Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

38 replies to this topic

#1 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

Well, of course I HAD to see it and was not disappointed at all. I refuse to put any spoilers here but I will tell you that they delivered what they promised:

Very little CGI
Same lighting style as the previous three
Same great mix of story/action/comedy

There was only ONE downfall that I didn't care for in this movie. The main female antagonist, Irina Spalkg (played by Cate Blanchett), was dull in many parts. Cate Blanchett played the character very bland as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the cast was fantastic, is was great seeing Karen Allen reprise her role as Marion Ravenwood.

Basically, I'm speechless about this movie. If you are a fan at all, I would strongly suggest seeing this!

EDIT: I wonder if I should update my avatar and signature with more grey in it now?

Edited by IndyV72, 23 May 2008 - 12:16 AM.

"It's not easy being green..."
...But at least I have my Fedora and whip to make it easier!

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

i have been very interested in seeing a lead female villain in an Indy movie, and I love Cate Blanchet, so if what you say is true that's a little dissapointing. Other than that, I have to see this but definetly plan on it, and seeing that a lot of the same people are back (Ford, Allen, Lucas, Spielberg, Williams) you just can't go wrong. I doubt it will be as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but I see this outdoing Temple of Doom.

Posted Image

#3 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

i have been very interested in seeing a lead female villain in an Indy movie, and I love Cate Blanchet, so if what you say is true that's a little dissapointing. Other than that, I have to see this but definetly plan on it, and seeing that a lot of the same people are back (Ford, Allen, Lucas, Spielberg, Williams) you just can't go wrong. I doubt it will be as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but I see this outdoing Temple of Doom.

Anything will outdo Temple of Doom. I would have to put it as my second favorite Indy movie, next to Raiders.

Posted Image

#4 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

7:45 pm tonight! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Oh and INDY - grey is sexy!

Edited by Terilynn, 23 May 2008 - 08:48 AM.

#5 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Anything will outdo Temple of Doom. I would have to put it as my second favorite Indy movie, next to Raiders.

Wow, better than Last Crusade? Many think that one is their fav, but for me it is Raiders all the way - absolute classic.

Posted Image

#6 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

I might try to go see it on Tuesday night...The cinemas are $5.00 on Tues...much easier to take 5 people to a movie that way.

If not, I may have to wait until it comes out on DVD...

I will trust the opinions in this thread before I listen to any reviewer...and I, too was excited to see Karen Allen in the preview!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#7 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

I loved it. Can't say more.

I stuffed a HUGE bag of popcorn in my mouth AND was able to top that off with a couple fo sour punch straws.

I rate my movies by how much food I stuff in my face without thinking about it. The more fun, the more I seem to eat! :)

#8 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

I hope to see it soon, but if I can't I'll make a point to pick up the DVD. I think I'm going to like this one a lot. :)
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#9 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:39 AM

I loved it. Can't say more.

I stuffed a HUGE bag of popcorn in my mouth AND was able to top that off with a couple fo sour punch straws.

I rate my movies by how much food I stuff in my face without thinking about it. The more fun, the more I seem to eat! :)

What underwear were you 'able' to wear after the movie then? ;) (or perhaps you did a SNAP impression)

Posted Image

#10 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

I hope to see it when it comes to Oz.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#11 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

I hope to see it when it comes to Oz.

LOL. It's funny you should mention Oz, because it had a trailer for the new Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman movie called Australia.

Posted Image

#12 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

^I was just about to say the same thing! I'm not a really big Kidman fan - but I have got to see that movie. Jackman...It's all about the Hugh.

BTW- Indy - yeah - I pulled a SNAP. ;)

#13 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:17 AM

I love Hugh Jackman. One of the few people who you'd have to go gay for if they asked you to.

Anyway, I'm going to see it today. I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews, but my brother said it was good and that I'd like it, so I've still got high hopes.
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#14 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

So, just got back from meeting my grandparents and going to see Indiana Jones. Gotta say, it was good. Not as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark or Last Crusade, but better than Temple of Doom. Which isn't saying it's bad; Raiders is just classic and Last Crusade is easily the best Indiana Jones movie. And Temple of Doom is a good movie in its own right, just not as good as the rest.
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#15 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

LOL. It's funny you should mention Oz, because it had a trailer for the new Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman movie called Australia.

Interesting plot. The storyline must go on for a few years. The plot mentioned it is set before WWII and the bombing of Darwin which was in 1942.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#16 Red_Skirt

Red_Skirt

Commander

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

Just got back from watching the movie...

it was good... espically the two main actors... Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf were great!

I cant say that I liked how the "crystal skull" story turned out.... I wasnt expecting that much Sci-Fi
Dont get me wrong.. I LOVE sci-fi.. but.... I wasnt expecting it here...
Posted Image
Posted Image
made by the memebers of Arch-Angels

#17 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

I went in thinking it would be the best movie of the summer, but, I'm sorry to say, I was disappointed. There didn't seem to be the same emotion and charm that the other three movies had. And I think all the characters' reaction to what was happening was a little too unrealistic. They should have been more skeptical. Indy was that way with the Ark in the first movie (up until they opened it), so why not in this movie too?

All in all, I'd rate it as good as Temple of Doom. (But the FX were the best in the series. Both the bomb going off and the whirlwind at the end of the movie were very impressive.)
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#18 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

Got to see it yesterday and I'd say it was good but not great. Better than Temple of Doom, but its hard to beat out the others. Shia actually surprised me in his role, and Ford and Allen turned out to be pretty good afterall. The action scenes were great, and the jeep chase reminded me of the classic truck chase in Raiders (which still can't be beat) The sci-fi concept bugged me a little and did not have the appeal as The Lost Ark or Holy Grail.

Posted Image

#19 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

It was a good popcorn flick - enjoyable for me.

#20 StarFleetIntel

StarFleetIntel

FOX News Contributor

• Members
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

I'm walking out the door right now to see it....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users