3 replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

Posted ImageSynopses for Kobayashi Maru, Destiny Trilogy [spoilers]

(From June 11, 2008) Pocket Books is ramping up for the upcoming Star Trek: Destiny trilogy, which will quite literally be spanning space and time through the Trek universe. Also coming up is a new Enterprise novel: Kobayashi Maru, explaining the events behind the legendary Starfleet Academy test. Following are the synopses for Kobayashi Maru and all three Destiny books - beware spoilers!

Read more here.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

I have a question. I recently bought Kobayashi Maru and read the prolog and first chapter. It mentions a certain chief engineer and a certain secret mission. My question is: should I read Star Trek Enterprise: Good That Men Do first? Is Kobayashi Maru a sequel?

I had already gleaned the "secret" reveiled in GTMD so that's not a spoiler for me. What I mean is, will I have a more satisfying experience reading GTMD first(if it's a sequel)? I don't read a lot of novels because I just don't have time. Other reasons I didn't pick up GTMD is that I don't like the story-within-a-story format and, at the time, I was already reading a Star Wars novel. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

I haven't gotten my hands on "Kobayahi Maru" yet, so I can't really tell you how much the plots connect, but I do believe it's supposed to be a sequel to TGTMD, so I would assume that you should read it first.

#4 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

I have a question. I recently bought Kobayashi Maru and read the prolog and first chapter. It mentions a certain chief engineer and a certain secret mission. My question is: should I read Star Trek Enterprise: Good That Men Do first? Is Kobayashi Maru a sequel?

I had already gleaned the "secret" reveiled in GTMD so that's not a spoiler for me. What I mean is, will I have a more satisfying experience reading GTMD first(if it's a sequel)? I don't read a lot of novels because I just don't have time. Other reasons I didn't pick up GTMD is that I don't like the story-within-a-story format and, at the time, I was already reading a Star Wars novel. :rolleyes:

Like you - I figured out what the "secret" was and I haven't read TGTMD yet...But Kobayashi just looks better...

Now as far as Destiny Trilogy .....spoilers I've read about are already pissing me off. *screams in frustration* of course I'll still read the damn things...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users