The great value to what Chris is suggesting is that it represents a great way of getting material from people who are making things to people who appreciate what they are doing. This has GOT to encourage all sides of the community - whilst it will always be a second-best choice behind a professional production, it will serve to keep the storyline alive and fresh, on the other hand it will encourage fan producers to keep going, to improve and strive for more and, as AT is suggesting, get new blood to start up their own projects.
Imagine if we could get a fan group who uses green or blue screen to talk about how an Enterprise fan film could be made on the cheap? pretty much a quick tutorial without them going to whole nine yards we could even suggest a few standard home cameras to use and programs like iMovie 09 on the Mac etc
Just as a framework, how would you set something like this up?
- Video playable on NTSC/PAL player, TV & sound system
- Graphics viewable on NTSC/PAL player, TV & sound system
- Audio playable on NTSC/PAL player, TV & sound system
- E Published material (books etc) playable on computer, downloadable for eBook readers
- Graphics & Audio playable on computer, audio downloadable to mp3 players
By the way, I like your CD label!