Photo

"THIRTEEN" FORWARD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#961 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

phloxing prom....
I wish I could go this year.
Instead, I is hanging out with clark. Which, actually, is way better.

But see, last year?
I went with TWO friggin dates.
Heh. Needless to say, the afterparty was interesting. I got at the age of 17 what most guys never, ever get in their lives- the horror of having two girls pissed at him, on the same date, on the same night, for the same friggin reason: zero booze. Only my tiny little flask, which was empty in only a single pass around.
*sigh*
Least the, ahem, other things made up for it.

PS, now I'm stuck at my dilema again, to go with laptop or desktop.
><!!!!!
I want the supreme power to price ratio that you get with a desktop, but laptops are so...laptoppity...

#962 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

phloxing prom....
I wish I could go this year.
Instead, I is hanging out with clark. Which, actually, is way better.

But see, last year?
I went with TWO friggin dates.
Heh. Needless to say, the afterparty was interesting. I got at the age of 17 what most guys never, ever get in their lives- the horror of having two girls pissed at him, on the same date, on the same night, for the same friggin reason: zero booze. Only my tiny little flask, which was empty in only a single pass around.
*sigh*
Least the, ahem, other things made up for it.

Couldn't you have said my dress was pretty? *cute pouts*

Apparently there wasn't a single afterparty for this prom. Not a one. Makes some very pissed people...
I just ended up sleeping over at a friend's. I've never been to an afterparty anyways.

Edited by frootlooper, 22 April 2009 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#963 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

hey, i'm pretty sure i have that same dress! :angry:

:P
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#964 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

It looks better on you, Mark. And by better, I surely mean OH GOD MY EYES THEY BURN
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#965 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

Wow, that piece sounds like it'd be fantastic. I wish I could try it. The clarinet part sounds tricky. Is it as challenging as it sounds? Or are you just that good? :P

It is fantastic, and it is tricky. But I like tricky. :D And yeah, I'm good. ;) For reference, my senior year I sat 4th chair in All-State (hope you've had the pleasure of auditioning), and now I'm the only non-music major in the CCM Wind Ensemble. 'Cause I'm crazy like that.

I just got a CD back from my OSU honors band concert that was at the end of last January. I loved the songs and the musicianship there. Do you know the piece, Songs from The Louvre? That one was my favorite.

Dudette! OSU Honor Band was always awesome. Are they still sticking you guys in the University Plaza hotel out on Olentangy? But yeah, Songs From The Louvre is awesome - I wish I could have played that at some point (just like I've never gotten to perform the Holst suites).

I just got pictures that my dad took before Prom last weekend. So here's my dress:

Posted Image

Lovin' the dress. :D

Posted Image

#966 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

It actually was very pretty Frootloop, but you see, I'm a man.
Last year for prom, most of the people did their own thing.
Usually, a group of seniors, usually the couples that have been dating the longest, buy a few hotel rooms, go swimming, get super smashed, and end up taking turns for, eheh, bunk-booty calls. You get an hour in the room with your honey, and then you let the next ones take a romp on the other bed.

EDIT:
Uhoh, just heard the tones. Looks like I'm off to the station. Got a confirmed structure fire out in the boonies.

Edited by fastillion, 22 April 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#967 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

It looks better on you, Mark. And by better, I surely mean OH GOD MY EYES THEY BURN

*grumble* last time I buy off the rack...
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#968 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

It is fantastic, and it is tricky. But I like tricky. :D And yeah, I'm good. ;) For reference, my senior year I sat 4th chair in All-State (hope you've had the pleasure of auditioning), and now I'm the only non-music major in the CCM Wind Ensemble. 'Cause I'm crazy like that.

That's fricking sweet! I think I know which band you mean by All-State and no, I haven't been able to audition for it. In the past years, I don't think I was good enough. This year, I think I am, but the auditions are right in the middle of AP week, so I decided to not to attempt to take four APs, run the spring musical four times, and do an audtion inside of two weeks... that'd be just madness. With my finger, I wouldn't be able to practice for it anyways. However, I am considering auditioning for the Columbus Youth Symphony Orchestra. That audition is later in May, so I may be able to play in time.

Dudette! OSU Honor Band was always awesome. Are they still sticking you guys in the University Plaza hotel out on Olentangy? But yeah, Songs From The Louvre is awesome - I wish I could have played that at some point (just like I've never gotten to perform the Holst suites).

Yep, I think that's the hotel.
We played the Holst Suites too. That band is the best band I've ever played in... :wub:
Lol.

Lovin' the dress. :D

Thanks. :)

It actually was very pretty Frootloop, but you see, I'm a man.
Last year for prom, most of the people did their own thing.
Usually, a group of seniors, usually the couples that have been dating the longest, buy a few hotel rooms, go swimming, get super smashed, and end up taking turns for, eheh, bunk-booty calls. You get an hour in the room with your honey, and then you let the next ones take a romp on the other bed.

EDIT:
Uhoh, just heard the tones. Looks like I'm off to the station. Got a confirmed structure fire out in the boonies.

I go with seniors... I was in a group of fifteen this time. Everyone was a senior except for me and one other girl.
As far as I know, the afterparties we have tend to be at people's houses... no one wants to pay for a hotel. Last year there was one down my street that the school found out about... the girl who hosted it couldn't come back the next year.

Posted Image

#969 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

That's fricking sweet! I think I know which band you mean by All-State and no, I haven't been able to audition for it. In the past years, I don't think I was good enough. This year, I think I am, but the auditions are right in the middle of AP week, so I decided to not to attempt to take four APs, run the spring musical four times, and do an audtion inside of two weeks... that'd be just madness. With my finger, I wouldn't be able to practice for it anyways. However, I am considering auditioning for the Columbus Youth Symphony Orchestra. That audition is later in May, so I may be able to play in time.

All-State is part of the OMEA conference, which was back in December. Initial auditions are submitted on tape and once you're accepted (they assign you a part), you go and audition for seating the weekend of OMEA. You might (if I remember the time table correctly) be thinking of the district honors band, but I honestly can't remember for sure.

You should definitely audition for CYSO. I'd also audition for CYSB (Band, not Orchestra), it's - in my not so humble opinion - much more fun. Plus Barry Kopetz (director at Capital University) is friggin' awesome.

We played the Holst Suites too. That band is the best band I've ever played in... :wub:

:argh: WANT TO PLAY!

Posted Image

#970 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Oh tits.
Get tot he station only to find out that they were having a meeting when they got paged, so every truck was pulled out already, and its only a 4 minutes drive.
What the phlox...><
I considered hauling some serious ass after them in my first-response truck with code 3, but decided not to push it.

#971 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Just watched the Caprica pilot. It was way, way different from BSG, but still completely awesome. :D

Thank you...and red shirt? Wait, in the OST the red shirts always died or got the shaft...except Scotty... :blink:

Same deal with ours. We have a cloning tank in the back. Every time YER (Young Ensign Redshirt) screws up and kicks it (which is often), we just get a new one.

Although for this bar, we have Will Riker filling in. Our bar tender, terilynn, kinda has a thing for beards. ;)

And I ordered a Raktajino...still waitin' for it.

Oh, sorry about that. The aforementioned barmistress is away, so things might not be as good as they could be here.

I just got pictures that my dad took before Prom last weekend. So here's my dress:

Nice dress, Frooty. :)

#972 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

All-State is part of the OMEA conference, which was back in December. Initial auditions are submitted on tape and once you're accepted (they assign you a part), you go and audition for seating the weekend of OMEA. You might (if I remember the time table correctly) be thinking of the district honors band, but I honestly can't remember for sure.

You should definitely audition for CYSO. I'd also audition for CYSB (Band, not Orchestra), it's - in my not so humble opinion - much more fun. Plus Barry Kopetz (director at Capital University) is friggin' awesome.

:argh: WANT TO PLAY!

Yeah... I don't remember. Musta been something else then. *shrug*
And now that you mention there being a band version of CYSO... maybe that's what I was thinking of auditioning for...? I don't know. It would help if my brochures were with me and not in my locker. Oh well. All I know right now is that I'm tired. It's past ten at night. I've been up since four in the morning and I haven't done anything homework or studying. Three tests tomorrow... all in a row too. :( Anyways, sleep monster is attacking. I'm gonna crash now. Byes.

Nice dress, Frooty. :)

Thank you. :D

Posted Image

#973 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'm watching that new Pitchman show.
OMG. Billy Mays = AWESOME!!!!!
Like for real, he's prolly one of my favorite people in the world. He's like the Chuck Norris of pitchmen

#974 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

Yeah... I don't remember. Musta been something else then. *shrug*
And now that you mention there being a band version of CYSO... maybe that's what I was thinking of auditioning for...? I don't know. It would help if my brochures were with me and not in my locker.

http://www.capital.edu/4546/

Posted Image

#975 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

OMG.
First game I'm buying with my new computer?
Silent Hunter 4.
If I thought 3 was good, I'll love 4.
Check out the intro movie to it.

PS, which poet is that? I've heard it before, but I cant remember where....

#976 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

I hope this isn't too presumptuous, but since TL's away, I went ahead and started the next bar. Since there were no other strong contenders as far as ideas go, I went and did my fantasy idea.

#977 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

I would've been a contender, but I had nothing for a title.
But I will be taking Bar 19, and if anybody has any qualms, you'll meet get a royal e-tongue lashing from me and meet the rather blunt end of my e-rage.
I think Melvin can agree with me on what Bar 19 shall be too.
And Clark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users