Love LCARS?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Johannessen

Johannessen

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

This is a great project from a college guy named Raymond who's programming all this by himself, plus going to college!

It's a "Shell replacement", actually just an overlay of the windows interface, but works, looks and functions nicely. Raymond say's it's only about 15-20% done, but I've been using it on and off for a while now and have to admit it's stable and fun to use.

Check it out here.

I also forgot to mention, it's got voice activiation. :D

**Edit**

Sorry to the mods, not sure where I should have placed this.

Edited by Johannessen, 30 January 2009 - 12:56 PM.

Lover of all things Trek!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hmm, nice. Thanks Johannsen. I used to have something like this, but it was absolute crap. I like what I see here though.
Hopefully he'll stick with the project, a fully devoloped LCARS program shell would make my life complete. Lol

#3 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

It does look good. will their be customisable versions for use on fanfilms with physical sets?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dark Frontier Production Advisor
Unofficial Star Trek: Protector Production Advisor
Starship Excelsior Promotional Graphics
Star Trek Requirius Production Advisor and Graphic Designer
Trek fan fiction writer: Welcome to Romulus and Temporal Cold War Factions.

#4 Johannessen

Johannessen

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

You'll have to ask Raymond the designer/programmer about that.
Lover of all things Trek!

#5 Schplee

Schplee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hi there

I thought I'd post a couple of screenshots from the last incremential build. My webhost is being a little freaky at the mo but the pics should be up most of the time. If not then check back later when the traffic has subsided...

Posted Image

The Start Menu and default Desktop

Posted Image

Browsing the Net with FireFox.

Posted Image

The bundled photo viewer

Posted Image

Running GIMP. Note the purple Program Access buttons

It's actually pretty useable and stable as a Shell in this present incarnation. This build has no voice control but I'm using a free third party app called 'Tazti' which pretty much gives me full voice control including voice navigation for browsing.

For movie work I'd say go with custom Flash displays though. It dosn't take long to throw a cueable swf together that does exactly what you want it to from the get-go. If you're tired of Windows and Windowblinds however then take LCARSx32 out for a spin.

#6 Picard1701

Picard1701

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Everywhere on the internet I tried to find people who could help me in the assembly of professionell LCARS Star Trek panels. I got a lot of feedback and I´m very thankful for that. But no one could give me exactly informations about the assembly of Voyager, TNG LCARS panels. It took a lot of time of investigation but now I have the exactly data about the assembly of the original displays. So for that I thought that this was the right time to let go my first own homepage online. It is about my personal hobby "LCARS consoles, displays and terminals". I think LCARS panels are very fascinating. I think that this forum is the right way to make my hobby public. So for that I hope I could find some other people which are also interested in LCARS displays. It is not easy to find people who are interested in that because this hobby is so special. Sorry for my bad english I´m from germany but I hope this is understandable!? If you do not understand please leave a comment. My LCARS homepage is also available in english on:

this is the official LCARS homepage

and here is my official homepage banner:

Posted Image

I hope that somebody strays on my homepage. I´m looking forward for that. I found out for now that it is not easy to get any comment for my homepage...thats a pity. I would be pleased for every comment on my homepage. I would be interested in your meanings of my hobby and my project. Would you also be interested in bying some of this LCARS panels?

In my online shop it is possible to buy LCARS consoles. You should know those conoles from the different Star Trek episodes. My request is to design consoles as athentic as possible.

If somebody is interested in joining my project the person is welcome. Because it is much easier to make this site popular with cooperation partners. Since today there has been no homepage with this top. But I think that this page could be effective.

So for that I would be very pleased if there is somebody who would also use this homepage or somebody who would give me the opportunity to make my products common.

Thanks a lot for reading and ;) Live long and prosper…

Add me as a friend... on facebook name: SpaceProp Shop

#7 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

Wow,i use this programm LCARSX32,me like,but me very like use standart windows interface. I last year i use this programm four month,as trekkie-me like this interface.Very like reboot system,make in style distruct starship,can choice time reboot and pressing button reboot,screen will be red and too will be sound red alert. If you really trekkie,you must installation this programm on you computer.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#8 x32

x32

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

I've been using it for a couple of years now, hence my forum ID.

#9 avaviney

avaviney

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Nice!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users