9 replies to this topic

#1 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hello, everyone!

We wanted to announce our second annual GALAXY OF STARS: SCI-FI CELEBRATION and let you know tickets are now on sale. We had a great first event last year and are looking forward to the 2008 convention. Details are below. Please contact us if you have questions or need additional information.

We appeciate all the support we received from our patrons in '07, and hope to see you all this coming May!

Sincerely,
The staff at JimmyTone Records and Productions

GALAXY OF STARS: SCI-FI CELEBRATION
May 2-4, 2008
Regency Hotel and Convention Center
Jackson, Mississippi

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

GALAXY OF STARS: UPDATE!

MORE GUESTS ANNOUNCED!
*CONNOR TRINNEER
*SUZIE PLAKSON
*MAX GRODENCHIK
*TRACY SCOGGINS
*RICHARD HATCH
(Robert Picardo apologizes that he has to withdraw because of an unforeseen professional committment which will require him to be filming during that weekend. He promised to return for a future event.)

There are a limited number of ALL ACCESS passes with reserved seating on rows 1 and 2 that are beginning to pick up in sales. We have a great host hotel this year with a FANTASTIC room rate of only $79.00/night.

Please help us make this the BEST event ever by spreading the word to your fellow fans, clubs, etc. We welcome fan clubs and are happy to put together a special package for groups. Please visit our website for contact info.

All guests listed above are CONFIRMED and will be participating in ALL events (autographs, photo ops, dining events, onstage, parties, etc.). We hope you will be able to join us.

Thanks,
JJ

GALAXY OF STARS '08
May 2-4, 2008
Regency Hotel and Convention Center
Jackson, Mississippi

#3 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

GALAXY OF STARS '08 UPDATE:

Hi, Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know we've put together a special ticket package just for CONNOR fans who are interested in attending GALAXY OF STARS '08. These special packages will go on sale to the general public on Valentine's Day (Feb. 14th) but will be made available to our Electronic Newsletter Subscribers a day earlier.

These packages will be extremely limited. I invite you all to sign up for our newsletter so that you can be one of the first to hear about it. We will offer a pre-sale to our subscribers on the evening of Feb. 13th, and then post it on our website sometime on Valentine's Day (if any tix are left).

You may visit our website at www.JimmyToneRecords.com to sign up for the newsletter or contact us directly if you have any questions. Please be assured your subscriber info will NOT be shared with any third parties. It is strictly for our promotional purposes.

As always, thank you, and I hope to see you all in May! Let me know if you have any questions.

JJ

#4 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

GALAXY OF STARS '08 UPDATE:

Hello, again!

Just letting everyone know, we've marked the remaining reserved seating packages down to almost cost this week in order to make it more affordable for more fans and to strenghthen our turnout.

For you Enterprise/Connor fans, seats at Connor's tables during the Celebrity Dining Events are selling. I'm not sure what other conventions are providing these days, but the Celebrity Dining Events at GALAXY OF STARS are just about as close to going on a date with Connor as you can get. He's also agreed to appear at the meet and greet socials, too (Friday Night Launch Party & exclusive VIP Reception prior to Saturday night's banquet). There are several seats available for purchase at the other Celebrities' tables, too; but, Connor's tables are selling out the fastest.

The discounted package deals are located at http://www.jimmytone...es/Page1398.htm. You can goto the EVENTS page at http://www.jimmytone...les/Page637.htm to check out how many seats are available for purchase at each table. I'm updating the counts daily.

Our website is located at www.JimmyToneRecords.com with our contact info in case you have any additional questions, concerns, etc. I know there are other larger more established events popping up all over the place this year, and everyone is being forced to be more selective in their spending. But, I do hope you all will consider giving GALAXY OF STARS a try. We have excellent feedback from past patrons (available on website).

Thanks again for reading. I hope to see you all in May!

Take care,
JJ

#5 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

GALAXY OF STARS '08 Back On Schedule for September 26-28

Hello, everyone!

We just announced that we have rescheduled GALAXY OF STARS '08 for this coming September 26-28, at The Regency Hotel and Convention Center in Jackson, Mississippi. We are still compiling our guest list and finishing up other details, but we wanted to let you know so you can go ahead and mark your calendars.

Tickets are not officially on sale at this time, HOWEVER, you may add your name to the reservations list for the VIP TICKET. We are only offering one version of the VIP ticket for this event, which will include autographs, special event admission, collector's badge, and whatever else we can offer. The VIP ticket will retail around $149 per person and will include seating on rows 1-3. There will be very few FRONT ROW seats available. So, I encourage you all to contact us ASAP to get on the waiting list for the choice front row seats. It is a strong possibility we will be offering all our tickets for sale through TicketMaster for this event because of some of the guests we are negotiating with. As you know, TM has a far reach when it comes to advertising and selling tickets. We will still offer advanced ticket sales through our internet store. But, once they go up on TicketMaster, it's anyone's game.

To get the latest info, updates, etc., please be sure you have signed up to receive our electronic newsletter. You may sign up by visiting our OFFICIAL JIMMYTONE RECORDS WEBSITE. We will be working diligently to keep our website updated in the meantime. Please be patient with us during the updating process. If you visit our website and don't see the answers to your questions, please email us. We just sent out an announcement to our subscribers that included our current status on celebrity guests, anticipated prices for tickets, etc. If you'd like to receive that update, please subscribe to our electronic newsletter. We will be re-sending that update out to all new subscribers in the next few days.

One more thing...

In regards to the recent cancellations by JumpCon and the problems FedCon USA encountered, I was aware of what happened at the FedCon event, but I did not find out about JumpCon until after I had announced the rescheduling of GALAXY OF STARS '08. I do not know those guys at JumpCon and cannot really give an opinion. But, I do know Tim Brazeal and some of the guys associated with TrekUnited who promoted the FedCon USA event. All I can say is that the convention business, especially for newcomers (like us at JTR), can bring with it some baggage and risk. It takes several shows before celebrities and their agents consider you to be a "proven" commodity. Sometimes things happen that are totally out of the promoter's control, such as what we experienced when we tried to put on our GOS event this past May. And EVERYONE - promoters, celebrities, and fans - assume risks when planning for these conventions.

I will vouch for Tim and say that I think he is a very decent and honorable man, especially when it comes to fans. Still, to this day, it just boggles my mind the efforts he made to save ST:ENT. So, I ask fans, celebrities, agents, etc., to please be understanding and respectful. We all know the ups and downs of the covnention business. But, I'm asking everyone to hang in there and to please continue to support the smaller events like Vulkon, FedCon USA, Galaxy of Stars, etc. We are working hard to keep fandom alive and well and keep you in touch with your favorite celebrities as best we can.

We at JimmyTone Records will do our best to provide you a quality event at the most affordable price as possible. And I promise you, we are not in the habit of misleading fans. If you hear it from us, it's truth as it's been negotiated, agreed upon, signed, sealed, delivered, etc. I personally, am the biggest fan of all and the most disappointed of all if our event does not take place. So, I assure you, we at JTR will be doing everything to satisfy our fans.

In closing, I personally want to thank you for your time and support and thank Tim Brazeal and his staff for the wonderful things they do to help keep Star Trek alive and well. I very much hope to see you all in Jackson this upcoming September. Please contact me at anytime, and remember to get your name on the reservation/wait list for the VIP tickets.

Blessings to you all!

James Jackson
Owner/CEO, JimmyTone Records and Productions
Lead Promoter, Galaxy of Stars

#6 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

GALAXY OF STARS '08 BACK ON SCHEDULE - SPECIAL EVENT CONFIRMED!

SCI-FI FILMFEST and COMICON

featuring Dinner and a Movie with DS9's CHASE MASTERSON
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Four Points Sheraton - New Orleans

Posted Image

For Tickets and/or More Information:
EVENT WEBSITE or BUY TICKETS!

ACTIVITIES PLANNED:
  • Special film screenings of Chase's new film "YESTERDAY WAS A LIE"
  • Special Film Screening of "STAR TREK: OF GODS AND MEN"
  • Fan Film Screenings (SCREENING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE - Contact us to submit your film for consideration!)
  • Q&A, Photo Ops, Autograph Signings by Chase
  • Dealer Room (Vendor Tables Now Available!)
  • Saturday Night Dinner Banquet
  • Special Musical Performance by Chase following Dinner
  • This is an all-day event with screenings throughout the day. Some special activities/screenings with Chase require separate tickets. Visit website for more details. THIS EVENT IS CONFIRMED! Visit CHASE'S WEBSITE to verify.

#7 Caprica6

Caprica6

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

I love Chase, she is so very sweet! She just needs to dress more her age

#8 JacksJam

JacksJam

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

I love Chase, she is so very sweet! She just needs to dress more her age

Yeah, I've met Chase before and have spent a great deal of time with her over the phone. She's absolutely fantastic! I've also pre-screened her film "Yesterday Was A Lie," and it is great! Any fan of Trek and/or sci-fi in general is going to really love this movie. I don't know if it was intended, but it had a very "DS9" feel to it thematically. As far as her dressing, I'm a guy, so, what can I say?

But, back to a more serious note, I'm a music producer and full-time entertainer, and I've got to say, Chase is WAAAYYY under-rated as an actress and ESPECIALLY as a vocal entertainer. I've seen her live before at one of the Vegas shows under less than ideal circumstances because we all know that the Hilton doesn't give a you-know-what about Trek fans. But, I've got to be flat honest with you all in saying I was blown away by Chase in this film. Anyone who knows me knows I don't give out compliments lightly. I can guarantee she's gonna give our GOS fans a heck of show!

So, I hope you can come to the show. Please tell your friends about it because we want to have a good showing for Chase in The Big Easy. She's done alot to help out hurricane victims in our area. So, I hope we can return the favor for her.

Thanks again!

JJ of JimmyTone Records / Galaxy of Stars

#9 Hal

Hal

Asst. Groups Co-Ord - GEAUX TIGERS

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

I just got back from Galaxy and had a fantastic time. Chase is a doll. Will post more and pictures later. Bottom line, the next Galaxy of the Stars is a must go to event. Hal
"But I firmly believe that in any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - VICTORIOUS." Vince Lombardi

Geaux Tigers!
WHO DAT TALKIN' 'BOUT BEATEN DEM SAINTS

#10 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Thanks Hal, looking forward to seeing the pics.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users