Letter to Many Coto

33 replies to this topic

#21 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

I found something else that could help, I am sorry I can't do anything more than this, as I'm not in the U.S.

It is supposed you can send letters and/or emails to:

Ms. Nancy Tellem
CBS Paramount Network Television
4024 Radford Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
nancy.tellem@cbs.com

Got this address from "Jericho" fans who are trying to save their show, they're sending letters to Ms. Tellem.

There's also a Feedback Form on CBS's website, but I don't know if it's of any use to us, as you've got to select a show from a drop-down list and there's no Enterprise on it, but anyways, if you're willing to try, here it is:

http://www.cbs.com/i...global_form.php

Also, try sending the letters for manny Coto to the Fox Network, as he's working on "24" and "24" is a Fox show, and that's how it always works for actors and staff: send the letter to the network they're currently working for, and they'll forward it to the recipient.

And as Bruce just said above, Sci-Fi Channel should be contacted by the fans to ask for more Enterprise, this could help if there's enough demand and they could tell CBS, "Hey, the fans keep asking, they even know how to get more viewers" or anything like that.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#22 trek forever

trek forever

Captain

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

The desicion had already been made, but names keep getting thrown out, here is the order of importance to mail to and the reasons why:

1. CBS Main Contact, Reason they own trek on TV here in the USA, also contracts here in the USA for folks like Rick Beirmen & Brannon Bragga who work for a large company (like CBS) all have this stipulation in there contracts, "anything you create & Make while in our employment becomes our property" so while key individuales may have come up with an idea for a show, the studio retains complete ownership of it, and has the sole power over its future in any incarnation, be it a series return, a TV mini series or a movie for the big screen. CBS is the sole owner of Trek of any kind on TV, they own Enterprise, 1 exception if Paramount a sister company or Viacom the parent company wanted to do something they would be given due consideration over any non family member, such as if Paramount requested an Enterprise movie (which they wont as they have done another one) otherwise it is totally up to CBS to bring Enterprise back.

2. Scifi Channel, they do not own anything trek, they merely provide an outlet for airing it to satisfy the demand which the public asks for, so in writing them, if they get lots of letters they may ask CBS to make new episodes on our behalf. and may try to reach a deal so they could air them either as first run, or a syndicated second run the week following the first run.

3. The writer (Manny Coto) as he can get in to CBS to pitch the shows return (which he would be helping us to get the show back) so if he hears from enough fans he has the contacts to get in to talk with the right people at CBS! I picked Manny Coto for the following reasons,
1. because he likes Trek,
2. He did an excellent job on season 4.
3. He has several ideas for a season 5.
4. He has been on public record as saying he can do more than one series at a time!
5. He has said he would love to do trek series again.

4. Advertisiers (at this point not very effective), getting them to ask for the show to come back, now 4 almost 5 years since the shows cancellation, they would be hard to convince to ask for the show to come back, best contacting them within weeks of a shows cancellation.

So the top 3 CBS first, Scifi channel, and then Manny.

If you can send only 1 letter make it CBS!

May is our best shot to get Enterprise on the minds of CBS execs as they are watching what the movie does.

If any can send priority please do (cost apx $5) thats how I sent my 1st letter to Manny Coto.

May all pass the word about our May 2009 mail campaign! Later Bruce

Gotcha-thanks.

Best wishes,

Scott

#23 Tom R

Tom R

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

http://drexfiles.wor...day-manny-coto/

Have a look at this, seems Manny does still want to write for Star Trek.

#24 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

http://drexfiles.wor...day-manny-coto/

Have a look at this, seems Manny does still want to write for Star Trek.

Thank you very much for the link.

I'm thrilled to be working on 24, and consider myself very lucky especially in this economic climate… but damn, would I love to be writing about the Romulan War right about now...

THIS. GUY. IS. GOD. :buttrock:

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#25 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Thank you very much for the link.

THIS. GUY. IS. GOD. :buttrock:

We should consider a Manny Coto campaign, and send him 1 page letters (kept short so he will read a few) let him know why we like the show and why we think it should come back, also that we would like to see the forming of the federation and the romulan wars!

Will need a little time to rally the fans, today is 10-29-09 so how about Dec1st thru 15th 2009?

Later Bruce
Here is a site with Current Campaign Info and what U can do to help http://www.freewebs.com/stenterprise/

#26 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

I hate to be the one to pour cold water... because this campaign has always needed a direction to go for. It's not really up to him is it? Manny Coto, Mike Sussman or any of the former writers would love to still be working on Enterprise, or a successive Star Trek show. Burying their offices with mail isn't the answer.

CBS, Paramount, Viacom... none of them are listening either. Well, unless you happen to be JJ Abrams I guess.

I just don't know what the answer is. If the Studios aren't listening after the level of box office attained by the last film, I doubt there is one.

They obviously see a clear difference between what Star Trek is right now and what it once was. So we can ask for Enterprise back as much as we like, they won't want to be reminded of such unfinished business. There also aren't enough of us doing so. I've really tried phlox at this one too... asking others to pass on a DVD(-Rom) which leaves fans in no doubt how great Enterprise was and why it should come back.

I wish it wasn't this way but one thing's for sure... annoying Manny isn't going to acheive our goal.

#27 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

I agree with CP, the writers have absolutely no control on the fate of Enterprise it is just all up to the studio heads and we've been mailing them for years now to no response.
I do have one campaign suggestion, has anybody asked the cast and crew what they think of the Enterpise books? might want to check that out maybe you'll get an answer and if they answer you and they say they have read them and like them then scan the letter and post it and the fans will know they like the books and they support the books so the books should be brought so the series keeps on going.

#28 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

I do have one campaign suggestion, has anybody asked the cast and crew what they think of the Enterpise books? might want to check that out maybe you'll get an answer and if they answer you and they say they have read them and like them then scan the letter and post it and the fans will know they like the books and they support the books so the books should be brought so the series keeps on going.

I love the books! I'm waiting for The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing by Michael Martin, to land on my doorstep. Our postal workers are on strike again, so I could be waiting a while... Simon & Schuster books used to make more spoken word versions and I don't think I've ever seen one for Enterprise. Not ever. Why don't they hire Connor Trinneer to read The Good That Men Do? Dominic Keating for Kobayashi Maru? Or... probably too expensive... Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock to tackle the latest one?

#29 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

Oh great i ordered mine from the UK, none were available in Australia so i had to order out but anyhow i think the books are a nice campaign ground if whoever does a campaign strikes it just right or attempt to raise the profile of the Enterprise fan sites etc, bottom line numbers are needed.

#30 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Manny Coto is still under contract with Fox, and such contract ends when 24's season 8 ends, some time next year, which is supposed to be the end for the show too. So Manny would be free by then.

But on the other hand, I agree with Christopher; letters, letters and more letters until they're drowning in them, doesn't look like the way to go. Of course, we could still send letters (or emails, or comments on their blogs, or messages on their Twitters) to Manny and the other ENT producers and writers and actors, to let them know that we loved their work on "Enterprise" and that we would love to see the show back if only for a movie.

I won't give up, but I won't waste my efforts only to see them on CBS' trash can. There are different ways to try.

A few weeks ago, a guy sent me an email (thanks to my NX Initiative site). He's a former Marine who fought in Vietnam and in the first Gulf War. He's one of the many people who couldn't watch ENT on its original run, so he bought the DVDs and watched the whole show more than once, now that he's retired from duty. He says he found seasons 3 and 4 to be exceptional for a television program, and also made comments about Archer on season 3 and on season 4 episode "Home", as those stories, for military men, have got a whole different meaning.
He is sending letters to the execs for the show. He is not only an "Enterprise" fan, but also a Star Trek fan, and his father was a big ST fan too.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

#31 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

I can still see a point to sending letters to CBS, but there's not much that writing Manny Coto or anyone else from the show could do. At best, they might write back and say they like what we're doing, which would boost morale, but I don't there's anything they can do directly.

#32 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

there's not much that writing Manny Coto or anyone else from the show could do. At best, they might write back and say they like what we're doing, which would boost morale, but I don't there's anything they can do directly.

You are right when you say there's nothing they can do directly; but there's still something they can do: talk. When they talk to each other, I'm sure they'd mention letters from the fans, and if the word spreands enough... that's a chance we've got from inside. Or to mention it on interviews, like some time ago when Scott Bakula was interviewed about Quantum Leap's anniversary; he was asked about the Star Trek XI movie, and on his reply he mentioned Enterprise.

Edited by John Doe, 31 October 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#33 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

I can still see a point to sending letters to CBS, but there's not much that writing Manny Coto or anyone else from the show could do. At best, they might write back and say they like what we're doing, which would boost morale, but I don't there's anything they can do directly.

I have not received a response from Mr Coto, I wrote him because he is on public record as wanting to do more Trek, has also said that he can do more than 1 tv show at a time.

Do not under estimate the power that writers and producers have with the studios, they can get in to them to pitch shows.

Take Stargate Atlantis, it was doing very well on SYFY, but was cancelled because the writers/producers got board with it and wanted to do something new, they got MGM and SYfy to cancel Atlantis, a proven show, in favor of SGU a totally new and unproven take on the Gate franchise (aug 20th 2008 Atlantis cancelled, Aug 21st 2008 Universe announced as a go), Universe #s have been falling, I quit watching after the 4th episode, as I find it boring and depressing.

Anyway Manny has the contacts to get in to CBS, He is well worthy of all to write to asking for more Enterprise! I plan on writing him again, and sending him a small gift of appreciation for his work on season 4!

Later Bruce

Edited by Bruce2, 11 November 2009 - 11:00 PM.

Here is a site with Current Campaign Info and what U can do to help http://www.freewebs.com/stenterprise/

#34 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Let me know if anyone ever writes back, Bruce... whether Mr. Coto or other ex-ENT cast or crew, and I'll do the same.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users