Photo

TNG - A Time to... Novels

8 replies to this topic

#1 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek of course, theatre, films, music, reading and writing.

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

I just got eight of the nine of them as a gift....Has anybody read these? If so...what are your thoughts?....

I mean, I'll still read them even if you hated them but i'm curious!

#2 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts
  • Interests:For this forum - 'Star Trek' obviously! I write fan fiction and am currently in the process of writing a planned series of fan novels based on the joint adventures of Jean-Luc Picard and Shinzon (it's amazing what you can do with a bit of bad science and a huge amount of imagination!). Actually, I've been trekking since 1969 and I love all Star Trek. I have books galore and I collect Art Asylum 7" Star Trek figures as well.Apart from that I love movies, reading, music and occasionally making my own art.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:41 AM

^^^They fill in the time between [i]Insurrection[/i] and [i]Nemesis[/i] pretty well. I own some and read them a while ago. They are pretty good, and if you like the idea of Picard and his ship being in deep trouble and out of favour for quite a long period then you'll enjoy the pathos. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#3 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:44 AM

I just finished the fist one and found myself jumping directly to the second. So far...so good!

Edited by Terilynn, 09 February 2008 - 09:44 AM.

#4 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts
  • Interests:For this forum - 'Star Trek' obviously! I write fan fiction and am currently in the process of writing a planned series of fan novels based on the joint adventures of Jean-Luc Picard and Shinzon (it's amazing what you can do with a bit of bad science and a huge amount of imagination!). Actually, I've been trekking since 1969 and I love all Star Trek. I have books galore and I collect Art Asylum 7" Star Trek figures as well.Apart from that I love movies, reading, music and occasionally making my own art.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

^^^I'm glad you like it! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#5 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

So. I've finished the first two. I'm happy again. In two books the author was able to keep me turning pages like I was burning them. I was thrilled with the Wesley character in these books as well. Ahhhhh. Now on to A Time to...Sow. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#6 StarTrekChuck

StarTrekChuck

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, collecting screen used movie props, replica props, music, movies, Directing, Photography, and STAR TREK!!!!!!!!!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

I just ordered like 9 different Star Trek TNG books off Amazon. Ill review each of them if you would like, and I can share if you would like to share. My wife and I read SOOO much. haha

Anyway, have a good night!

==Chuck
----------- ------------- ------------

“With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, changes us all irrevokably. The first time any man’s freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.”

Captain Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satee

Posted Image

#7 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

Loverly! Thanks Chuck! I'm deep into book three....I like it!

#8 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

[quote name='Terilynn' post='620914' date='Feb 29 2008, 03:37 PM']Loverly! Thanks Chuck! I'm deep into book three....I like it![/quote]

How's the rest of the series? I've read one of the books, but it was one of the last ones. Is it worth me going back and buying the whole series?

#9 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

Well - so far, I'm in book 4 - I have to say I'm enjoying these much more than the post- Nemesis books. The writier's can't really Phlox with canon so much! I've been chewing trhough them when I do sit down to read them!

Now that my stomach has settled after the First Destiny Book I think I'm going to pick up Book 5 and move on...so I'd rate them 4/5 so far....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users