SAVE ENTERPRISE DVD free sampler

29 replies to this topic

#21 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

Imagine if we could get a fan group who uses green or blue screen to talk about how an Enterprise fan film could be made on the cheap? pretty much a quick tutorial without them going to whole nine yards we could even suggest a few standard home cameras to use and programs like iMovie 09 on the Mac etc

The great value to what Chris is suggesting is that it represents a great way of getting material from people who are making things to people who appreciate what they are doing. This has GOT to encourage all sides of the community - whilst it will always be a second-best choice behind a professional production, it will serve to keep the storyline alive and fresh, on the other hand it will encourage fan producers to keep going, to improve and strive for more and, as AT is suggesting, get new blood to start up their own projects.

Just as a framework, how would you set something like this up?
  • Video playable on NTSC/PAL player, TV & sound system
  • Graphics viewable on NTSC/PAL player, TV & sound system
  • Audio playable on NTSC/PAL player, TV & sound system
  • E Published material (books etc) playable on computer, downloadable for eBook readers
  • Graphics & Audio playable on computer, audio downloadable to mp3 players
For those who have crappy computer systems like mine or are on slow internet connections this would be liberating, making it possible to have friends around to have an Enterprise night watching these on your family's surround sound home theatre setup! All tied together with Chris' Save Enterprise interface!

By the way, I like your CD label!

Cheers

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#22 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

I just got an Save Enterprise disc in the mail, i tell you it looks absolutely fabulous for starters it is bright and the Phoenix and everything just stands out

#23 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Kirok, I'm thinking it's probably better if NTSC 525 format is used... so only one standard torrent is needed. I have mastered some videos in that but only sent PAL 625 your way this far. That's the unlevel playing field of standard definition TV formats. Whereas DVD players in Australia, Europe and the UK can handle dual systems... I don't think US and Canadian ones have a PAL decoder. I'm not sure, so maybe it's better to standardise. I'll ask you to try one of those out, in a few weeks. They seem to work on my JVC and Sony models connected to a British TV, also in a PC disc drive.

Cheers, AT. I'm working on including a set of those DVD labels for inclusion on the next one. I've had to lay them out as an A4 jpeg, based on the positioning in these. I've no way to create my own PDF, so I'm afraid this may have to do. A draft print seems to be successful and their placement fits the sheets I have available.

Hopefully you're not being too high with your expectations of interactivety, Kirok. My ability is mainly in editing and some authoring. So basically video that launches itself in a player and some windows folders to explore on a PC, as added material. That's where other fan projects (audio/video/photographic or weblinks) can be included... You'll see anyway, whenever my earlier attempt arrives.

#24 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

I just made a conversion of your .jpg to .pdf; first time I'm doing this, so I don't even know if it's the proper size. Sorry I had to upload to Rapidshare as I don't seem to be able to attach files here.

http://rapidshare.co...sedvdlabels.pdf

By the way Christopher, if you've got a minute please check out the YouTube link here in my forum signature, it's a 40 seconds very amateur and hand-made video I made for my own save-ENT campaign; if you think it qualifies to be included in your DVD, let me know, I've got the original file here (better quality than YouTube).

Edited by John Doe, 21 April 2009 - 03:48 PM.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#25 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

I appreciate the effort John Doe, but it took hours of trial and error, to get the position of those labels right. It can't just be transplanted to PDF, without knowing the scale involved.

If there's any space left over, I'll be happy to include your video message. Just PM me with a link and I'll download it.

#26 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

Chris, you are correct - the vast majority of North American DVD players only support NTSC. There's very little PAL support over here.

Posted Image

#27 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

You know, I'm really starting to love this idea. I've sometimes thought it would be nice to able to get a DVD with stuff like the S5 credits or the direct-to-DVD trailer so I could watch them on my TV (I don't like watching things on the computer). Add fan productions to that, we could get something very interesting. I don't know if timing will work out, but if we finish it in time, I'd love to able to get the first episode of DRWA included.

Another suggestion: maybe contact Pheon about his animated S5. I don't know how his work is going, but if he has a trailer or something, that could be included.

#28 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Chris, I just sent you a PM about your latest disc, but my computer glitched, and I'm not sure it sent. Let me know if you got it.

#29 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

Chris, I just sent you a PM about your latest disc, but my computer glitched, and I'm not sure it sent. Let me know if you got it.

No sign of it, I'm afraid. My computer gets like that. You spend several minutes (or hours) typing out your thoughts and only think about a 'cut & paste', when it becomes clear you've lost the whole piece. :censored:

#30 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

I'll try again. It wasn't a long message, thankfully.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users