Photo

World Series 2008

16 replies to this topic

Poll: World series 2008; predictions (5 member(s) have cast votes)

ALCS Championship

1. Boston Red Sox (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Tampa Bay Rays (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

NLCS Championship

1. Philadelphia Phillies (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. La Dodgers (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

World Series Champions

1. Boston Red Sox (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Tampa Bay Rays (1 votes [20.00%])

3. Philadelphia Phillies (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. LA Dodgers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Who cares, my team is already eliminated :P (1 votes [20.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

So Obama said he's rooting for the Phillies in lieu of his Cubbies being eliminated(again :P), no word on who McCain is rooting for. Who are you watching? who do you think will win
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

You mean there's a team other than the Sawks? :huh: :P

Posted Image

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Not that I am aware of. B)

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, and I do think Tampa has the chops for a 7 game series too. Although the Sox might actually hit the wall if they lose another key player.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#5 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

Alright Philly is now up 2-0 in the series with LA, but I'll be honest and go with my original picks going into the CS. I went with Tampa in 7 and Dodgers in 6.
Tampa can still win in 7, but Dodgers ain't looking so good right now.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#6 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

I'm sitting here dying with the Sox and TB tied in the 9th. What happened to up by 7 in the 7th? Can you say CHOKE????? How in the @%#%$# do you blow a 7 run lead?

I'm still sticking with TB. I can NOT hang with the Sox. Never.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#7 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

I'm sitting here dying with the Sox and TB tied in the 9th. What happened to up by 7 in the 7th? Can you say CHOKE????? How in the @%#%$# do you blow a 7 run lead?

Never forget the Sox are grand masters of pulling improbable wins out their arses :P As a Yanks fan you should remember that from '04.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#8 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:37 AM

Sox Monster Rally Extends Series Boston 8, Tampa Bay 7

"BOSTON -- Down seven runs and running out of time, the Boston Red Sox weren't quite ready to go away.The defending World Series champions pulled off the biggest postseason comeback since 1929, beating the Rays 8-7 Thursday night on J.D. Drew's two-out single in the ninth to stave off elimination in the best-of-seven AL championship series."

It may not last but Red Sox Nation is happy today. :clap:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#9 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

Sounds like results of another pep talk from Papi. I Varitek retires before him he will definitely end up a captain.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#10 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

all I can says is:

boo

and my fever is back - the Sox have a way of making me sick. >_< :ranting:
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#11 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have officially put the Red Sox with the Yankees now...before, there was some likability and respectability...but they keep pulling miracles out of their asses, and the Rays better phloxing win or else I'm becoming a Phillies fan :P

Sounds like results of another pep talk from Papi. I Varitek retires before him he will definitely end up a captain.

I wonder what Varitek will do when the Red Sox possibly get rid of him this offseason...retire?

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."

#12 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

AFAIK from all the local sources he intends to retire a member of the Red Sox. I don't see him getting traded in a hurry though, He is arguably one of the most knowledgeable catchers in the league. He studies batters like exhaustively Schilling. If anything I'd say he'll end up a coach or manager either in Georgia in the pros.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#13 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

Sorry about your squad, dude....

At least the Rays have a Cinderella story...to enjoy...even though they are not my beloved Yankees or the Flops...

I heard a funny gag on I think it was SNL about Madonna leaving Guy Ritchie, her husband of so many years and rumor has it that Alex Rodriques has left his wife of the last 6 years...Derek Jeter... :D

Just 3 months and 26 days 'til pitchers & catchers report.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#14 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

Yep, got my Sox Screensaver packed away until reporting day.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#15 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:12 PM

Let's face it Boston...Tampa battled with you all season, and to bow out in 7 was no surprise to me and definitely not shameful.

Heh, people have speculated all year "When is Tampa going to collapse?" or "When is Tampa going to return to their old selves?". Then it was "They have no experience, they can't win in the playoffs". They beat Chicago, so then it was "Well Boston are the defending champs and have more experience". Well now they're in the World Series. People say you never remember the losers, but even if the Rays lose, I think this would be a team to remember.

So are people still doubting this team?

Posted Image

#16 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

It's going to be nice to see some different teams in there this year. My Brother is a Phillies phan, and I am kind of going to route for Tampa. Should be interesting...

Edited by NX014Ever, 20 October 2008 - 11:41 PM.

"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#17 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Let's face it Boston...Tampa battled with you all season, and to bow out in 7 was no surprise to me and definitely not shameful.

Heh, people have speculated all year "When is Tampa going to collapse?" or "When is Tampa going to return to their old selves?". Then it was "They have no experience, they can't win in the playoffs". They beat Chicago, so then it was "Well Boston are the defending champs and have more experience". Well now they're in the World Series. People say you never remember the losers, but even if the Rays lose, I think this would be a team to remember.

So are people still doubting this team?

I don't doubt they aren't the same team of basement dwellers they were last year. They committed themselves to becoming a championship contender and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. The AL East is going to be a fun division to watch next year whatever the outcome of the World Series.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users