Wall*E

12 replies to this topic

#1 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

Wall*E is the final film that was originally discussed and pitched when Lassetter and company were plotting their feature film ideas.

I am going to say first off that my wife didn't like the film ..... I am considering either divorce or murder to rectify this oversight :P

Wall*E has to be the most visually stunning of the Pixar releases to date, with sections that honestly make you wonder whether or not they are actually live footage. I am not going to go into anything that could be considered a spoiler, because there very little I can say that could actually paint an accurate enough picture of this film. Suffice to say this (because I am not an overly sentimental person I usually don't get affected by this kind of story) the absolute charm and sincerity of the main characters, Wall*E and EVE, combined with an amazingly minimalist dialog puts this as probably one of the best films made in the last 10 years in any genre.

Words escape me, descriptions defy me ..... all I can say is you have to see this small wonder of a film for yourself :thumbsup:
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie

Commodore

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Wall-EEEE! lol

I plan to see that movie soon in a couple weeks at least so the crowd can die down.

How come your wife didn't like it but you love the movie?

Posted Image

#3 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

I want to see it too really soon. Short on money right now though. I've been visiting my mother in the hospital in another city so I haven't been at work for a week and I'm just getting back to work tonight.

"It's not easy being green..."
...But at least I have my Fedora and whip to make it easier!

Posted Image

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

Indy...I hope that your Mom is okay...

My son saw this movie over the weekend with a friend and is building his own "robot" now. It is made out of a shoe box and some train tracks and the air pump thing from his sleeping bag, and an old pair of binoculars...So awesome!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

My parents saw it this weekend and loved it. Must. Go. See. Huge. Pixar. Fan.

#6 StarFleetIntel

StarFleetIntel

FOX News Contributor

• Members
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:12 PM

It was nowhere near what I expected. It was very intelligent, visual, character driven, and mature.....It was a great movie.

#7 kalan

kalan

Ensign

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

I want to see it too really soon. Short on money right now though. I've been visiting my mother in the hospital in another city so I haven't been at work for a week and I'm just getting back to work tonight.

Hope your mom gets better. Take care

Edited by kalan, 30 June 2008 - 09:00 PM.

#8 Red_Skirt

Red_Skirt

Commander

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

It was a great movie!

I especially loved the moral of the story!
Posted Image
Posted Image
made by the memebers of Arch-Angels

#9 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

^Agreed [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]was anyone else thinking "Walmart" each time you saw the mego-store stuff? lol :lol:[/color]

TR, I agree with you on the visual descriptions. There were really some moments where the environment looked real not CGI. I was so amazed by the backgrounds...even the space ones (who of us wouldn't want to reach up and touch the rings of a planet or soar through a nebula?)

I can sort of see where certain audiences would become bored rather easily...the lack of non-computer sounding dialogue for the first third of the movie would drive some people nuts (i.e. "Benji: The Hunted" and "Castaway"). And there's a lot that the audience needs to infer. So if you're around people who need to be spoon fed everything in a movie, this is not a film for them.

However I believe most people on this board would not fall into that category of audience.

Posted Image

#10 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

One of the few movies with a subtle, satiric, well-told message. I enjoyed it. And yes, there were some moments when I couldn't help myself smiling at the cuteness. But tell anyone and I'll deny it :P
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#11 Nickolov

Nickolov

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

WALL-E rulz. It's the most beautiful Disney/Pixar movie to date. Amazing. 10/10

Macedonian National Coordinator @ TFU

Posted Image

MakTrek blog | Crapwerk blog

#12 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar