching a 1/33 scale Avro Arrow - there is a smaller scale version already designed HERE.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

For a small scale Avro its still an impressive paper model.

I think in this shaky economy doing paper modeling is a cheap hobby to have.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users