The Countdown

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1009 replies to this topic

#1001 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

Your suggestion lacks any nick cage and thus fails.

dude he doesn't come into the picture until the sequel. i mean duh.
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#1002 christrekkie

christrekkie

Trek to Troops Coordinator

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:35 AM

Year ago I tried reaching out to them and they took my idea as their own. :(

THey own Star Trek yes but ideas come up from another person they do not. and I am not bitter I am just alittle angry over the fact they didn't contact me about this. Just took my idea as their own isn't that against the law if I went and made promotional purpose of taking and Makeing a Star Trek Show or something and made money they would sue me right? Here I created and Idea Trek to the Troops Five years before the move comes out and they took that idea and took it from me thats copyright infridgement is it not. Though the idea of Star Trek being part of Trek to the Troops is because the Actors were from Trek we did not profit off anything we have ever done otherwised it gots me Blood swet and Tears and money to make events though Small We tried to go overseas with actors and the death of the Point of Contact at Armed Forces Entertainment dashed our hopes for the tour we still wanted to do one but Abrams cut us the Middle man out of the picture. I am going to get intouch with them and see what we can work together but I don't think they will I am going to have to get a lawyer and fight them for credit. I might go on National TV about this. Big Budget Paramount and Star Trek JJ Abrams Steals idea from soldier and create it as their own.

Your suggestion lacks any nick cage and thus fails.

Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org
www.christophermulrooney.com

#1003 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:37 AM

dude he doesn't come into the picture until the sequel. i mean duh.

fine but only if it also includes mickey rooney and Andie MacDowell.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#1004 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

fine but only if it also includes mickey rooney and Andie MacDowell.

obviously. :nod:
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#1005 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:00 AM

Year ago I tried reaching out to them and they took my idea as their own. :(

THey own Star Trek yes but ideas come up from another person they do not. and I am not bitter I am just alittle angry over the fact they didn't contact me about this. Just took my idea as their own isn't that against the law if I went and made promotional purpose of taking and Makeing a Star Trek Show or something and made money they would sue me right? Here I created and Idea Trek to the Troops Five years before the move comes out and they took that idea and took it from me thats copyright infridgement is it not. Though the idea of Star Trek being part of Trek to the Troops is because the Actors were from Trek we did not profit off anything we have ever done otherwised it gots me Blood swet and Tears and money to make events though Small We tried to go overseas with actors and the death of the Point of Contact at Armed Forces Entertainment dashed our hopes for the tour we still wanted to do one but Abrams cut us the Middle man out of the picture. I am going to get intouch with them and see what we can work together but I don't think they will I am going to have to get a lawyer and fight them for credit. I might go on National TV about this. Big Budget Paramount and Star Trek JJ Abrams Steals idea from soldier and create it as their own.

You do what you got to do but I very much doubt a lawyer will be able to do much for you.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#1006 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

You do what you got to do but I very much doubt a lawyer will be able to do much for you.

I hope it dosn't have to go to being a lawsuit I just want credit for my idea Trek To the Troops. maybe some cudos from them you know for coming up with the idea that they used. Thats all I am asking for. I am not looking to profit .

Chris

Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#1007 aklaus

aklaus

Overanalyzinator ~~ Countdown Dumpster Diver

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 36,757 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

I hope it dosn't have to go to being a lawsuit I just want credit for my idea Trek To the Troops. maybe some cudos from them you know for coming up with the idea that they used. Thats all I am asking for. I am not looking to profit .

Question: How much in the way of public props did you give to the USO for borrowing their idea of shipping celebrities out to entertain the military? Because I don't remember any. Which is fine--because it's a sufficiently generic idea. No one owns the idea of entertaining our troops overseas; it's something that anyone with access to entertainers and sufficient transportation can do.

Also, if you start screaming trademark law now, you might need to change your organization's name to Sci Fi To The Troops.

I can respect what you're trying to do overall, but getting on Paramount's bad side, when the Trek actors have way more to lose by siding with you than by siding with Paramount (i.e. their potential meal ticket), is not good tactics.

#1008 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

I do work with the USO, I work directly with the USO at LAX. They do get props I can't put USO Trademarks on the site without permission directly from USO like I don't put start trek logos and Trademarked items on the website. Also TREK also is a Generic word theres TREK is also a means a to travel ect. I just know I talked with JJ Office last year I brought up the idea and wanted JJ Abrams office to get intouch with us.

Also each event I do mention and promote the USO... Even when I was on the Jimmy Kimmel show I mentioned the Bob Hope USO at LAX even with out mentioned Trek to the Troops. Everyones just going to go at the Side of JJ Abrams and Star Trek movie. Why should I even bother. Just my idea to bring Star Trek Celebs on a Trek to the Troops Just something I have worked hard over the past five years.

Question: How much in the way of public props did you give to the USO for borrowing their idea of shipping celebrities out to entertain the military? Because I don't remember any. Which is fine--because it's a sufficiently generic idea. No one owns the idea of entertaining our troops overseas; it's something that anyone with access to entertainers and sufficient transportation can do.

Also, if you start screaming trademark law now, you might need to change your organization's name to Sci Fi To The Troops.

I can respect what you're trying to do overall, but getting on Paramount's bad side, when the Trek actors have way more to lose by siding with you than by siding with Paramount (i.e. their potential meal ticket), is not good tactics.

Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#1009 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:40 AM

Wow. Tom Gill, local Chevy dealer, just offered to through in 100 shares of GM with each new vehicle purchase. On the day that GM stock plunged 16% to $1.71/share after the news that the Treasury ordered GM to start preparations for bankruptcy proceedings. :lol:

I saw a commercial out of seatle for some Kia dealership selling one model 2for1. It's all very amusing.

No, I live in the United States of America, where we care about football, basketball (so long as Michael Jordan is playing), baseball, nascar, and staged wrestling.

Hey, hockey is cared about too.... at least a bit.
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#1010 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

CLANG!!

http://www.trekunite...showtopic=18523
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users