Mirror Universe Dominion

12 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan Donutz

Duncan Donutz

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

I picture the Mirror Dominion being like the Federation and the Old Republic from Star Wars.

I doubt the Dominion is called the Dominion in the MU. Probably has a name ringing of democracy, free will & liberty.

Your thoughts?

Speculation's always fun.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 1701-Z

1701-Z

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

I think it would be intresting if the MU Dominion was the same. It could show that not only is not everything the oppisite, but would alsy show tha tin the MU, there is no freedom, or at least nothing like the Federation.

#3 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

Sounds right they would be a federation type organization with Jem'hadar women.
What would Je'hadar women and fashino look like?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dark Frontier Production Advisor
Unofficial Star Trek: Protector Production Advisor
Starship Excelsior Promotional Graphics
Star Trek Requirius Production Advisor and Graphic Designer
Trek fan fiction writer: Welcome to Romulus and Temporal Cold War Factions.

#4 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

In the regular universe everyone basically gets along with each other, (with the odd war) due to treaties, diplomats, and natural disasters, (Praxis). This is because the regular universe has the setting of being generally good, peaceful with the only real bad guys to the Federation being the Borg and the Dominion.
Whereas the mirror universe is always in a state of warcthe setting is evil, with very fragile alliances if there are any with bad guys everywhere, (except the Romulans who would be the logical passive followers of Surak who were forced off Vulcan, and the cloaking technology being logical defense technology, which it is).

Sounds right they would be a slightly agressive federation type organization with Jem'hadar women.
What would Jem'hadar women and fashion looks like?
The mirror universe Borg would be humaniods that use the nanopprobes in their bodies for computer repair and medical treatments.

The relationship between the mirror universe Dominion and Borg would be like the one between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dark Frontier Production Advisor
Unofficial Star Trek: Protector Production Advisor
Starship Excelsior Promotional Graphics
Star Trek Requirius Production Advisor and Graphic Designer
Trek fan fiction writer: Welcome to Romulus and Temporal Cold War Factions.

#5 Ben_Jamin

Ben_Jamin

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

In the regular universe everyone basically gets along with each other, (with the odd war) due to treaties, diplomats, and natural disasters, (Praxis). This is because the regular universe has the setting of being generally good, peaceful with the only real bad guys to the Federation being the Borg and the Dominion.
Whereas the mirror universe is always in a state of warcthe setting is evil, with very fragile alliances if there are any with bad guys everywhere, (except the Romulans who would be the logical passive followers of Surak who were forced off Vulcan, and the cloaking technology being logical defense technology, which it is).

Sounds right they would be a slightly agressive federation type organization with Jem'hadar women.
What would Jem'hadar women and fashion looks like?
The mirror universe Borg would be humaniods that use the nanopprobes in their bodies for computer repair and medical treatments.

The relationship between the mirror universe Dominion and Borg would be like the one between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

Actually, in the books, the mirror universe Borg were even worse than they are. They weren't about bettering themselves as with the regualr universe, they were about conquest. I dread to think how bad the Dominion would be. Probably using Theleron weapons like shinzon had in nemesis lol
http://ds-10.starfleetuk.org <--- USS Paladin, Sovereign Class, Obsidian Fleet
http://anne.epsilonf...x.php?page=main <--- USS Anne, Ambassador Class, Epsilon Force

"A Female's in the House, She Must be Mounted." - Alan Harper About Charlie Harper's sleeping with Judith's new sister-in-law, Two and a Half Men

#6 trek forever

trek forever

Captain

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

We saw that Mirror Universe Odo was a nasty overseer type. What if instead of being a foundling,he was actually exiled because the other shapeshifters are a lot nicer?

Best wishes,

Scott

#7 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

We saw that Mirror Universe Odo was a nasty overseer type. What if instead of being a foundling,he was actually exiled because the other shapeshifters are a lot nicer?

Best wishes,

Scott

Good point... the whole MU can't be all bad, so having kind Founders and Vorta that can taste different foods is a nice idea.

Not to float away from this topic toward another, but what would the GQ be like in the movie's alternate universe? I know it'll never happen, but it would kick lotsa butt if we could see the Dominion *before* it actually became the Dominion. Like if Kirk somehow met non-clone Vorta and saved them from being slaves to the Founders. Good God, I'd sell body parts to see a Prime Minister Weyoun or something along those lines. Oh well, Aerosmith wrote that song... it's called "Dream On" *sigh*

Guess I should move off to post in the movie thread, huh... :P
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#8 trek forever

trek forever

Captain

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:51 PM

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Scott

#9 xgmx

xgmx

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

I picture the Mirror Dominion being like the Federation and the Old Republic from Star Wars.

I doubt the Dominion is called the Dominion in the MU. Probably has a name ringing of democracy, free will & liberty.

Your thoughts?

Speculation's always fun.

I think it would be a lot like the Federation too.
Posted Image

#10 Baconnaise

Baconnaise

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

I wouldn't think the Dominion would even exist. Changelings would stay hidden from solids and the Jem Hadar were never created.
Because Every Meal Should Taste Like Bacon

#11 Eris

Eris

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

The Vorta would be the spies for the Federation against the Undine, probably. :) Eris being the wife of Sisko and Kassidy working for the Terran Umpire. :)

#12 Seven of Nine

Seven of Nine

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:16 AM

The Mirror Universe is a fail.
"
There would be none of the "Our Universe" people doubles in the Mirror Universe, It just takes the smallest thing to go wrong the start of either Universe's "time". http://simpsons.wiki..._and_Punishment Simpsons Treehouse of Horror V - Time and Punishment.

#13 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Interesting question.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users