Photo

Dungeons and Dragons for Trek United

2 replies to this topic

#1 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

So the first couple of posts fo this game are to be more registration orientated, you know the drill.
I want level one characters, using PHB races and classes. Don't give yourself any equipment yet, nor any money.
Go to RPGTonight.com to do this- using the game I've created there, and using their character creation program.
I will not accept anything else, I want this done standard. I'm making the sheet now, and if you have any questions, ask.
Once your character has been made, I want you to post his name and a bit of a background here. Make it as long or short as you like, but just something so I can narrate for them when needed.

Now, the way RPGTonight works is somewhat similar to ODAM, but also somewhat different. I, as the DM, can set up locked rollers and things like that- there is also very nice mapping software. Now, do pay attention to your map each and every time you log into the game server, as it will be changing fairly often.
The other thing is the locked rollers. I can lock the dicerollers on the server so that you can make ONE roll, and then nothing more.
No, what this means is that whenever we're not all playing the game at the same time, ie its like the middle of the day, if we left off in the middle of something, and its YOUR turn in game, you may make a roll if a roll is needed.
Also, for all rolls, post your result here along with what you rolled it for.
Apart from that, there really isn't too much to worry about.
Don't worry about the abundance of buttons on the RPGTonight game screen, the majority of them, dont even worry about.
I'll be NPCing a character for awhile as well, so you can also see the posting format of sorts that I want you all to follow.
Also, and lastly, I know that RPGTonight allows rerolls- don't do it. If I find that any of you have been duping rolls, and yes, I can be privy to the roll counters on the site, I will permeantly put a one-roll-lock on the roller so that you can make only one roll at a time, and then have me reset the roller- that means a battle could take days. Don't ruin the game for the, ahem, players who haven't gotten nearly as much game experience because you messed up. I want this to be a fun, straightforward game.

'Part from that, I wish you all luck.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

I am probably going to be totally lost, but I'll give it my best shot. Have mercy on my character Nate!!! :err:
And - thanks for getting this up and running! :dance:
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#3 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

Ive been a D&D fan since i was a little kid thanx for the link!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users