• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1001 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

Three gigantic, golden-plumed birds glide into the sky above a broad clearing in an ancient forest. They drift to the ground, the wind from their wings stirring leaves.

Edwards sits upon the foremost bird. For this special bar, he has foregone his viper and Colonial fatigues for something a little different. As he dismounts the dragonhawk, the sun glints upon his armor, flashing off crimson plates and gold trim, being absorbed by sections of midnight black. His companions, Blood Elves dressed in similar armor, also dismount and join him in heading for the center of the clearing, where a great tree stands.

The tree towers above all others in the forest, its leaves sighing in the wind. A great wooden platform has been built around the thick trunk. Edwards and his long-eared companions travel up a set of stairs to the platform and take in the sights of this unique bar.

Rough-hewn wooden tables dot the platform. Sitting at them are all manner of exotic peoples and creatures. Knights in shining or dark armor trade tales of battle and heroism. Mysterious travelers brood within hooded cloaks. Elves of all kinds--violet-skinned and silver-eyed, or pale-skinned and dressed in fine clothes, or tall and radiant with their own inner light, or Blood Elves with eerie green eyes and haunted expressions--speak in a myriad of musical tongues. Wizards in shimmering robes fiddle with small magics or debate the deeper workings of the universe.

Edwards and his companions cross the platform and go through a door upon the tree's trunk, entering a cozy room filled with more tables and unusual people.

As strange as this bar is, here, there are recognizable things. The captains' mementos occupy small shelfs and niches throughout the room. The jukebox sits in one corner, and beside it, a number of instruments, including a familiar trombone, sit upon a small stage. Pink2D2 and Robocup stand upon the wooden bar, and all the familiar drinks--raktajino, Andorian ale, the ingredients for fuzzy Malcolms, Romulan ale--are arrayed behind it.

Edwards and his companions take their seats. In TL's absence, Edwards has opened the bar, but he knows he cannot run it. In the meantime, he has found two skilled stewards, men with shirts as crimson as his armor. Riker takes the bar in with a cool, confident grin, while YER observes it with a hint of bewilderment.

Raucous noises echo from a small staircase to one side of the room. Below, there is another bar. There, Dwarves sing loud drinking songs, while Hobbits dance upon tables. Voluptuous bar maidens weave between brawls between massive orcs, unshaven brigands, and wild barbarians. The floor is stained by blood, ale, and less identifiable substances. Not all fantasy is pretty clothes and peaceful forests.

Edwards leans back and awaits the first patrons.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Started kinda early edwards.....
And what relates 14 to LOTR?
I is confused...
But thats ok, I often am.
Gonna go find a place to smoke, this place reminds me too much of earth day.

#3 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

Gonna go find a place to smoke, this place reminds me too much of earth day.

Dammit, no! You, sir, are quitting, and you can't do that if you keep smoking.

Posted Image

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

Thank you...and red shirt? Wait, in the OST the red shirts always died or got the shaft...except Scotty... :blink:

BTW added pics in my gallery.

Well...Terilynn..who is the proprietress of Ten Forward...wherever it goes...is rather fond of her Ensign RedShirts. Right now, she has Riker working for her as the RedShirt, seems he was abducted from the Mirror Universe. RedShirts really just take a lot of abuse here...so Riker has to be good to his Mistress to keep from being replaced.
hmmm?? Pictures in your Gallery you say?

I just got pictures that my dad took before Prom last weekend. So here's my dress:

Posted Image
You can see my bandaged finger in this picture. Lol.
(Yay! I figured out how to put a picture here! Only took me like twenty minutes. :err: )

Look how pretty you are...ooh la la, Loopy!!

I love the blue/brown pattern! Glad you had such a good time.

Oh...nice bandage...and it took me 2 plus years to figure out how to post a pic...duh.

the horror of having two girls pissed at him, on the same date, on the same night, for the same friggin reason: zero booze. Only my tiny little flask, which was empty in only a single pass around.

PS, now I'm stuck at my dilema again, to go with laptop or desktop.
><!!!!!
I want the supreme power to price ratio that you get with a desktop, but laptops are so...laptoppity...

Well...for my Senior Prom, my date showed up in a beat up old Nova..I couldn't believe it. I'll compare that to showing up in a 15 yr old Jeep Cherokee...all rusty and no hubcaps...

I know someone who might have a nice Mac Laptop for sale... ;)

I hope this isn't too presumptuous, but since TL's away, I went ahead and started the next bar. Since there were no other strong contenders as far as ideas go, I went and did my fantasy idea.

I was always contending strongly that we go to a tropical island -_- ....and you closed up shop while I was trying to post...freaked me out dude!!

Edited by trekkin', 22 April 2009 - 10:35 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

I know someone who might have a nice Mac Laptop for sale... ;)

Odd... so do I. Huh.

I was always contending strongly that we go to a tropical island -_- ....and you closed up shop while I was trying to post...freaked me out dude!!

I've said it once, I've said it, well, probably ten times with this thread series: once the new one is up, the old one goes down. The mods will allow time for the posting of the next part after the passage of 1000 (within reason, of course), so there's no need to worry about the whole "Gotta beat the 1000th post!" deal. Settle on who will be making the next thread and wait - the forum will still be here in the morning.

Maybe. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#6 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

Well...for my Senior Prom, my date showed up in a beat up old Nova..I couldn't believe it. I'll compare that to showing up in a 15 yr old Jeep Cherokee...all rusty and no hubcaps...

Any girl that doesn't think this is phloxing cool is probably not the girl for me anyway :P

The "I feel like I'm going to die" vibe in phloxy cars is my favorite part.

There have been occasions where this hasn't been so far from the truth :P
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#7 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

I would've been a contender, but I had nothing for a title.
But I will be taking Bar 19, and if anybody has any qualms, you'll meet get a royal e-tongue lashing from me and meet the rather blunt end of my e-rage.
I think Melvin can agree with me on what Bar 19 shall be too.
And Clark

"Ten Forward XIX: Childe Roland to the Dark Tavern Came..."
Posted Image

#8 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

Sort of. Only, you know, with a less lame title.
:lol:

And an old Nova, huh?
What year? A buddy of mine has a '69 Nova, and that thing is like sex on tires.
I liked what one guy at my school did though: Picked up his date on his motorcycle.
She knew about it, and planned her dress accordingly, but still, thats either super badass or super stupid.
I go for the former, myself.
Getting my bike this summer, if I can find myself a job.

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

Odd... so do I. Huh.

I've said it once, I've said it, well, probably ten times with this thread series: once the new one is up, the old one goes down. The mods will allow time for the posting of the next part after the passage of 1000 (within reason, of course), so there's no need to worry about the whole "Gotta beat the 1000th post!" deal. Settle on who will be making the next thread and wait - the forum will still be here in the morning.

"THIRTEEN" FORWARD Posted Image 123» 49 976 Very Superstitious

Ummm....I would have posted the 977th post...I was posting...and when I hit add reply, I got a nice little red panel that informed me that the thread was closed... :nonono:

It is just fortunate for you...that the "quote" thingy still worked... :lol:

Alllrighty Then...

Good night, Sweet Dreams...

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#10 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

So, Hair, if I start 15, you'll close this one?
;)

#11 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:33 AM

;)

Oooh..will it be on a tropical island with silly drinks in coconuts??

#12 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

Er, maybe?
O.o

BTW, I plan on getting a tattoo after I get certified in a few weeks.
So, since you folks are John Q public to me, I want you to go to this site:
http://www.strikethebox.com/

And pick out a couple tattoos you like.
PM them to me.
Or better yet, if you like something you see but have an idea of your own, create your own.
I'll make a thread with the top 10, you guys vote, and I get it etched into my flesh.
Sound good?

#13 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:04 AM

;)

Not until you get close to 1000 here. Otherwise, I'll just smack you and close the new thread.

Posted Image

#14 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:36 AM

*trekkin' walks into the bar...bangs her head on the door jam.*

ugh...Hobbit bar....wrong place.

*hunched over, she spies the staircase to the Elven Ten Forward. She climbs the staircase on her hands and knees wriggling up.*

*Still crawling*

Pink2...java!! HOT..milk only...

I guess it is kinda homey here.

*She finds a lovely winged back chair covered in the most lovely silk tapestry.*

Drink!

*she curls up with her coffee cup and pulls a left behind wizard's cape over her for warmth. *

I think I'll just hang here for a bit...

*the sounds of the forest awakening around her and the hustle and bustle of the birds building their nests all around soothe her into a light dreamy state.*

#15 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

And what relates 14 to LOTR?
I is confused...

Nothing, so far as I'm aware. I couldn't think of anything that relates to fourteen, so I just chose a title that fit my fantasy theme.

#16 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

I knew before reading who started the topic it was you EE :lol: (I could have blamed Legolas but he sadly he hasn't been around so much).
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#17 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:42 AM

Fantasy, eh? I suppose I must play a role... or roleplay, in layman's terms. Orc warrior or human Necromancer? Also, italics is code for out of character chat.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#18 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

I'd go with the necromancer. Spell-casting FTW.

#19 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

Agreed, plus, Necromancers are just badass.

The wooden door to the tavern creaked open, and the sky outside was suddenly cloudy despite the fact that it was clear moments before. A man dressed in black stepped in. He swept back the hood of his cloak to reveal his pale skin and dark hair, as well as the scarred tissue near his left eye. The eys itself was a faded gray and motionless, in contrast to his dark right eye which swept frantically back and forth, surveying the tavern before him. He moved through the still rowdy tavern, its patrons giving him a wide berth once they had noticed he'd arrived. The man tapped a drunken reveler on his shoulder. "Excuse me. You're in my favorite chair." The man set his drink on the table and rose. "Get lost. This is my chair now."

The man's comrades averted their eyes. "Pardon me. I'll go find another spot," the mysterious stranger said apologetically. As the drunk turned his back and returned to his drink, the man in black made mysterious motions with his hands and uttered a few dark words in a black tongue. The drunk began screaming and clutching his body, falling to the ground and rolling about. Most of the people in the tavern made an attempt to ignore the screaming. The man in black delivered a swift kick to the drunk's stomach as the spell subsided, and spit on him. He sat down and, with only the word, "Leave," the other men at the table got up quickly and ran to the door, exiting the bar as quickly as possible.

Taking the seat closest to the wall, and the shadow, the man in black took a drink from a nearby server and sipped at it. Throwing his robes about him as he leaned back, he spoke to the tavern as a whole. "Tell Barbara I have a blindness spell for her if she starts that stupid argument again."

Edited by Apocalypse, 23 April 2009 - 11:18 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#20 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

I have a new tune for the jukebox.

http://www.facebook....=...Shkd&ref=nf

Hey Apoco...nice cape...*stepping over the ailing man* do try to leave your trash outside...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users