Was Ezri Dax boring?

30 replies to this topic

#21 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:17 AM

Ezri gets a bad rap, bless her - she wasn't boring, I wouldn't say.

She just wasn't Jadzia, but then she was never meant to be. The point of Ezri was that she was thrust into hosting Dax and had to really find herself, but given she only got one season (and given the millions of plots circling around her!) she never really had the chance to make her mark.

I liked her, though. And her relationship with both Bashir and Worf.

Truer words have never been said. :)

#22 badbob

badbob

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

If you watched DS9 Ezri's character makes perfect sense, her character was overloaded with the complexity of the other hosts. She wasen't on the receiving list of Dax hosts

#23 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

Welcome to TU badbob!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#24 smierlo

smierlo

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

I think a lot of episodes in Season 7 were full with Ezri. Especially the first two. She had her own investigation, her story-arc with worf, quark and bashir. When she's going after worf, in the final arc. Also she was prominent featured in the siege of AR-558. So a lot of Ezri.

And beside that. She is very beautiful :D. It's a pity she's married and around 10 years older :P.
Posted Image

#25 Ben_Jamin

Ben_Jamin

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

Ezri wasn't boring. She was, however, kind of pointless. The only point I saw to the character was as a way to make Worf uncomfortable and to make Julian hot under the collar like how Jadzia was used in the early seasons.
http://ds-10.starfleetuk.org <--- USS Paladin, Sovereign Class, Obsidian Fleet
http://anne.epsilonf...x.php?page=main <--- USS Anne, Ambassador Class, Epsilon Force

"A Female's in the House, She Must be Mounted." - Alan Harper About Charlie Harper's sleeping with Judith's new sister-in-law, Two and a Half Men

#26 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

Ezri wasn't boring. She was, however, kind of pointless. The only point I saw to the character was as a way to make Worf uncomfortable and to make Julian hot under the collar like how Jadzia was used in the early seasons.

I don't think she was pointless... I think they wanted to keep Dax and move in a new direction with her/it. They did manage to use Ezri in a way that helped advance the main storyline.

#27 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

I don't think she was pointless... I think they wanted to keep Dax and move in a new direction with her/it. They did manage to use Ezri in a way that helped advance the main storyline.

True, Terry Ferrell wanted to leave and the DS9 writers actually handled the situation fairly well and Ezri ended up being key character in a number of really good 7th season episodes.
Gone...

#28 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

Ezri suffered from a severe lack of character development. They writers did very little to set her apart from being anything more than Jadzia's ghost.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#29 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Was Ezri Dax boring on DS9?

She could have been a little stronger but we know how wild and strong the mirror Ezri was.

You tell me, would she have been much stronger it she was just a little bit taller?

And that would work... how? I think you have rather missed the point here. She was never intended to be as strong as Jadzia. She was young and lacked confidence, her arc was how she developed from this position. That was her story.

#30 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

She just didn't have enough time :sadangel:
Do you like my fish?

#31 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Ezri Dax boring? I think not, in fact I thought she was sexy as hell. Right down to the spots, sexy ass, and pretty face.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users