Cover artwork for TNG Intelligence Gathering #4 comic

4 replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

IDW editor Andrew Steven Harris sent to TrekWeb this exclusive first look at the cover artwork from Star Trek TNG: Intelligence Gathering, issue 4, from the pen of Joe Corroney. The cover features Deanna Troi, Bervely Crusher and Ro Laren. Here is how IDW describes the issue: When the Enterprise is the target of a mysterious futile attack, Captain Picard and crew find themselves in a mind-control mystery! Will Deanna Troi's empathic abilities prove to be an asset-or a deadly liability? From the creative team that brought you the hit Klingons: Blood Will Tell miniseries, Scott & David Tipton and David Messina. Cover shot below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

I have the first two issues, both are excellent. In the first issue Riker and Data are assigned to fix the supercomputer at the center of a federation data backup center. Is the computer becoming sentient or is there a far more dangerous explanation? The second has Worf practicing his skills as a diplomat, and you can imagine how Worf deals with diplomacy! :lol:

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement but I'm really enjoying this series and I don't want to give any spoilers!

Posted Image

#3 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

Not at all....actually, since seeing the beautifful artwork for the cover, you've piqued my interest. Where does one find this stuff? (Remember - you're talking to clueless here.) ;)

#4 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

Not at all....actually, since seeing the beautifful artwork for the cover, you've piqued my interest. Where does one find this stuff? (Remember - you're talking to clueless here.) ;)

There's several ways to get comics these days:
  • Buy the individual issues from your local comic shop. You can find comic shops near you by looking in the phone book or at comic-shop-locator or call 1-888-COMICBOOK (1-888-266-4226). Keep in mind that comic shops are all individually owned. Some cater to supernerds while others make an effort to attract casual fans and kids.
  • You can wait until after all the issues have been published individually. The publisher will then collect all of them into a trade paper back (TPB), which looks like a thin paper back book. You can buy those from book sellers like Amazon. Most brick-and-morter book stores should have some Star Trek TPBs in their graphic novel section right now since several have been released recently.
  • Order individual issues, subscriptions, or TPBs directly from IDW's online store.
Hopefully, I haven't given you info-overload. I keep trying to convince people that there's more to comics than the superhero genre. Comics can be a great medium to enjoy science fiction. It combines the visual element of a TV show or movie with the unlimited FXs budget of a novel. :D

Give Star Trek comics a try and I hope you enjoy them!

Edited by Aric, 11 March 2008 - 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Thanks, I think I will - if just to get that cover! And no - no such thing as info overload! I figure there's a ton of people like me out here who has a passing interest and just don't know where to begin! Thanks Aric!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users