31 replies to this topic

#21 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

Wonder what made you think of this thread :lol:
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#22 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Made more sense than opening a new one to have Hair merge it on me :P
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#23 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

Of note, Better Place has not secured the financing, nor has San Francisco pledged it - essentially the city government has only endorsed the proposal.

Posted Image

#24 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

Yeah I was actually looking for a better article, that one is kind of a placeholder :P I think they may be hoping for a federal assist, as Cali is butt deep in debt ATM
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#25 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

Yeah I was actually looking for a better article, that one is kind of a placeholder :P I think they may be hoping for a federal assist, as Cali is butt deep in debt ATM

California may be deeply in debt, but is the city of San Francisco?

Posted Image

#26 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

Not living there I would not know. I do know from my cousin that the Bay area is considerably better off financially than SoCal.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#27 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

For those whom lowering themselves to a Prius just shant do...

Posted Image
Detroit Auto Show: Fisker Karma luxury hybrid-only $80,000
The big news today is the Fisker Karma Luxury Hybrid, which is going to come at $80,000 and deliver luxury style, GT performance and eco-friendliness. And this isn't a flight of fancy. This is a production model that will be produced in the fourth quarter of 2009 with venture capital funding by Kleiner Perkins, who made big investments in Netscape and Google at the right time that later turned into big victories. A true lithium-ion plug-in hybrid, the electrical system is good for 50 miles of electric-only driving in stealth mode. Otherwise, the second mode of the hybrid system involves a performance-oriented four cylinder engine. The company currently puts the performance at 5.8 seconds 0-60 mph with a top speed of 125 mph (continuous). Interestingly, we also got photos of Mark Fields chatting it up at the Fisker display before the reveal. Old friend, new partner — or maybe a mullet potential curious onlooker attempting to find out more about what's going on under the hood?
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#28 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

We'll see if $80k becomes a reality. Somehow, I doubt it.

Posted Image

#29 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

Figure it like this though Hair, for those who can shell out the $1000 pre-order fee($5k for the "premium version" that comes with a signed plaque), the cost is a drop in the bucket, even in a crap economy.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#30 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Honda FCX Clarity gets Top Gear honors
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#31 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

GM to sell Chevy Volt in Australia under Holden nameplate, in EU under the Opel brand as the Ampera
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#32 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

So GM released the mileage estimate for the production Volt today. How about 230mpg* boys and girls? Would that wet your appetite for a $40000 sedan? How long would it take you to get your money's worth out of it, offsetting those numbers against increased utility bills needed to charge the unit every night? Would it be worthwhile enough for you to buy one? Now before you answer, note the asterisk. Yeah, just like a player that corks the bat, seems ol' Fritz fudged the numbers a bit. You get that for the first 50 miles being gasoline free, and your power cells being fully charged of the house juice. Evidently the EPA is calling BS on it too, and it is based on their formula.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users