• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#261 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

Saw it in the theater. It looks like they might actually be doing it properly. :argh:
Posted Image

#262 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

More trailers!

All the mythological stuff sure looks cool. Although I could probably do without the Natalie Portman. But the guy who plays Loki was a good casting choice at least.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#263 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Definitely going to be seeing it in 2D.

I want less token poorly thought-out token romance sideplots in my comic book movies. Are you Peter Parker? Are you Clark Kent? No? Then you don't need a girlfriend. Get off my screen, Natalie Portman.
Posted Image

#264 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Definitely going to be seeing it in 2D.

Of course.

I want less token poorly thought-out token romance sideplots in my comic book movies. Are you Peter Parker? Are you Clark Kent? No? Then you don't need a girlfriend. Get off my screen, Natalie Portman.

I want less token poorly thought-out (wait there's two "tokens" in your sentence) romance sideplots in all of my Hollywood movies, please. If you're going to do it, do it right.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#265 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

Honestly, if the romance isn't one of the serious driving forces behind the plot, the movie doesn't need a romance. And yet, 99 percent of movies have romances in them, whether or not the romance is necessary or well-though-out.
Posted Image

#266 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

Honestly, if the romance isn't one of the serious driving forces behind the plot, the movie doesn't need a romance. And yet, 99 percent of movies have romances in them, whether or not the romance is necessary or well-though-out.

I am the choir, and you are preaching to me.
-The Tick

#267 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

This thread probably doesn't deserve this but I'm putting it here anyway.

Deal with it. :P

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#268 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

I don't get it.
-The Tick

#269 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:13 AM

I don't get it.

Charlie Sheen has been making the news for being extra crazy and doing interviews on every show imaginable where he spouts this stuff like its gospel. Someone decided his rantings made more sense if they came from a person with super powers. [/explanation]

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#270 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

Charlie Sheen has been making the news for being extra crazy and doing interviews on every show imaginable where he spouts this stuff like its gospel. Someone decided his rantings made more sense if they came from a person with super powers. [/explanation]

Oh no, I get it. I just don't get it.
-The Tick

#271 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

Since this is a comic book thread, I thought I'd add a piece of "who cares" trivia. Gene Simmons (KISS bassist) son Nick, has his own comic strip/magazine thing going on. Oh, and he sings. Oh, and he thinks he acts. But his love is comics.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#272 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:22 AM

Yeah you guys are moving the comic book discussion here.

Just to kick things off, DC vs. Marvel. Go.

I think DC is better. But Marvel is good too.

Edited by Commander Lazar, 01 July 2011 - 08:01 AM.

#273 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

I have a lot of DC Star Trek comic books.

Edited by Commander Lazar, 01 July 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#274 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

Discuss:
http://www.toplessro...vely_hungry.php

And are the classic scooby/batman or scooby/adams family episodes awesome?

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#275 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

I dunno.
P.S. I'm getting pretty super excited for Captain America and Thor.
-The Tick

#276 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Supe renounces US Citizenship?! Is nothing sacred?
http://www.comicsall...us-citizenship/
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users