• This topic is locked This topic is locked
997 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

A dark shape drifts through the void of space, illuminated only by the glow of its nacelles. Communications arrays and less familiar devices stud its hull like spikes.

From out of the darkness, a dark spear, a viper, glides in to dock with the Orion merchant ship. The airlock opens, and Edwards steps onto the station, accompanied by Young Ensign Redshirt, who still looks green from the flight. They walk down a corridor and arrive at a large, crowded mezzanine filled with shouting and strange scents. Merchants of all descriptions sell bizarre foods and pleasures too numerous and exotic to name. Burly, aggressive Orion guards elbow their way through the crowds, ready to pounce on any they see as potential trouble. In one corner, a fierce brawl has broken out between a Klingon and a drunk Orion.

Watch yourself, YER. They make their way through the crowd, Edwards keeping his hand on his pistol and YER looking about nervously. At last, they make it to the far end of the throng and descend a short flight of stairs into a much smaller and quieter room.

Here, familiar sights greet them. The captains' mementos sit in a slightly smudged glass display case along one wall, and across from it, a small stage has been set up, complete with Riker's trombone and a number of more exotic instruments. The juke box, Pink R2D2, the death ray, and all the other familiar items of past Ten Forwards are arrayed around the space. Like the bazaar above, the bar is rough and dark, but here it seems more cozy and lived-in than hostile.

Edwards goes to stand behind the bar, knowing he cannot hope to fill TL's shoes, but planning to do his best until she returns.

Still, it seems the new temporary proprietor failed to resist adding his own touch to the place. Two seven-foot tall guardians of polished metal, gifts from his Cylon friends, stand at the entrance, their cyclopean red eyes whirring, their guns and talons ready to stop any of the rowdier folk from upstairs from entering uninvited, and a tall shield, painted brass and crimson and decorated with images of hawks, hangs behind the bar, a souvenir of the Blood Elf people.

YER activates the transwarptational thingamajig so that others will not have to endure the gauntlet of the bazaar, the jukebox plays welcoming music, and Edwards awaits the first patrons.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

* Materializes and blinks at the unexpected surroundings. He stoops to let Lar’ragos out of the lock-box. He lets the El Aurian forge a path through the surly crowd and follows behind until he can reach the jukebox. Once there he calls up Katy Perry’s Hot n’ Cold, ‘cause he’s got a thing for bad girls *

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yY3CehyfUko

Evening all. * Glances out nearest viewport * Well, it ain't Romulus, but the ale's flowing! :devil2:
Posted Image

#3 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

I got home yesterday and slept until I woke up this morning for school. Got up at 3:00 and then decided I was just gonna sleep til 6. So forgive me if I just stare into space over here.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#4 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

AWESOME!!!!!

Oh, I'm gonna love this place. *adjusts her new bootz*

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

Glad you approve, TL.

#6 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

I do! Very much...

Look what a friend at the OS made for me...*grins*

Posted Image

#7 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

So how's it going, Ter? Been a while since I chatted with anyone here aside from the MN guys and Barbara.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#8 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

HI Apoco! I'm recovering from my drive. 6 hours to get there on Sunday and 5 to get home last night. Luckily the weather stayed clear for me.

#9 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

Speaking of weather, it rained yesterday. In the middle of February. We should be getting snow, not rain. The temp is well above freezing here.
-The Tick

#10 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

I heard a rumor that there was an ice fishing accident of epic proportions ups there...

#11 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Haven't heard anything about it. But then again, I don't really follow the news.
-The Tick

#12 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Haven't heard anything about it. But then again, I don't really follow the news.

Wha?! If you don't follow the news, how do you know who's been recently shot, or robbed, or lost their job, or been mauled by dogs?

There's a world of bloody, bloody news out there that you're missing! C'mon, it's like rubbernecking past a car wreck, you know you want to! :lol:
Posted Image

#13 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

But then I have to sift through all the lame things like elections and stimulus packages... :P
-The Tick

#14 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

I'll go see if the rumor was true *off to google*

Oh look - it was in Ohio....I thought it was MN - (See what rumors do - they screw up the facts man...)

http://www.google.co...GfIClgD968AMNG0

Edited by Terilynn, 10 February 2009 - 11:56 AM.

#15 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

But then I have to sift through all the lame things like elections and stimulus packages... :P

* Weighs the words 'stimulus' and 'package' in either hand before deciding, "No... way too easy." :D
Posted Image

#16 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

* Weighs the words 'stimulus' and 'package' in either hand before deciding, "No... way too easy." :D

Smart move. :) :lol:

#17 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

Yes, I know, it's been done before... I think everyone knows mentioning a "stimulus package" is like stepping into a minefield. :lol:

As for those fishermen... how stupid can you be? I feel like ranting about it, but I don't feel like it at the same time. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows I have no hope left for the future of mankind... <_<

Edited by Apocalypse, 10 February 2009 - 12:03 PM.

-The Tick

#18 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

They were on the edge of becoming a mass Darwin award. Part of me thinks that they should have just let them drown...134 less breeding idiots.

#19 Gibraltar

Gibraltar

Commander

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

They were on the edge of becoming a mass Darwin award. Part of me thinks that they should have just let them drown...134 less breeding idiots.

No, no, the ASPOSP would have got all up in arms about it, and that doesn't lead to anything good, I'll tell ya right now, dontchaknow? Youbetcha!

Must... stop... with the... Yuuper-speak!
Posted Image

#20 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

I'm fairly sure no one has ever actually spoken like that.
-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users