Photo

Episode Discussion: The Void

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate this episode (2 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this episode?

1. 5 - Amazing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 4 (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. 3 - ok (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1 - terrible (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

I enjoyed this episode. I think this would be a terrific episode to show someone to introduce them to the ideas of the federation and it's principles. With Janeway working together with the other aliens it was just like the idea of the Federation.

I loved Phantome and his musical language.

Also in case people didn't notice this, I have seen many people criticise Voyager's lack of "despiration" while they were in the Delta Quadrant, well in this episode there happens one thing that people overlook. They are given technology that greatly increases their replicator yields while using less energy. After this they no longer needed to use replicator rations.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Williams

Williams

'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team 'Doctor Who' Researc

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

(Very good threads, I like episode discussions- just wish i'd seen these before :) )

I do like this episode! It reminds me of the Video game which got me into Star Trek all those years ago. Star Trek: Elite Force, a very similar plot.

Also I have to agree with the musical language, its a beautiful idea and very inventive.

And theres the point where the Original Series theme tune was playing as they discuss feeling as though they are a part of the federation again- its subtle but tugs the trekkie-heart-strings! :)
"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King.

Posted Image- Targ & Duck Pub! Now open for business :)

#3 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

(Very good threads, I like episode discussions- just wish i'd seen these before :) )

I do like this episode! It reminds me of the Video game which got me into Star Trek all those years ago. Star Trek: Elite Force, a very similar plot.

Also I have to agree with the musical language, its a beautiful idea and very inventive.

And theres the point where the Original Series theme tune was playing as they discuss feeling as though they are a part of the federation again- its subtle but tugs the trekkie-heart-strings! :)

thank you, the board was on the slow side so I thought it might help

I love Elite Force, I've played through it at least a dozen times. I recently started playing through the second one again.

#4 Williams

Williams

'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team 'Doctor Who' Researc

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

Its an awsome game :). I used to be a member of ERP, had a lot of fun times 'being' a starfleet officer.. just makes me need STO even more!

And very good idea.. this sectioin of the forums needs a bit of a kick ;)
"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King.

Posted Image- Targ & Duck Pub! Now open for business :)

#5 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Its an awsome game :) . I used to be a member of ERP, had a lot of fun times 'being' a starfleet officer.. just makes me need STO even more!

And very good idea.. this sectioin of the forums needs a bit of a kick ;)

I can't wait for STO! They did a presentation about it at the con in Vegas, it looks amazing! I just wish it wasn't pay to play

#6 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users