• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#61 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

I'm not an expert, but if my memory serves, BSG got about half or maybe two thirds of the viewership Enterprise did (1-2 million as opposed to 2-3 million), and SG: Atlantis did about as well. Now, both of those shows have since ended, but my understanding is that both endings were the result of creative decisions, and both franchises and now getting continuations in the form of Caprica and Universe.

Indeed. There were several instances where reruns of ENT on Sci-Fi were watched by more viewers than first run BSG. One time I can directly think of, with the apparent death of Starbuck... its ratings were struggling compared to reruns of a cancelled show! Of course, they turn to ENT for episode marathons during the holidays and continue to go through the series an episode a week. All this even despite buying the rights to the more popular TNG... Surely they wouldn't press on when they have twice as many episodes from a 'superior series' to replace it with?

#62 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

I agree, Enterprise must surely be satisfying what Sci-Fi Channel requires to get it running still if it hasn't been replaced by what most agree is the benchmark of Star Trek which is The Next Generation

This is nice that we're back in talking about things and hopefully it doesn't stop in a week or two, I think we've found new things to do in terms of securing Enterprise's future for example i read CP wishing that Enterprise got a mention in the new film we know a second film is coming so you know maybe that wish could come true if given the right nudges regardless it is all fresh food for thought.

#63 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Since Enterprise is doing well on Scifi, this may give it a leg up, over any consideration for Trek on TV. Especially if CBS/Paramount may have TV on there minds depending on how the New movie goes.

We should probly include Scifi on our may mailer, as if they request new episodes of Enterprise from CBS/Paramount, that can show the demand that is needed to get it back, even if CBS decided that they would not give it to Scifi, they may want it for CW or CBS.

But if Scifi begins to ask for more Enterprise (maybe they already have?), and the Fans are asking for more Enterprise, there is a demand for the show, and TPTB may listen.

I plan on sending several letters and phone calls the 1st week of may, and think it may be a good Idea to continue sending 1 letter a week, and 1 phone call a week, for the month of may, as it would be a good time for intensified efforts.

Later Bruce

Edited by Bruce2, 21 April 2009 - 10:09 PM.

Here is a site with Current Campaign Info and what U can do to help http://www.freewebs.com/stenterprise/

#64 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Looks like we're opening shop again, but in a different form (and probably in a different place).

#65 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

It is nice to open up shop again even though our location and some aims have or will change, I am confident SE is going to do well for the fans no matter where we will end up being.

#66 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

Could someone please close this thread down, as SE is alive and well again.

#67 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Ok Raptor. I agree SE is alive and well in its newest incarnations.Posted Image

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users