story questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 CardassianNinja

CardassianNinja

Rear Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 913 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

Can someone tell me who exactly ordered the clone army? Aparenlt Sifo-Dias did, but I have come to think that it was Palpatine or Dooku in disguise. Palpatine must have known that this army would have eventually served him after the events of episode III.

The stormtroopers ARE actually the clones, right?
Therrien. Staal. Malkin. Crosby. Roberts. Hossa. Gonchar. Stanley.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

The clone troops in Ep II and III are clones. Being that that wasn't known to be the case (even to Lucas) when he wrote IV, V, and VI, he's come up with the explanation that some stormtroopers are clones of Fett, others are clones of other people, and others yet are volunteers/draftees.

Posted Image

#3 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

I get the impression that Sifo Dias was killed before the order for the clone army was placed (I like to think Darth Maul was sicced on him). So then Sidious or Tyranus probably made the order, pretending to be Dias.

Posted Image

#4 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

There was a theory going around before Episode III came out that Sifo Dias was actually Darth Sidious, therefore explaining the similarities in their names. And then Sifo Dias' death was staged so that he could become Palpatine. That's probably a bit of a stretch considering what we know now. However, it was never really explained in any of the films.

It could have been Darth Maul. There's also the possibility that Sifo Dias could have been Palpatine's apprentice before Darth Maul, and then he had Maul kill him after the order was given, therefore completely erasing his tracks. We know Palpatine gets a kick out of using people and then having them destroyed once they've served their purpose (Dooku and Anakin). I suppose Sifo Dias could also have been Palpatine's master as well. After Palpatine finds out about the clone army, he kills him so that he has control of them instead. Considering Palpatine's well-laid plans, that seems unlikely to me, though.

Edited by Radardog, 09 April 2008 - 08:25 PM.

Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#5 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

Since there had been no standing Republic army or Navy since the New Sith Wars, the debate of whether or not to attain one had lasted over several hundred years. Most of the time, the Jedi were called on as "diplomats with teeth," and it was left simply at that. Then, Sifo-Dyas, being strongly gifted with precognition, sensed even moreso than the rest of the Jedi Council the dark times to come ahead and surreptitiously ordered the Clone Army without the approval of the Council. Naturally, when Palpatine found out (told by Dooku when he left the Order) he took great interest in the army and their emergency procedures, one of which, of course, being Order 66. Palpatine's final test for Dooku was to kill Sifo-Dyas and have him take over the project himself. The first of the Imperial Stormtroopers were Jango Fett's surviving progeny, but they were supplemented by other clones and ultimately humans (the first human recruits in 9 BBY), although only humans. At the time of the Galactic Civil War, 1/3 of the stormtroopers were clones.

Wookieepedia

EDIT: Oh wow, didn't see how long ago this had been posted :lol: Oh well, hope you see it.

Edited by Melvin, 25 August 2008 - 04:30 PM.

My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users