The Newsmen

62 replies to this topic

#41 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

This may not be the right place for this, but this has to be the funniest VW ad I have ever seen :clap:
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#42 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

Conservative right to the GOP: Moderates need not apply.

Looks like someone just set a torch to the GOP's big tent. This just reaally saddens me, because moderate voices have always served to balance both the political parties. Wingnuts driving them out simply splits moderate loyalties between the Democrats and a potential third party, which causes a brain drain that just really messes with the whole ying and yang thing we have going with the bipartisan system.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#43 Captain_THC

Captain_THC

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

"A cynical manipulation of Americans legitimate fears."

lol... Posted Image Thanks for this link Poko, you made my day!
http://video.google....205277695921912#
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
http://www.youtube.c...7mA&feature=fvw

"Enough so that if Shakespeare's line about killing all the lawyers came to pass the halls of Washington would have only cockroaches and lobbyists, which would probably interbreed." by Sevnson_71

#44 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

http://www.theonion....ised_from_grave
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#45 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Obama fleshes out Afghan strategy in West Point speech
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#46 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:13 AM

Obama fleshes out Afghan strategy in West Point speech

wrong thread sevnson. :P This is not an obama thread this is a thread for discussing political commentators.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#47 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:14 AM

I found the transcript in a blog, not the wire services who only had snippits, discuss that. Also I didn't feel like dumpster diving at that hour :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#48 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:28 AM

I found the transcript in a blog, not the wire services who only had snippits, discuss that. Also I didn't feel like dumpster diving at that hour :P

Talk about some random blogger I've never heard of? No thanks. :P I wouldn't have brought up your off-topic-ness if it hadn't been a 3 post trend. Articles on Obama, Zombie Regan, and the extremist trend of the GOP, those are all about politicians not newsmen.

Anyway, back on topic, Gretchen Carlson isn't as dumb as her performance suggests. I could never respect myself playing dumb like that.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#49 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Been cruising around on Youtube and found this clip from one of the funniest shows ever on television. Who says GW Bush wasn't carrying some of his father's Baggage
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#50 Hal

Hal

Asst. Groups Co-Ord - GEAUX TIGERS

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

Very interesting: http://www.calthomas...x.php?news=2810
"But I firmly believe that in any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - VICTORIOUS." Vince Lombardi

Geaux Tigers!
WHO DAT TALKIN' 'BOUT BEATEN DEM SAINTS

#51 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Interesting one Hal. I never have thought we alone were responsible for the erratic changes in our climate. There is archeological evidence in the Carribean proving ocean levels in ancient times were lower, which means more ice at the caps. There is also a correlation even in my own casual observation that if a volcano burps, our weather sucks six months later. This stuff is all cyclical. I won't say that some things we have done in our age have helped either though. The sooner humanity realizes we are merely a cog and not a lynch pin, the better as far as I'm concerned. But at the same time we need to clean up better after ourselves and be stewards, there is no need for our grandkids to sit atop our mounds of garbage. As far as developing clean fuel tech, or at least more options, I agree with it based upon the fact we are pretty high maintenence. We use a LOT compared to other species. That isn't going to taper off any time soon, so there's no harm in opening new doors. We will use the petrol for other things, nobody will go hungry if we start driving HFC vehicles and using the largest wind corridor on the planet for power. On the bright side kids in LA might be able to see a blue sky for once. :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#52 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

Stewart gives commentary on Keith Olbermann's recent name calling

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#53 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

During my morning commute they were interviewing the Authors of a new book called: The Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution that Will Begin the World Again (what a concise title. This is what a good editor is for) Anyway they said some interesting things about the source of our news and saving journalism for the future. According to them, studies have shown that something like 80% of national news stories originate in traditional media (papers and radio) and the stories are then picked up by the tv news. You can check out the interview here.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#54 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oyPR7bNekc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url]

More than a grain of truth there...unfortunately <_<
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#55 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

Sevnson you still don't get the point of this thread do you? :P

Pretty sure that was in no way about newspapers, media mogals, 24 hour news networks or anything of the sort.

Which is a shame because your post deserves it's own topic. Political corruption etc.

Edited by poko, 21 February 2010 - 04:47 PM.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#56 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Nope/ IR teh dumb :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#57 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

The Daily Show takes a note from Jimmy Kimmel and does an entire episode in Glen Beck format.

http://www.thedailys...2010-gary-locke

(I miss Hulu)

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#58 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

mmmm NBC/Universal is teh lame....
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#59 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

The "New Democrats" logo
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z2TDgRvegwY
Looks like it was done by the people who made the Dunkin Donuts logo. Do we get coffee with that change?

and not to be outdone the GOP with their "Promise/Contract with America".
http://www.thedailys...s=synd_facebook
So much style...so little substance <_<
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#60 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

http://www.indecisio...f-george-soros/

Hilarious.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users