Enterprise D - Art Asylum!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Stevie

Stevie

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

After years of waiting, it's FINALLY coming, reported for release in August, but we'll see. This is the one I've been wanting since they released the NX-01! I know I sound like a geek, but what the heck! lol!

Posted Image

I saw this reported on trekweb with links to the toy fair report, which also includes pics of new DS9, borg (Voyager) and Motion picture figures.

The full report can be found here.
"You may say i'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon - "Imagine"

Somewhere in the night, inside my dreams you burn so bright, and I'm with you there and everything's alright. - Scott Bakula - "Somewhere in the night"

The secret of life is a good cuppa' coffee, the secret of life's keep ya eye on the ball, the secret of life is there's no secret at all! - Faith Hill - "The secret of life"

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:50 AM

Any idea if the saucer seperates?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

I already have one, but this one looks really cool.

#4 Stevie

Stevie

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

I dunno if the saucer seperates, but it doesn't mention anything about it in the description.

Somewhere in the night, inside my dreams you burn so bright, and I'm with you there and everything's alright. - Scott Bakula - "Somewhere in the night"

The secret of life is a good cuppa' coffee, the secret of life's keep ya eye on the ball, the secret of life is there's no secret at all! - Faith Hill - "The secret of life"

#5 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

It looks great, but if AA/DST have as many delays as they usually do with their ships, it may be may of 2009 before it comes out, or later. They could surprise us and put it out on time though. There will be a "All Good things" version, and no doubt a "Battle damaged" version sometime down the road as well.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#6 Stevie

Stevie

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

...but if AA/DST have as many delays as they usually do with their ships, it may be may of 2009 before it comes out, or later.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too! Hmm...I'm willing to let them surprise me though..:-)

#7 Stevie

Stevie

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:59 AM

Just read on the art asylum website that the saucer WILL seperate!

Here's an exact quote:

'I understand that the saucer will separate. It did not do so in the prototype pictured because the deadline for the show was looming and the model had to be completed for show display . There is much more going on with that prototype than is shown in the still images. You guys are going to love it!'

There are some more pics aswell. You can see some add ons to the Ent D here which looks like they've just been placed over the top of the model to show how the 'All good things' Enterprise will look.

Pictures are not mine!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now THIS is MY Enterprise...the one that got me hooked on Star Trek. Can't wait to get this!

#8 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:48 PM

Looks beautiful, much sleeker than the old Playmates version.

Posted Image

#9 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

Oh man, that looks so cool. Saucer seperation=:drool:

#10 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,647 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Cool model.Me really like. :thumbsup: But i think what legendary ds9 will be best if was make model station.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#11 478043

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

That enterprise model really looks nice, i have been looking around for a similar model.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users