Gatekeeper! A new Scandinavian fan film project

20 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:53 AM

Star Trek: Gatekeeper A Norwegian (but English language) movie, made in cooperation with fans in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Spain and The US.

It is 2887 and a stationary Nexus appears just above the Mars Colony. Billions of different species from across the entire Galaxy swarm through the Alpha Quadrant in the hope of eternal life inside the Nexus. In 2892 the Federation is asked to build a space station, the biggest structure in Starfleet history, to keep people away from the Nexus.

So far the producers have invited four sci-fi celebrities to join the cast of Gatekeeper for a cameo. The website is a portal for a future 'web station' as well as the movie and will answer questions about these two projects. The Station is to open the 13th of September at Trekkers Norway Con Warp 2008 and the movie is to start shooting the summer of 2009, during the Oslo Sci-Fi Festival, but the entire production will take up to three years. The first shoot will concentrate on the opening of the movie, as well as the vignette. These sequences will also be the Trailers for the movie, and will most likely be released in January 2010 and in May 2010.
For more information, checkout Timo Vuorensola's Iron Sky Blog from way back in July 29.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

So far there are 15 countries involved with the Gatekeeper production - and more on their way in!
We are hoping for Africa, China, Russia and Japan.

http://www.startrekgatekeeper.com/

I couldn't edit my post, so here is the updated version of the map ;)

Posted Image

#3 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

Fixed ;)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#4 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

The new and updated Gatekeeper home page will open sometime after Christmas. :)

#5 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

Wow! I am impressed. :bowdown:
Gone...

#6 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Sweet! :thumbsup:

#7 hudson

hudson

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Since you only have England listed but Scotland also shaded, make sure the person isn't from Scotland ;)

#8 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

Since you only have England listed but Scotland also shaded, make sure the person isn't from Scotland ;)

Hehe, I'm not the one who made the picture and I don't know if there is someone from Scotland involved, but I'll ask Thomas ;)

#9 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

These actors are confirmed so far:

Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar from TNG)
Mark Allen Shepherd (Morn from DS9)
Christer Fuglesang (Astronaut)
James Cawley (Phase II)
Bobby Rice (Phase II)
Martin Zetterlund (Chackie Chan's stunt team)
Stefan Ã…kesson (World Champion Freestyle Skateboard)
Roger Nygard (Producer of Trekkies 1 & 2)
Barbara Adams (Trekkies 1 & 2)
Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard (Norwegian astronomer)

Posted Image

The most important part of doing a big fan production is building international networks. These are only a few posters created by the Gatekeeper producers for partners contributing to our project.

(Iron Sky, Origins, Threads of Destiny, Ingen FÃ¥r Veta and Discshop)

Posted Image

The first concept painting made of the Gatekeeper station, with terraformed Mars as background and the stationary Nexus attached to the station. Down to the left the moon Phobos.

#10 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

Wow so Thomas is really getting in gear on this now, eh?
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#11 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

Front of our new info folder for partners and sponsors. To be downloaded or posted.

Posted Image

New and improved logo for the Gatekeeper movie!

Posted Image

Leslie Hoffman - Hollywood stunt woman from Voyager (B'Elanna Torres dubble) and DS9, as well as a large number of huge TV and movie productions. Now part of the Gatekeeper cast.

Posted Image

Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard - Astronomer and expert on Mars will be doing a cameo and advising us on the physics of Mars and astronomy in general to get everything right!

Posted Image

Martin Zetterlund - Stuntman from Jacke Chan's stunt team in Hong Kong will be doing several stunt and fight scenes in Gatekeeper, as well as the part Luke Skywalker.

#12 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:18 AM

Gatekeeper Concept slides

A MTC (Multi Talent Cooperation) movie with professionals, semi-professionals and talented amateurs from 16 countries on a voluntary basis - and YOU may join in (as artist or actor).

"Gatekeeper" is a 90 min Sci-Fi and a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover with original actors/producers participating, as well as other celebs! Copyright: Paramount Pictures, LucasFilm and MindMeld Productions/4Fathers.

These slides are simple concepts only, but will give you some idea of what the movie will contain. First shoot is November 2009 - in Sweden and Norway. Sorry about the somewhat narrow format on the slide show! I'll change it when there's time!

#13 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Updates coming soon!
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#14 Thomas Dahl

Thomas Dahl

Gatekeeper producer

• VIP
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

Dear Trekkie friends!

It's been a while since we first presented Gatekeeper with some very basic information. The production has warped ahead since then and so it's time to give you all an update on what has most certainly become the biggest fan production as of yet.

Gatekeeper is an international fan production based in Norway and Sweden. It has more than 600 actors and artists from 48 different countries participation, and a number of original Star Trek AND Star Wars cast and crew, as well as several local and international celebs outside these shows.

The productions started 5 years ago with an extensive pre-production, and had three main goals:
- To further develop the fan production methods by creating an efficient method of networking and crowd sourcing. We have chosen to call this method MTC (multi Talent Co-operation).
- To create a Gatekeeper production bible were we present how the movie was created in great detail, and how we overcome the obstacles on the way. This will be offered to anyone interested in doing fan productions, but has a problem finding their way around problems like budget, facilities, special effects, celeb actors and so on.
- Building a huge international network between the producers who feel like co-operation with each other to fill in the types of knowhow lacking in the production.

Gatekeeper is a crossover between Star Trek and Star Wars, which most likely sound cheesy and not very logical, but we have developed half a mountain of research and plausible explanations for every single argument we were given when we first presented the possibility, and I feel comfortable that the result will please both fan bases.

The story is set about 550 years after Voyager, in the year 2889 when a stationary nexus suddenly appears above the terra-formed planet Mars. Aliens from the entire galaxy are creating a total chaos in their attempt to enter it in pursuit of eternal life.

The station Gatekeeper is built by the United Federation of Planets to keep everyone at a distance from the Nexus, and a team of genetically engineered aliens is hired to run the station under Captain Elisabeth Janeway (16 generations after Voyager's Kathryn Janeway).

After a long days work Janeway is surprised in her private quarters by two androids, warning her of a powerful warlord on his way to destroy the station - to look for his long lost love inside the Nexus.

As the warlord closes in an arm from the Nexus reaches out and embrace the station. At first nothing seems to happen until historic figures from the Starfleet past are deposited on the bridge. The finest captains of Starfleet are back - ready to join the fight.

I'll post some graphics shortly! :)

#15 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

Thanks Thomas, looking forward to the updates and Welcome to TU!

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#16 Thomas Dahl

Thomas Dahl

Gatekeeper producer

• VIP
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Here we go! A few samples of concepts, mattes, costumes, posters and behind the scene:

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

#17 Thomas Dahl

Thomas Dahl

Gatekeeper producer

• VIP
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

...and some more:

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

#18 Thomas Dahl

Thomas Dahl

Gatekeeper producer

• VIP
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

...and a few more:

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

My link

#19 Thomas Dahl

Thomas Dahl

Gatekeeper producer

• VIP
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

A bit strange that the text for each photo doesn't follow the link, but this should direct you to the album were the pics are found - text included:

My link

#20 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

Actually I don't know why you didn't use the img code instead of the URL one :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users