Think we'll have a episode 7, 8 and 9?

18 replies to this topic

#1 JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie

Commodore

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

I'm not sure if there is a thread about this...if so, link me to existing thread

After we have had 6 episodes (the 3 originals and the 3 prequals), you think we'll ever get a episode 7, 8 and 9?

I've thought of this yesterday.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Nope.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#3 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Only if you believe that SuperShadow guy. And if you believe him, I have beach front property on the moon for sale.

Lucas has said that he created a rough outline of a sequel trilogy, but that there was never really much more than some notes. I think it's fairly unlikely that we'll ever get a Lucas produced trilogy. Now, if he dies and his properties fall into some more traditional Hollywood types' hands, then there'll be enough Star Wars to fill an entire cable channel.
Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#4 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

I would like to see further movies with the original trilogy cast. I know they are all older, but the time setting could be where they are at now, like Han and Leia married with children and so forth. Guess it will never happen, but we can always dream.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

No, and it's not really needed. Episodes I, II, and III had to be made because IV, V, and VI were already there, implying that there should have been a I, II, and III. Now it's six movies in a row, no gaps.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#6 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

George Lucas has stated that he will not be making the seventh, eighth, and ninth movies as he had originally intended. Nor is there really much more story that can be told. I mean, there can be, but Return of the Jedi pretty much wrapped things up in a nice package. No need to go further.

However, for the Star Wars fan, Lucas is working on a CGI Clone War series that will eventually air on TNT, and there will be a live-action series set between movies III and IV in the coming years.

Posted Image

#7 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

George Lucas has stated that he will not be making the seventh, eighth, and ninth movies as he had originally intended. Nor is there really much more story that can be told. I mean, there can be, but Return of the Jedi pretty much wrapped things up in a nice package. No need to go further.

However, for the Star Wars fan, Lucas is working on a CGI Clone War series that will eventually air on TNT, and there will be a live-action series set between movies III and IV in the coming years.

Don't forget the Clone Wars 2-hour CGI movie that will run in theaters this summer.

#8 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

Naaaaaah. Ep I - VI were the complete Anakin Skywalker saga. There's no more to tell in that story.

Posted Image

#9 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:39 PM

Nope. But if the rights went to someone who would make more movies, can you imagine the debates about canon? You think the ones about Trek are bad... :lol:
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#10 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

Nope. But if the rights went to someone who would make more movies, can you imagine the debates about canon? You think the ones about Trek are bad... :lol:

I don't know about that. When you have a 50's diner in a film that takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, haven't you pretty much passed "anything goes?"

And let's be honest, Star Wars canon is about as fast and loose as it comes. If you read the books, they're part of your canon. If you play the video games, they're part of your canon. Star Wars has managed to transcend canon by putting out so much bad ass "non-canon" that it's really up to the individual now.

Hell, people even buy into SuperShadow's crap as canon. And his stuff isn't even "sort of, maybe, kind of" official.

Edited by Radardog, 10 April 2008 - 09:30 PM.

#11 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, that's true. But I bet people would still find excuses to argue. :huh:
I still say canon's why I like Trek better, no matter how many holy wars get started over things like cars :P
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#12 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

I totally agree. besides, the upcoming tv show will bridge the gap between eps 1-3 and 4-6. I think its safe to say that after that Star Wars is complete.

#13 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

I think we need a sequel to the Star Wars Holiday special and a Deluxe DVD set of them both.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#14 Lt. Mill

Lt. Mill

Ensign

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

Do we really need the continuation? Well, some of the people I know would certainly say "NO"? but I personally would like to see some new thrilling adventures of different jedi (sorry if I spelled it wrong) with new technologies of the 21st century (not 80's).:)
We create the history every lightyear.
UESPA.RU Welcome aboard!

#15 thx1138

thx1138

Commodore

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Is really the vision of George Lucas to end entire saga with a teddy bear picnic????
" take four red capsules, in ten minutes - take two more.....help is on the way"

#16 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Yes, it was. Return of the Jedi was when Lucas started to go a little bit crazy. Thank goodness the Ewoks were tolerable or he would have ruined the third trilogy.
But, if you're looking for more, and something a bit better than the prequel trilogy (and hell, I'll admit, occasionally better than the original movies) try the Extended Universe. Thousands of books, games, comics, and tv shows that remind us all why Star Wars is badass.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#17 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

I Highly doubt there will be anymore episodes.

Edited by Chief Cottingham, 19 July 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#18 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

Yaaay an opportunity to dig through a Star Wars thread!
There probably won't be anymore Lucas-made movies. Partially because fans would riot. But, Star Wars has an amazing Extended Universe, and you can easily see any sort of additional story in there... that's what it's there for, to provide Star Wars beyond Lucas. And the good news is, a lot of it is badass.

Naaaaaah. Ep I - VI were the complete Anakin Skywalker saga. There's no more to tell in that story.

Because the universe is only good for one story, yep. :P

About the canon comments, there isn't really any sort of canon debates among SW fans, or at least not as bad as Trekkies can get. The main reason is because nobody really goes to previously established material. There are literal thousands of years to work with... the upcoming MMO is taking place in the Bioware era, as I have dubbed it, which is roughly four thousand years before the prequel trilogy. Just another EU tidbit for you, because Bioware's writers embody all that is good with the franchise.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#19 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

I dont think that we will get anymore 7,8,9 :sadnod: because the story is ready now :) George Lucas started it from 4 and made 5 and 6 before 1,2 and 3, I have heard because of he did want more effects to movies from1 to 3 but Im not sure about this. :unsure: Anyways the end of the story is Return OF The Jedi and in it all of galaxy was in peace ^_^ and I dont want different ending for Star Wars I think this one is the best. :thumbsup:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users