Photo

Synopsis for David Mack's 'Gods of the Night' novel, first in Star Trek: Destiny trilogy

27 replies to this topic

#21 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]My stomach is so sick. Crusher pregant with Picard's kid? Troi will lose this pregancy AND will never be able to bear children again? WTF? THEN Admiral Paris is dead...Be'lanna's kid a Klingon god and she LEFT TOM?

They already killed off Janeway in Before Dishonor - they've proven they don't mind killing off another character...if only 11 ships are left at the end of all of this...perhaps it's because Pocketbooks knows how bad they phloxed things up...OH I'm so grrrrrrrr![/color]

This is why I write my own books. And also why they'll never get published - they clash so badly with some of the stupid decisions they're making for the continuing storylines.

Posted Image

#22 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

Well...about 3/4th of the way done with Destiny Book one. I think the people at PocketBooks smoke really bad dope. Now two of the story lines infuriate me to the point of illness. They're so off base it's seriously not even funny.

If I had the ability to surgically remove those stupid-ass (cahracter based) story lines, I would totally love this book so far. I'm liking the crossover aspect to it. The flow is actually quite good. But when I trip over those two aspects...I seriously get so angry I have to pace the room and find a way to lurch through it to get back to the good parts...

As much as I will HATE them if they eff with the characters at the end of this trilogy, I will be so grossly dissappointed if there if a deus ex machina resolution to their problems...

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]My stomach is so sick. Crusher pregant with Picard's kid? Troi will lose this pregancy AND will never be able to bear children again? WTF? THEN Admiral Paris is dead...Be'lanna's kid a Klingon god and she LEFT TOM?

They already killed off Janeway in Before Dishonor - they've proven they don't mind killing off another character...if only 11 ships are left at the end of all of this...perhaps it's because Pocketbooks knows how bad they phloxed things up...OH I'm so grrrrrrrr![/color]

BREATHE!!! It's going to be okay. :)

I managed to get my dirty little hands on a copy of the book on Friday, and finished it the same day.

There are parts of it I like, but I do agree with some of what you've brought up. I think it was a really good book, and I'm eager to see what happens next. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed in the next two books, or else I'll have to join you on the warpath. Promise.

#23 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

Seriously - they're the only things I have problems with. Everything else about [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] the Borg and the NX-02 and the Caeliar[/color] I'm totally loving...

#24 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:37 AM

Seriously - they're the only things I have problems with. Everything else about [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] the Borg and the NX-02 and the Caeliar[/color] I'm totally loving...

I hear ya. I started skimming though certain sections, you know, the ones [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]where they have Riker/Troi and Picard/Crusher sadness going on. Oh, what'd you think of Crusher slapping Picard?[/color]

Anyways, I still can't wait for the next book to come out. :)

#25 Williams

Williams

'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team 'Doctor Who' Researc

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

This may be of some interest to those following this thread: An interview with the books author:

http://www.comicmix....k-talks-destiny

Cant say much myself as i havn't yet burried my head into these novels and so the red censors above remain unseen.
"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King.

Posted Image- Targ & Duck Pub! Now open for business :)

#26 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

This may be of some interest to those following this thread: An interview with the books author:

http://www.comicmix....k-talks-destiny

Cant say much myself as i havn't yet burried my head into these novels and so the red censors above remain unseen.

Ooh, great article! Thanks for posting it. I'm glad that he's not looking for the reset button with this trilogy. :)

#27 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] Oh, what'd you think of Crusher slapping Picard?[/color]

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] I think it was seriously, SERIOUSLY out of character - but then again I think marriage is ENTIRELY out of character for Picard. So I think the whole stupid storyline for Picard blows chunks. Like way across the universe blows chunks....i hate it....loathe, despise cringe, [/color]

k....yeah, that's how I really feel.. :blush:

Edited by Terilynn, 30 September 2008 - 05:37 PM.

#28 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:23 PM

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] I think it was seriously, SERIOUSLY out of character - but then again I think marriage is ENTIRELY out of character for Picard. So I think the whole stupid storyline for Picard blows chunks. Like way across the universe blows chunks....i hate it....loathe, despise cringe, [/color]

k....yeah, that's how I really feel.. :blush:

LOL I'm glad you didn't hold back. :)

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]I'm not going to lie, I was surprised when the whole Picard/Crusher thing started in Death in Winter. I'm thinking it's throwing a bone to all the Picard/Crusher shippers out there. I also think that this relationship would have happened sooner or later... but that's based on the TNG episodes only, not the movies.

That being said, I have no opinion on the whole thing... it's just there in the book, though Picard WAS acting totally out of character. I mean, honestly... his whole attitude SUCKED. That's not the Picard I grew up idolizing. I watched TNG religiously from the age of three until it ended, when I was like, 9. He never had such a horrible attitude about anything.[/color]

I'm hoping this gets fixed in the next books, or there might be hell to pay.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users