• This topic is locked This topic is locked
997 replies to this topic

#21 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

I'm fairly sure no one has ever actually spoken like that.

Upper peninsula of Michigan... and boy howdy, do they!

They also believe Old Milwaukie and Pabst Blue Ribbon constitute good beer. :blink:
Posted Image

#22 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

Don't trust the movie Fargo when it comes to Minnesotan accents.

Edited by Apocalypse, 10 February 2009 - 12:28 PM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#23 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:30 PM

Don't trust the movie Fargo when it comes to Minnesotan accents.

I've been there, I've heard it with my own ears. My wife's kin... heh. Yuupers. :lol:
Posted Image

#24 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

A historical moment is approaching.
Tomorrow, 11th of february, TU exists 4 years.
Raptor will also be member for 4 years. He already joined the previous website www.saveenterprise.com in september 2004.
And Raptor approaches his 1000the post. The first 3 years he did roughly 100 posts. Then Teri woke him out of his sleep and he posted 900 times during the last 7 months.

#25 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

I've been there, I've heard it with my own ears. My wife's kin... heh. Yuupers. :lol:

The UP? Heck yeah they talk like that. Some of my fam still lives up there. Nothing funnier than hearing a Yuuper say the words "Fort Michillimackinac? Ohhhh noooo, that there's down on the lower pen don'tcha know?"

#26 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

I live in MN and I have never ever heard anyone with an accent like that. And I've been all over the twin cities, Southern MN, and up near Duluth. Not like Canadians, who actually do say "eh," but not with as much frequency as I'd hoped.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#27 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

*beamed coordinates off a bit - Barbara materializes in the middle of a Klingon brawl. She ducks and runs toward what appears to be a staircase downward. A large arm grabs her left leg as she makes her way to the top of the stairs. All hippyisms disappear. She lets out an earpiercing scream which stops every alien being in their soiled boots. The trader releases her quickly, not willing to engage the starring crowd. Barbara falls head first down the flight of worn wooded stairs. Though bruised and scared, she realizes she's made her escape and is safe once again*

*brushes self off* Hi EE!! Whoa, what a beginning. Let me catch my breath. Yuck! There's ooze on my pant leg. YER can you clean this off please. It ---- stinks.

I do! Very much...

Look what a friend at the OS made for me...*grins*

Posted Image

Terilynn!!!! You have nice friends!!!! LOVE PICTURE - it is soooooooo YOU!

I heard a rumor that there was an ice fishing accident of epic proportions ups there...

In OH!! Really scary. One guy died. Not a good scene. Reminds me of ---- upstairs.

@Apoco - missed you yesterday. We had a great time!!! I'm getting the hang of this. Weeeeee.

I think I need coffee. Cream and splenda please. Oh, and maybe some toast. I'm still a little shaken from the landing.....

Raptor will also be member for 4 years. He already joined the previous website www.saveenterprise.com in september 2004.
And Raptor approaches his 1000the post. The first 3 years he did roughly 100 posts. Then Teri woke him out of his sleep and he posted 900 times during the last 7 months.

Wow Raptor! That's pretty cool. I think I'm approaching 3,000 and my one year is probably in May. I should have looked before I posted this. Oh well.... being lazy counts for something, I think.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#28 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Coffee and dry toasty for our Barbara!

#29 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

@Apoco - missed you yesterday. We had a great time!!! I'm getting the hang of this. Weeeeee.

D&D? Sorry I missed it, but I needed sleep after being awake for 20 hours. I kinda need to do D&D soon so we need to do my dungeon before I go around LARPing (that's live action roleplaying, for you uninitiated - a bunch of guys with fakes swords swinging them at each other and hurling objects which are spells).
LARPing is genuinely looked down on by D&D players... but only jokingly. LARPing can actually get pretty awesome if you have a bunch of like-minded individuals with the resources to make it look good.
-The Tick

#30 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

Coffee and dry toasty for our Barbara!

Thanks TL *picks up cup and notices her hands are still shaking*
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#31 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

I'm hungry... 15 minutes to lunch and I finish the day with an hour and twenty of German. Good end of the day, in my opinion. Then we should play some D&D!!!
And if not, I can always hop on GTA IV and do whatever it is Niko Bellic does on a Tuesday afternoon.

Edited by Apocalypse, 10 February 2009 - 12:57 PM.

-The Tick

#32 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

I think I need some nanoprobes to fix my head. I think there is an alien in there...eating my brain.

We have had the 8 yr old in therapy for 3 years. He is having biofeedback sessions to try to "center" him. He is a pain in the ass. Cute as a button and smart as a whip. Tests in the "exceptional" category...even though he is advanced a grade level. He does need an outlet and gymnastics has been the best, but they don't offer boys gymnastics through the town and the private places are out of reach. He got himself thrown out of Karate. He was kissing himself in the mirrors.

See I think that there is one in mine too. Those aliens get around dont they? :fear:
How can one get thrown out for kissing the mirrors.. Its not like he decked someone :blink: people are odd.

I feel like ranting about it, but I don't feel like it at the same time. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows I have no hope left for the future of mankind... <_<

:hug: that is just sad.
Or good as we all can prove we do have a future and will not be able to let you down as your expectations of humanity are way way low.

They were on the edge of becoming a mass Darwin award. Part of me thinks that they should have just let them drown...134 less breeding idiots.

I think they have to have that award. Even as they did survive.

This will be a short pillow fight.

Ah, Mlaz is helping closing shop. The Dutch are always there if you need them.

you all where doing fine and did not need any help from me.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#33 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

*trekkin' wakes up on the couch*

Woah...how did I?? AAhhh CYLONS!!

Holy CRAP!! EE!! You scared the bejesus out of me. I must have passed out here and been transported with all the other stuff. I have NyQuil head. My brain feels like has been freeze dried.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#34 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

*trekkin' wakes up on the couch*

Woah...how did I?? AAhhh CYLONS!!

Holy CRAP!! EE!! You scared the bejesus out of me. I must have passed out here and been transported with all the other stuff. I have NyQuil head. My brain feels like has been freeze dried.

There's something to be said for that feeling trekkin'...

BTW - The Cylons? I like em'...they actually scare the Orions...

Edited by Terilynn, 10 February 2009 - 01:36 PM.

#35 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

I live in MN and I have never ever heard anyone with an accent like that. And I've been all over the twin cities, Southern MN, and up near Duluth. Not like Canadians, who actually do say "eh," but not with as much frequency as I'd hoped.

That we do, eh? Although I've never encountered any of the other linguistic quirks sometimes attributed to us.

Gosh. I feel old all of a sudden.

BTW - The Cylons? I like em'...they actually scare the Orions...

Nothing really says "Don't mess with me" like a pair of sleek, seven-foot killing machines with scalpels for fingers and machine guns in their forearms.

#36 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

Nothing really says "Don't mess with me" like a pair of sleek, seven-foot killing machines with scalpels for fingers and machine guns in their forearms.

They match my boots too. :)

#37 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Terilynn's boots. They were created by man. There are many copies. And they have a plan. :ph34r:
Posted Image

#38 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

Terilynn's boots. They were created by man. There are many copies. And they have a plan. :ph34r:

*giggle*

It's a goooood plan... no worries. Really. ;) :naughty3dg:

#39 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

*giggle*

It's a goooood plan... no worries. Really. ;) :naughty3dg:

That's what they always say. <_<

Posted Image

#40 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

:roflmao:

they do they do Posted Image
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users