• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#21 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

I don't think I shall tell. Besides, complaining to people never works. It comes out wrong and ends up sounding childish (unless, you know, it's actually pretty serious).
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#22 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

Well - Mom was diagnosed with a pretty awful form of cancer...(pancreatic) and being in the med business for as long as I have I know what that means...She had one surgical procedure today, she'll have another one on Monday...and then she's going to meet with the oncologist to see what, if any, treatment she's a candidate for.

She wasn't feeling well last week and jaundice set in pretty quick...so I knew something bad was up several days ago...

So yeah - I'm more than just bumming. Feeling rather helpless, that's all. This is one thing I know I can't "fix" and what I need to do is deal with it as it comes, but take joy in having her in my life for as long as she can stay around.

Glad this place is here - just to keep my mind occupado - keep me laughing...because I can tell you all, I do love to laugh.. :)

#23 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Well - Mom was diagnosed with a pretty awful form of cancer...(pancreatic) and being in the med business for as long as I have I know what that means...She had one surgical procedure today, she'll have another one on Monday...and then she's going to meet with the oncologist to see what, if any, treatment she's a candidate for.

She wasn't feeling well last week and jaundice set in pretty quick...so I knew something bad was up several days ago...

So yeah - I'm more than just bumming. Feeling rather helpless, that's all. This is one thing I know I can't "fix" and what I need to do is deal with it as it comes, but take joy in having her in my life for as long as she can stay around.

I don't really have anything useful to say, so I'll just leave it to the emoticon: :hugs:

#24 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

I don't really have anything useful to say, so I'll just leave it to the emoticon: :hugs:

And I'll take em 'ee! Thanks! :)

*terilynn strolls behind the bar and ladles out some Chicken Soup that Riker made*

It just sounded good.

#25 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I don't know what to say. As I told a friend who is going through something similar, I really have no experience with this kind of pain, so all I can offer is an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. :( :hug:

Posted Image

#26 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Thanks CH...trust me - when I need it, I'll call for it! I'm never ashamed to cry on friends' shoulders! But what I really like knowing is that this place is here...just to hang and have fun at - talk Trek and gripe about stuff - to hopefully get inspired to write some - and you know...just be.

I have a phenomenal support system - of which TU is a part. :) Thankies!

#27 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, see? My stuff's got nothing on cancer. It's still bad, but it's not cancer bad.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#28 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

Glad this place is here - just to keep my mind occupado - keep me laughing...because I can tell you all, I do love to laugh.. :)

:hug: for TL.

On the subject of bad news, someone I knew died last week of cancer. He was 28. :(

Edited by Elf, 28 March 2009 - 06:34 AM.

"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#29 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

I don't know what to say. As I told a friend who is going through something similar, I really have no experience with this kind of pain, so all I can offer is an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. :( :hug:

I want to take back what I said and replace it with what he said, cause it's much better.

On the subject of bad news, someone I knew died last week of cancer. He was 28. :(

:(

We need Krunch to show up or something. This is turning into kind of a depressing thread.

#30 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

* Raptor popping in *
* Hugs Teri *

#31 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

And now Europe will experience the new summer time : 2 AM will become 3 AM.

#32 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

*sits in comfy chair and settles in with a bag of mini marshmallows and a physics assignment*
Seventy multiple choice questions, most of which I don't have any clue how to do, and thirty six hours to do them in. Why do I do this to myself... I had two whole weeks to start with. :nonono:

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#33 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Always nice to see you Frooty.

#34 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hey, Raptor. Want some marshmallows?

Posted Image

#35 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

*sits in comfy chair and settles in with a bag of mini marshmallows and a physics assignment*
Seventy multiple choice questions, most of which I don't have any clue how to do, and thirty six hours to do them in. Why do I do this to myself... I had two whole weeks to start with. :nonono:

C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
:P

Posted Image

#36 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

You mean these guys ?
Yes I do...

Posted Image
Afmetingen van deze weergave: 800 × 531 pixels
Volledige resolutie‎ (2.240 × 1.488 pixels, bestandsgrootte: 1,52 MB, MIME-type: image/jpeg)

#37 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
:P

Yeah... I'd do that if I didn't actually have to learn this stuff. Lol. :P

You mean these guys ?
Yes I do...

Posted Image
Afmetingen van deze weergave: 800 × 531 pixels
Volledige resolutie‎ (2.240 × 1.488 pixels, bestandsgrootte: 1,52 MB, MIME-type: image/jpeg)

Well, the one's I have are mini... which just means they're smaller so you can shove more in your mouth. :)

Posted Image

#38 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

Some people seem to barbecue them sometimes...

#39 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

Marshmallows? :huh:

Posted Image

#40 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

Now I want s'mores.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users