Stargate: Continuum

21 replies to this topic

#1 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

Well, I watched the newly released SGI epic film last night. All in all it was an entertaining story but I found it dragged a bit in the beginning. It was kinda nice seeing a SG1 story that featured some of the Rogues Gallery that we have all come to know and love like Ba'al, [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] Apophis, Chronos, Camulus, Yu-huang Shang Ti, and Ra[/color] but they were all tragically under utilized in this story. This also, tragically, is the final performance of Don S. Davis in the role of General Hammond due to his untimely death in June.

All in all, you can see that the money got put on the screen more than it did into the writing. As alternate timeline stories go, it isn't the worst we have ever seen, but they do leave an inexplicable paradox at the end of it. Also, with the exception of Ben Browder and Claudia Black, you can see that the original actors are really getting tired of the roles.
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Also, with the exception of Ben Browder and Claudia Black, you can see that the original actors are really getting tired of the roles.

The old Harrison Ford in Return of the Jedi style of acting.
Gone...

#3 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

My impression is this: The Ark of Truth tied up the Orii story and Continuum ties up the Goa'uld story thread.

Nuff said ..... Next Series, Please :thumbsup:
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

For those who are wondering when Continuum takes place in the "Stargate timeline", here you go: It's after the Season 5 premiere episode of Stargate Atlantis ("Search and Rescue"). At the end of that episode, Carter says that she's going back to Earth for Baal's extraction (or execution, whichever), and that's what takes place in the movie.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 RogueEntity

RogueEntity

::Resident Dragon::

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

It will air in glorious HD here this Tuesday and I cannot wait. Next step is getting the two movies on Bluray ;)
"Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes" - McKay

#6 kalan

kalan

Ensign

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

I liked both movies. It was good to see Jack O'Neill in Continuum. I love Mitchell in all, but the show just needs Smart a** O'Neill, but I do wish Dr. Daniel Jackson &O'Neill had bigger roles then what they did. Continuum seems more a Sam movie for some reason. :0)

#7 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

It was an ok movie...but riddled with paradox and a huge gaping "WHAT HAPPENED TO...??" at the end [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]What happened to the aged Mitchel?[/color]

It WAS good to see RDA again...even if his role was somewhat underutilized. As well as our last with Don S. Davis. :(

I didn't really find character/actor fatigue though. :unsure:

Posted Image

#8 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]What happened to the aged Mitchel?[/color]

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]Well, he probably stayed out of sight. I mean, he just got done restoring the timeline. Why would he try to mess it up again?

Maybe he posed as a distant cousin or something.[/color]
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#9 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

I was worried while I was watching it that the middle part would turn into another Unending but luckly they didn't linger on that segment of the story too much. I really enjoyed Continuum (and Ark) though I do wish there was more RDA.

Posted Image

#10 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

I was worried while I was watching it that the middle part would turn into another Unending but luckly they didn't linger on that segment of the story too much. I really enjoyed Continuum (and Ark) though I do wish there was more RDA.

I've heard that the next SG-1 movie (written by Brad Wright) will focus on O'Neill.
Posted Image

#11 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

I've heard that the next SG-1 movie (written by Brad Wright) will focus on O'Neill.

Cool. B)

Posted Image

#12 kalan

kalan

Ensign

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

great. I can't wait. Do you know when it might come out?

#13 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

great. I can't wait. Do you know when it might come out?

Brad Wright said that filming could start at the beginning of 2009, but he didn't give a release date.
Posted Image

#14 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:01 AM

Brad Wright said that filming could start at the beginning of 2009, but he didn't give a release date.

OOH!!! Hopefully they won't make us wait till 2010 to see it!

I liked Continuum. However, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it... I think I'll have to watch it again before I can comment more.

#15 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

It was good. [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]The whole timeline problem thing has been done a few times on the show, from Ancient Egypt, to the 60's, to the near future. Having Michell alone make it through the gate to save the day was less compelling simply because we've had an episode where all that made it through was a piece of paper.[/color]

Meanwhile, I'm starting to think the air-force needs a section in their manual entitled "Teal'c first encounters: Constructive arguments that will convince Teal'c to join the good side."

It's all been done. OOooOOO
It's all been done. OOooOOo
It's all been dooooone befooooooooore.

Anyway, it was very good. I loved all the more realistic RW military moments. :)

P.S. In a scifi universe with a clearly established multi-verse, fighting to restore the timeline seems a bit superfluous. :shrug:

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#16 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Don't let my last post fool you. I really did enjoy it, including the bits we've seen before.

Edited by poko, 04 April 2009 - 09:39 PM.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#17 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]Having Michell alone make it through the gate to save the day was less compelling simply because we've had an episode where all that made it through was a piece of paper.[/color]

I assume you're referring to the episode "2010". No one made it through the gate in that episode because they were all shot and killed before they could get to it.
Posted Image

#18 marika valeris

marika valeris

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

I LOVED the ark,AND the continuum!but when they will put togeter JACK and SAM??? :wallbash: :wallbash: THEY deserve finaly to stay togeter!i hope that MGM,WILL change their mind AND go beyound with the 3rd movie SG-1! :crybaby:
TRIP IS NOT DEAD!!!!!I DONT LIKE YOU JJ.ABRAMS!

Posted Image

#19 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

when they will put togeter JACK and SAM???

When one of them retires. As long as they're both in the military, they can't be together, apparently. They can't even kiss. Remember the fourth season episode "Window of Opportunity" (that's the one where Jack and Teal'c are trapped in that time loop). Jack had to resign just to kiss Carter. (Although, since he knew that he'd just loop back around again, I'm not sure why he bothered to resign.)
Posted Image

#20 marika valeris

marika valeris

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

When one of them retires. As long as they're both in the military, they can't be together, apparently. They can't even kiss. Remember the fourth season episode "Window of Opportunity" (that's the one where Jack and Teal'c are trapped in that time loop). Jack had to resign just to kiss Carter. (Although, since he knew that he'd just loop back around again, I'm not sure why he bothered to resign.)

:rolleyes: you're right!i've seen kisses betwen J and S;in other timeline,when SAM is traped on that ship,-tihs one i lost it!-,other proof of their love..but nothing concrete! :wallbash:
here in ITALY,we've seen only 6 seasons..the batlle betwin tv chanels is so lausy and we wait the next seasons that never come!
so we can do nothing but wait!
i have one more question:on youtube there is one video where JACK and SAM get married!!!what is all about???what episode is that???
TRIP IS NOT DEAD!!!!!I DONT LIKE YOU JJ.ABRAMS!

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users