Photo

Rate "A Taste of Armageddon" (TOS Remastered Season 2)

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "A Taste of Armageddon" (4 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this TOS episode?

1. A (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. B (2 votes [50.00%])

3. C (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

5. F (0 votes [0.00%])

How would you rate the CGI in this episode?

1. A (2 votes [50.00%])

2. B (2 votes [50.00%])

3. C (0 votes [0.00%])

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

5. F (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

How would you rate this Star Trek Remastered episode?

How would you rate the CGI in this episode?

What was your favorite effect in this episode?

Episode Info: "A Taste of Armageddon"

Posted Image
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Jamjumetley

Jamjumetley

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

I just can't understand the meaning of the war... Didn't the inhabitants of both planets realise the war is meaningless?

Apart from that the episode's good.

Hard to judge special effects as there wheren't any specific...

#3 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:44 AM

I just can't understand the meaning of the war... Didn't the inhabitants of both planets realise the war is meaningless?

It's not totally meaningless. People were dying, for real. It's just that they had gotten used to it. They no longer thought of their "war" as a problem. It had become part of their culture. So, the inhabitants were fine with just killing themselves if they were in a simulated hit area. Why not? It had been that way for 500 years. It's just how things were.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#4 Jamjumetley

Jamjumetley

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

What's the point of fighting if you do not destroy what makes your enemy dangerous (infrastructure). In my opinion over the years they just simply forgot what was the cause of the conflict.

It's not totally meaningless. People were dying, for real.

That's the point! They died but in the name of what?

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

What's the point of fighting if you do not destroy what makes your enemy dangerous (infrastructure). In my opinion over the years they just simply forgot what was the cause of the conflict.

They died but in the name of what?

That happens a lot, even here on Earth. Do you know how many wars are still being fought right now, where the two sides fighting don't even remember why they were fighting in the first place? I think it all comes down to hate. In the episode, the people from both planets hated each other and were determined to "win". Really, it all just sounds more like a contest than a war.

You ask "What's the point of fighting if you do not destroy what makes your enemy dangerous?" It's not about that. It's simply about striking back and killing as many people as possible. Which, again, it sounds a lot more like a game than something real.

It's built into their society that they must win the "war". They don't care how it started. All they care about is winning.

But, yeah, it does all seem pointless. But only someone from the outside can see that.
Posted Image

#6 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

This is my all-time fave ep!! I give it a pair of "A's". For me, a true classic. :thumbup:

#7 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

I gave it a B. Interesting episode.

#8 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

That happens a lot, even here on Earth. Do you know how many wars are still being fought right now, where the two sides fighting don't even remember why they were fighting in the first place? I think it all comes down to hate. In the episode, the people from both planets hated each other and were determined to "win". Really, it all just sounds more like a contest than a war.

You ask "What's the point of fighting if you do not destroy what makes your enemy dangerous?" It's not about that. It's simply about striking back and killing as many people as possible. Which, again, it sounds a lot more like a game than something real.

It's built into their society that they must win the "war". They don't care how it started. All they care about is winning.

But, yeah, it does all seem pointless. But only someone from the outside can see that.

Someone from outside who doesn't give a damn about that little thing called the Prime Directive... Sounds like a job for Kirk and McCoy, lol. Because they know best, right Jim... right Bones.

Edited by Greystone, 07 November 2011 - 03:40 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users