Photo

Favorite Season

48 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite Season of Voyager (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite Season of Voyager

1. Season 1 (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

2. Season 2 (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

3. Season 3 (3 votes [6.38%])

4. Voted Season 4 (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

5. Season 5 (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

6. Season 6 (3 votes [6.38%])

7. Season 7 (24 votes [51.06%])

Percentage of vote: 51.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

Oh, I get a different picture. What I know there were some discord behind the curtains and some actors were very unhappy with how the writers and producers neglected their characters.

Yes, it's been no secret that Robert Beltran has very vocaly criticised the show, which personaly I do look down on him for. I think it was in very poor taste for him to trash the show the way he did while the show was still filming. If he was that unhappy he should have quit rather then to bash the show yet continue to collect the paychecks

and I've also heard that Kate Mulgrew and Jeri Ryan had some tension, but as a group everyone always said they were very close and happy together. Even cast members from TNG and DS9 comment on how close the Voyager cast was.

#42 Lynx6776

Lynx6776

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:13 PM

Well, personally I agree with Robert Beltran. He was right in his criticizm and I admire him for having the guts to speak out about the sloppy writing and how the producers neglected some of the actors and their characters.

And Beltran wasn't the only dissatisfied cast member.

#43 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I don't think it's right for someone to say bad things about their employer and continue to work there and collect their money.

#44 Section47

Section47

Ensign

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

I voted for Season Four.

I'd say critically the strongest of all seven. It's opened with probably the best of it's Borg stories, delivered it's two best mid-season two-parters in 'The Year of Hell' (despite my annoyance at the reset button) and 'The Killing Game', introduced the Hirogen well, plus strong solo episodes such as 'Message in a Bottle', 'The Omega Directive' or 'Living Witness'.
Posted Image

MZP: Fiction never tasted so good!

#45 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

Of course 7-season. Episode:"Renissans man", "End game" and many othe episodes. Best season in all series, but this my IMHO.

#46 Chief Cottingham

Chief Cottingham

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

I liked season 1 the best.

#47 Dillkid

Dillkid

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

Season 5 for me!

#48 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

i liked season 4 but 7 was pretty good too.

#49 NMdum1

NMdum1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

It's interesting that there's so many votes for Season 7. If you split the show into Before Jeri Ryan and After Jeri Ryan, I actually thought Season 7 was the worst of the last half. There was a build-up, of sorts, to a finale based on false premises that it was Janeway who should face off against the Borg Queen. I never thought it should have been. I thought it ought to have been Seven, turning on her ex-Queen and destroying her, freeing herself from servitude once and for all. I detest Tom Paris but I had pretty much accepted that he and B'Elanna were going to last out the show, though I found Lineage to be derivitive and rehashing the journey of self-acceptance that was what I thought Barge of the Dead was supposed to be for no good reason at all. There was basically no character arcs, only things thrown in haphazardly along the way, conveniently writing out Neelix, Baby Paris, disposing of the Borg kids as soon as possible and the horror unto God that was Human Error. The Maquis status wasn't used meaningfully, nor was the potential fate of those two Borg, Seven and Icheb, actually dealt with, they just killed her off off-screen in the finale so they didn't need to deal with it.

As far as Before JR, to coin a phrase, the show took a good long while to get any good. There was definitely promise in the last half of the third season, Worst Case Scenario has to be a stand-out for that year. It just took the Borg to get the show actually going someplace. With Scorpion, the show suddenly became about something. The nature of humanity and individuality, the balance between the individual and the group, social norms, all this stuff from the point of view of somebody who found this intensely alien and played by an actor actually skilled enough to pull it off. Yes, there's a good argument to say that there was an awful lot of Seven in that 4th season, but then again, was Harry Kim or Neelix or Chakotay gonna set the screen alight? Probably not, they were supporting players. The writers had their muse and during the 4th and to a lesser extent the 5th season, the writing had a level of coherency to it that it lacked otherwise, that's why I picked Season 4 as my favourite.

And by the way, I would rather they threw Harry Kim overboard than Kes. Kes at least had a bit of a backbone about her as Warlord showed very clearly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users