trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image
URGENT MEDIA RELEASE

Friday, November 9 2007

PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA :- Massive news for fans of the world’s most successful science fiction franchise.

A little over 13 months ago, a dedicated team at CBS Paramount Domestic Television in America took on the massive task of re-mastering the 40 year old original series of Star Trek. Re-mastered from the original 35mm camera negative in high definition the shots have never looked so clean. Visual effects received a new lease on life, utilising the latest in computer technology. And let’s not forget the sound, re-created in Dolby 5.1 surround.

The Original Series has never looked so good.

The overwhelming support from fans meant a cinema release - of the special episode “The Menagerie” - was in order. The huge number of bookings meant the U.S. had to give it a second night screening and expand into in excess of 300 locations.

Then Canada and Europe got an event.

And now Australia has joined the party.

On November 27 – in 9 cinemas across Australia – this special episode will be beamed onto the big screen, with exclusive behind-the-scenes extras.

Details, dates and times available at www.startrekhdevent.info or www.spn.net.au .

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

UPDATE:

SPNproductions is proud to announce that we will be lending key support for the Perth leg of this event, with full coverage of the Leederville screening on Wake Up! WA on the Friday morning.

Wake Up! WA is Western Australia’s only live and locally produced breakfast show, broadcasting on Access 31 from 7am to 8am every weekday morning (with a repeat at 10:30am).

#3 Vol

Vol

Membership/Projects Director

• Members
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

Very cool Trekzone :D

Forum Rules

Insane Aussie Countdownunderist. Member of SANITY

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise"

#4 rlamkin

rlamkin

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

I always wanted to go to Australia. Now I have a good excuse! Maybe I can get transfered there for my job.
Earth?... Never heard of it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

I havent confirmed the guest yet....but someone very big will be making a telephone presence on the show!

Just updated information on the website - the signature is now clickable.....

#6 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

this is so nice... we in the netherlands, belgium and luxenbourg have that 20 november in a couple of cinema's and I think it will be a blast as some of the fans will come dressed and there is going to be a lot of things organised around the events. there will be also a bit of merchandise to buy.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#7 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

and now - Mr. Rod Roddenberry is coming aboard the SciFi Sector & Wake Up! WA....check it out by clicking my signature.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users