Photo

Which character do you hate the most from DS9?

219 replies to this topic

#201 kos grl

kos grl

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:06 PM

Kai Winn was actually a really good character portrayed by an excellent actress. She was always trouble for Major Kira and Sisko.

I have to agree! Kai Winn was really irritating and conniving and she did a really good job of getting under our skin. She was a realistic portrayal of how a lot of people come to power, by scheming and betraying others.
yISuv qoj yIHegh!

#202 Weyoun5

Weyoun5

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

i wouldnt say i really hated anyone but Garak kind of scared me that guy was seriously creepy
even in the worst of times someone turns a profit

#203 Kedi

Kedi

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

I'm not sure 'hate' is the right word, but I've always disliked Damar. Especially after he killed Ziyal. That was just plain mean, if you ask me. Kai Winn is also on my list, but that is probably half and half because she's annoying/mean/arrogant and because to me Louise Fletcher will always be Nurse Ratchet. Wesley is a given, he's the biggest Gary Stu in the Trek universe. Who else? For the longest time I found Kira annoying as heck, but was surprised to find that she eventually got... less annoying. Weird. Can't really tell when it happened, either. But the last few seasons... not so bad.

If unique is what you seek then bizarre is what we are!

#204 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

Kai Winn definitely! But it's a tribute to the talent of the amazing Louise Fletcher more than anything else, she's by far the best actor on DS9 and the only actor in her league in Trek is Patrick Stewart, who had much the bigger role to make an impression.
First season puppy Dr Bashir really annoyed me. He got a decent character development though, and by the end he was one of my favorite characters.
Vedek Bareil was a creep, and I never liked Kira much, but then, I just thought the Bajorans were all annoying (they have brains of tofu thanks to their religion, much as I enjoy DS9 my hope is that when the Galactic federation visits us, the main entry requirement will be that the majority of the population lacks religious belief/superstitions). The only time I really liked Kira was when she helped the Cardassian revolution against the Dominion.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#205 americanstalker

americanstalker

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

First season puppy Dr Bashir really annoyed me. He got a decent character development though, and by the end he was one of my favorite characters.

-

Yeah, he seemed to suffer from "foot-in-mouth" disease at first, but it got better as the show went on. He is also one of my favorites, and that is because I have a soft spot for geeks :naughty3dg:

I would have to concur with everyone though and say that I really disliked Kai Winn. I just wanted to reach through and slap her every time I saw her.

#206 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Kai Winn definitely! But it's a tribute to the talent of the amazing Louise Fletcher more than anything else, she's by far the best actor on DS9 and the only actor in her league in Trek is Patrick Stewart, who had much the bigger role to make an impression.
Vedek Bareil was a creep, and I never liked Kira much, but then, I just thought the Bajorans were all annoying (they have brains of tofu thanks to their religion, much as I enjoy DS9 my hope is that when the Galactic federation visits us, the main entry requirement will be that the majority of the population lacks religious belief/superstitions). The only time I really liked Kira was when she helped the Cardassian revolution against the Dominion.

Yes...I can never put my finger on why DS9 drives me crazy. Usually I say that it is too Soap Opera-y..but this is a good example. Bajorans were sort of cartoons of religious zealots and or oppressed peoples...Kira was alright, but she really didn't have that edge that I think a character with her past should embody. I would have liked to see her be even more volitile...constantly reigning herself in...so to speak. Then again...that is also my complaint about Voyager. How "Starfleet" they all become.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#207 Ezri

Ezri

Ensign

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

Sure, I hate Ezri Dax the most.

#208 Captain Ezri Dax

Captain Ezri Dax

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

My viewpoint. It I have to pick someone that was bad. I have to say Odo. He was fine in the first season. He just become the same year after year without really dealing with growth. Sure, he had Kira but we really in my judgment did not get personal growth with Odo the man.

#209 siondark1

siondark1

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

It's between gul dukat and ky winn, I laugh my head off at weyoun.

#210 Baconnaise

Baconnaise

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

I have to say my least favorite character per show is...

DS9 - Odo/Ezri
TNG - Wesley/Pulaski/Troi(useless counselor mammary)/Barkley/Tasha Yar
Voyager - The whole cast minus the doctor
Enterprise - The whole cast

Edited by Baconnaise, 10 March 2010 - 02:26 PM.

Because Every Meal Should Taste Like Bacon

#211 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

Major Kira. I just don't like her for some reason.

#212 Girltrekkie

Girltrekkie

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

THE CHARACTOR I HATED AND HECK I WANTED TO KICK HER BUT WAS THE WOMAN I CAN'T REMEMBER HER NAME BUT SHE WAS THE RELIGIOUS ONE WHO TURNED AND WANTED TO BE WITH THE EVIL PROFIT CAN'T REMEMBER THAT EITHER. NOW I REMEMBER HER NAME IT WAS THE "KI" SHE WAS ALWAYS DOING THE OPOSITE OF SISKO AND WAS JUST CASING TROUBLE FOR SISKO.

hmmm...I don't know about deep space nine, but Tuvok bugged me and Dr. Pulaski....

#213 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

watched DS9 again and to my surprise I find
Sisko to annoying for words.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#214 dirtpeach

dirtpeach

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

When a fictional villain is hated with so much gusto, then that's a very good villain. Kai Winn and Gul Dukat are the best in Trek by far.

When a good guy is hated, then that guy must be really annoying. At worst I'm lukewarm to major characters in every series EXCEPT Wesley for being an insufferable know-it-all AND McCoy for being a idiot. It's even worse considering the TOS Enterprise was full of idiots who lasted only 1 episode.

#215 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

I also didn't like Quark.

#216 Locky Log

Locky Log

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

good question ....

Keiko O'Brien was probably one of the few characters that made me cringe every time .... dull

Perhaps the only thing I really hated about DS9 was the constant talk about "THE resistance" ... very annoying ...
For a people with thousands of years of rich culture, they sure had nothing else to talk about.

how can one hate Kai Winn and Gul Dukat? - They were so much fun to watch and probably even more fun to portrayal.

Edited by Locky Log, 03 February 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#217 CTrill

CTrill

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

The only character that really irritated me was Ezri Dax.

#218 Shawn O'Neal

Shawn O'Neal

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

To be honest Jake Sisko and Nog were the most annoying to me.
And I loves Ezri it was her contrast to Jadszia that made her special to me.
Oh and Worf he just peeved me off comming over to DS9 he just never fit to me.

#219 Commander Brock

Commander Brock

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Lets see

-Julian's friends from the institute....they bug the hell out of me!!
-Kai Winn
-Odo when he becomes Kurzon
-The grand nagus...when he's on the episode....you know it's one of those dumb Ferengi centered episodes.
-Moogie
Posted Image Posted Image

#220 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

I didn't like Rom, Quark's brother ... dunno why. It's probably got something to do with a dumb ferengi .... <_<

Rom's a genius, lay off lol

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users