#1 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

Nice, greetings fellow canucks fan! :P
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

Did you catch the beating we laid on the Flames Thursday night? Fantastic way to kick off the season!

Congrats on winning game 1 :lol:
The Red Wings lost their opener..yet...my money is still on them winning the cup. ;)

My team, the Habs, lost their opener as well, but eh, it's just one game.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#3 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

Did you catch the beating we laid on the Flames Thursday night? Fantastic way to kick off the season!

unfortunately not. being in training in the military doesn't grant me the liberty of television. the day will come though.

Congrats on winning game 1 :lol:
The Red Wings lost their opener..yet...my money is still on them winning the cup. ;)

My team, the Habs, lost their opener as well, but eh, it's just one game.

Habs didn't have all their star players on the bench, so its not so suprising. was suprised detroit lost though.
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#4 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

I'm going to split you guys off into a separate thread :)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#5 Sixtyliner

Sixtyliner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

I'm going to split you guys off into a separate thread :)

Wow, I guess Cougar, CM and I have got serious pull around here!

Either that, or it's been 3 posts on hockey and no one else can stomach it anymore :)
Posted Image
"Perhaps this story has no moral."
"That's what I've been saying! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."

#6 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

Well I particularly don't talk sports on here a lot...because...no one else usually does.
So check out http://intheclutch.net/index/ ;)

But anyways, leafs and Habs...my Boys are up 2-0!

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."

#7 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Wow, I guess Cougar, CM and I have got serious pull around here!

Either that, or it's been 3 posts on hockey and no one else can stomach it anymore :)

We've got some serious pull.

so whereabouts in Alberta are you to learn to love the nucks and hate the flames? judging by your pictures I'd say you lived near Sundry or Chochrane, as the Hills are large, meaning you are close to the mountains, but it doesn't look like boreal forest nor does it look dessert-like.

Well I particularly don't talk sports on here a lot...because...no one else usually does.
So check out http://intheclutch.net/index/ ;)

But anyways, leafs and Habs...my Boys are up 2-0!

joining. Also, your habs better win this time.

Anyways, to show how much i haven't been able to pay attention, I didn't realise that the season opener for the canucks was thursday. Was a nice tribute to Luc. He died shortly after I moved here to NB. Wonder if it was the emotion that got the team to pull of 6-0 against the flames, some serious luck, or an actual team tht has pulled it together. Real tests will be the game tonight and the game against the Red Wings. We all know the capitals are a pushover team. :P
Posted Image

#8 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

Not that the Leafs will win much this year but my Habs are crushing them in the 2nd period 6-1 :lol:

Posted Image

#9 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Thats awesome, but still not as good as 6-0 for the nucks against the flames. nothing beats a shut-out liek that. cept a shutout where one fo the players gets a shutout or the same player scores all the goals.
Posted Image

#10 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

5-4 overtime win for the canucks. I thank Hyack and Sandorski for keeping me up to speed over on the forums at www.canadaka.net.
Posted Image

#11 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

Or another NHL fan in the mod staff that thought you needed a better place to talk about hockey than in 'Member Pictures' :P

BTW what do you think of this latest idea to get butts in that seats?
http://bruins.nhl.co...ls/icegirls.htm
Seems a bit silly to me.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#12 Sixtyliner

Sixtyliner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

so whereabouts in Alberta are you to learn to love the nucks and hate the flames? judging by your pictures I'd say you lived near Sundry or Chochrane, as the Hills are large, meaning you are close to the mountains, but it doesn't look like boreal forest nor does it look dessert-like.

Well, I live in Bragg Creek (just outside Calgary) right now, but originally I am from BC, hence my love for the Canucks and burning (no pun intended) hatred for the Flames. That pic is from one of my visits back home a couple of years ago.

Anyways, to show how much i haven't been able to pay attention, I didn't realise that the season opener for the canucks was thursday. Was a nice tribute to Luc. He died shortly after I moved here to NB. Wonder if it was the emotion that got the team to pull of 6-0 against the flames, some serious luck, or an actual team tht has pulled it together. Real tests will be the game tonight and the game against the Red Wings. We all know the capitals are a pushover team. :P

Well, I would have a tough time paying attention too if I knew that I wasn't going to get to watch any games on TV.

The win Thursday was a combo of holding the Flames off early, then burying every single opportunity after the 1st period thanks to a ton of speed and a bit of luck.

5-4 overtime win for the canucks. I thank Hyack and Sandorski for keeping me up to speed over on the forums at www.canadaka.net.

Another beauty! Flames got a couple of breaks on their goals, but also had a non-call against the Canucks cost them the OT winner. Canucks are looking sharp - lots of speed and toughness. I like, I like.

Not that the Leafs will win much this year but my Habs are crushing them in the 2nd period 6-1

Feb 15, Habs head to Vancouver to get embarrassed. Can't wait! :devil2:

Edited by Sixtyliner, 12 October 2008 - 12:40 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Sixtyliner

Sixtyliner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Or another NHL fan in the mod staff that thought you needed a better place to talk about hockey than in 'Member Pictures' :P

BTW what do you think of this latest idea to get butts in that seats?
http://bruins.nhl.co...ls/icegirls.htm
Seems a bit silly to me.

I know the Islanders have already been doing this for a few years. I think they may have been the first team to have this style of "ice crew" and I remember cringing when I heard about it. At least a couple of other American teams have eye candy ice girls who also wander mascot-style through the seats during games.

Unfortunately, after some minimal googling I see that most NHL teams have now jumped on the ice crew bandwagon, although some are a little less blatantly bimbo-ized than others. And I don't mean any offense to these women (I'm actually kinda jealous that they get to be on the ice at NHL games) but I feel a little patronized by the *ahem* uniforms that they are made to wear.

Edited by Sixtyliner, 12 October 2008 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#14 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

I know the Islanders have already been doing this for a few years. I think they may have been the first team to have this style of "ice crew" and I remember cringing when I heard about it. At least a couple of other American teams have eye candy ice girls who also wander mascot-style through the seats during games.

Unfortunately, after some minimal googling I see that most NHL teams have now jumped on the ice crew bandwagon, although some are a little less blatantly bimbo-ized than others. And I don't mean any offense to these women (I'm actually kinda jealous that they get to be on the ice at NHL games) but I feel a little patronized by the *ahem* uniforms that they are made to wear.

Honestly in the last few years I've gone to more AHL games, which are plenty fun, without the fluff, and we have a great arena. I might consider getting some tickets to a Bruins game if I see that they continue the improvements they made last year.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#15 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

I am not a hockey fan, only because I've never been to a hockey game and my older bro never did hockey. BUT, I was on the upper level parking garage at the New Haven Coliseum and decided to take the elevator down. Got in with these two very large guys with Islander sport type bags. They asked me if I was into hockey and it turned out to be two of the players on the team. I kinda felt bad that I didn't know who they were, but in retrospect, they probably were glad to be in an elevator with someone who wasn't drooling all over them. Anyway, my story, for whatever it's worth.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#16 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hockey, phlox, and fights... Me like hockey, ME LIKE HOCKEY!!!

Gotta love the arrogant worms, and i love the above combo... Boston needs the attention though, I'd hate to see an original 6 team die off ebcause of a lack of numbers.
Posted Image

#17 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:30 PM

Feb 15, Habs head to Vancouver to get embarrassed. Can't wait! :devil2:

hey now, I like every Canadian team except Toronto :P

Hockey, phlox, and fights... Me like hockey, ME LIKE HOCKEY!!!

Gotta love the arrogant worms, and i love the above combo... Boston needs the attention though, I'd hate to see an original 6 team die off ebcause of a lack of numbers.

Boston's attendance hasn't been that great the past few years but I doubt the franchise will go away.
Also...when the Red Sox, Celtics and Pats are winning championships, it's hard to be a top franchise when you haven't won in 36 years. ;)

Posted Image

#18 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

hey now, I like every Canadian team except Toronto :P

Dude, no one likes Toronto, not even Toronto. And I'm not talking about just the team either.
Posted Image

#19 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

Dude, no one likes Toronto, not even Toronto. And I'm not talking about just the team either.

Hey now, maybe you westerners hate Toronto but I actually like the city :P Even though I've only been there a couple times ;)

To be honest, I am a Blue Jays and Raptors fan...but I hate the Leafs.

Posted Image

#20 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

Oh I have no problem with the city, or the people, or the teams really. Especially after the visiting the place, i'e come to really like the place. Partially why I wanted to be posted up in Petawawa. It's just ingrained within my western genetics and the western way of living that one must hate Toronto.

Which happens to be a stereotype that really pisses alot of westerners off. We don't all hate Toronto, nor do we all think the place sucks. Half of us have never really heard of the place, and only know the name from the football, baseball (only because of the one movie with the angels in it), and hockey teams. So don't hate on and alienate us because of a few loud-mouthed bad apples. :)
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users