DS9 Core episodes?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Doyle

Doyle

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hi, I have had the first 5 seasons waiting for close to a year to be watched and have just got around to doing so.

I do not really have the time to watch every episode as work and family life just take up a lot of time (As you can guess) so was wondering if a core guide is anywhere.

By core i just mean a list of story line episodes and miss the Solo episodes that ST is normaly full of.

I just finished Babylon 5 so am sort of use to a nice flowing story which so far (Season one episode 13) DS9 is not giving. The first episode if the only one so far with a continuing back story.

I have watched quite a few DS9 shows over the years so am very familiar with the crew and reoccurring members.

Any tips would be great :) So far (For anyone looking for the same thing) i would say you can skip episodes 2-12 of season one :)

Doyle

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

Hmm. How about the first few seasons, based on memory alpha and my bad memory?

I would skip ahead to episode 19 and 20 for season 1. 19 isn't excessively storyline relevent but it's one of the best of the season and deals with the Cardassians vs Bajorans.

The problem with DS9 is there are a lot of episodes that move the plot a little. But I'll do my best to Or move one of the many subplots along. Not like B5 really (Episodes in parenthesis are a bit more plot light.)

Season 2:
1,2,3,5,7,(8),12,(14), 24, (25), 26.
and you should consider watching episode 19 just for fun. :P

Season 3:
1,2,(6),(9),13,14,(15), 20,21,(24),26.
and the just-for-fun for season3 is the 2 parter, episodes 11 and 12.

Season 4:
1,2, 4,(5),(7),11,12,13,14,(17),(22),23,(25),26
Check out 9 and 15 for some Klingon action. :P

Mirror Universe story Arch: 2x23, 3x19, 4x20, 6x08, 7x12

Okay, thats enough ocd for one night. Bye!

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

Hmm. How about the first few seasons, based on memory alpha and my bad memory?

I would skip ahead to episode 19 and 20 for season 1. 19 isn't excessively storyline relevent but it's one of the best of the season and deals with the Cardassians vs Bajorans.

The problem with DS9 is there are a lot of episodes that move the plot a little. But I'll do my best to Or move one of the many subplots along. Not like B5 really (Episodes in parenthesis are a bit more plot light.)

Season 2:
1,2,3,5,7,(8),12,(14), 24, (25), 26.
and you should consider watching episode 19 just for fun. :P

Season 3:
1,2,(6),(9),13,14,(15), 20,21,(24),26.
and the just-for-fun for season3 is the 2 parter, episodes 11 and 12.

Season 4:
1,2, 4,(5),(7),11,12,13,14,(17),(22),23,(25),26
Check out 9 and 15 for some Klingon action. :P

Mirror Universe story Arch: 2x23, 3x19, 4x20, 6x08, 7x12

Okay, thats enough ocd for one night. Bye!

Thanks :) I am a big ST fan and have been since I was very young as my Dad watched them. I just wish they could do less of these useless episodes and do more storyline episodes. Just think of what they could have added if they did? Around 60% of all seasons are just standalone and offer rarely anything to the story as a whole.

Anyway, Thanks for the list :)

#4 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

I agree with Poko... you've gotta watch the Mirror Universe episodes. :)

#5 kos grl

kos grl

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

The crossover episodes are awesome!!! I really like the episodes with Rom (I have a soft spot for him :P ), I think they really do a good job developing his character.
yISuv qoj yIHegh!

#6 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

The crossover episodes are awesome!!! I really like the episodes with Rom (I have a soft spot for him :P ), I think they really do a good job developing his character.

Posted Image
Yeah Rom was always that lovable, sweet Ferengi.
Gone...

#7 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

I can't remember if this was mentioned, but you've got to add 'Far Beyond the Stars' to the list. I think it might be the best episode of Star Trek ever. :)

#8 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:29 AM

Im watching season 4 episode 1 Way of the warrior? but favorit episode-What you live behind.

Edited by Martok, 21 October 2009 - 04:30 AM.

#9 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

It's my personal opinion, but the Dominion War episodes are the best to watch. Most take place throughout the final 2 seasons, but beginning with the final episode of season 5.

Posted Image

#10 Commander Brock

Commander Brock

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

Anything Dominion wars. Anything before the Season 2 finale were worthless episodes....Love the season 3 opening episodes!! Laugh my ass off everytime when I see the growling Odo scene when he becomes annoyed of Quark. And lest we forget the final series episodes....FOR CARDASIA!!!!!
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Totally agree with you there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users