Photo

What is your favorite Lord of the Rings movie?

23 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite Lord of the Rings movie? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite LOTR movie?

1. Fellowship of the Ring (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Two Towers (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Return of the King (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:12 AM

All are wonderful, but I really liked the Two Towers. Battle at Helm's Deep...nuff said.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 CiCi

CiCi

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

I can't really choose because it is like they are all one big movie. However, I really liked the part in The Two Towers where the ents attacked isengard. I used to image how cool that would be if ents chased off loggers next time they tried to cut down old growth trees. :P

#3 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

I can't really vote on this one because knowing that the movies were all shot at once, in my mind they are all one very long movie :P

That being said, Lord of the Rings is my favourite Lord of the Rings movie :roflmao:
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#4 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:12 PM

My favorite movie was The Two Towers. The best book, however, was The Fellowship of the Ring ;)
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#5 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

I can't really choose because it is like they are all one big movie. However, I really liked the part in The Two Towers where the ents attacked isengard. I used to image how cool that would be if ents chased off loggers next time they tried to cut down old growth trees. :P

I almost forgot about the Ents attacking Isengard...time to watch this movie again, except...gotta wtach all 3 (extended editions) and its hard to find a spare 11 hours of the day :unsure:

Posted Image

#6 CiCi

CiCi

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

I almost forgot about the Ents attacking Isengard...time to watch this movie again, except...gotta wtach all 3 (extended editions) and its hard to find a spare 11 hours of the day :unsure:

Extended is the only way to go. :)

#7 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

Extended is the only way to go. :)

Agreed, there's no way I can go back to the shorter editions...I can't wait till the movies come out on HD DVD or Blu Ray someday.

Posted Image

#8 CiCi

CiCi

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:22 PM

Agreed, there's no way I can go back to the shorter editions...I can't wait till the movies come out on HD DVD or Blu Ray someday.

Argh! Not something else to re-buy. :blink:

#9 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:04 AM

The extended editions!

They're all brilliant, but I think my vote must go to FotR because it has so much Boromir in it. ;) Boromir's death scene still makes me tear up after all these years.

The best battles are in the two latter movies, Helm's Deep and Pelennor Fields are obviously the two big ones, but there's also the Warg attack, the Black Gate, the Fall of Osgiliath, etc.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#10 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

Argh! Not something else to re-buy. :blink:

yeah, it's a pain, that's why all money i set aside for spending usually goes towards movies and nothing else <_<

Posted Image

#11 Melvin

Melvin

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

They're all brilliant, but I think my vote must go to FotR because it has so much Boromir in it. ;) Boromir's death scene still makes me tear up after all these years.

Boromir was the phlox. My only regret is that too few of the scenes made him look like the actual good guy he was.
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

#12 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

Boromir was the phlox. My only regret is that too few of the scenes made him look like the actual good guy he was.

Boromir was a great character. He definetly was a shades of grey kind of character, though alot of that was going on with charcaters due to the influence of the ring. His brother Feromir, was interesting too. I enjoyed the whole father-son tension in ROTK, though it ended kind of sad, and yet kind of happy.

Posted Image

#13 Melvin

Melvin

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

I didn't like the end of ROTK because it did little to show that Faramir and Eowyn got together.

#14 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

It's so hard to decide because they're really all the same movie but I voted for the two towers. It has the most Rohirrim (:D) and I think the scene at the end with Sam's speech might be my favourite scene in any movie ever. I find Sam interesting, he's a slow witted gardener but he's arguably the greatest hero in the whole trilogy.

And if nothing else, you still have ROTK to look forward to after TTT.

I didn't like the end of ROTK because it did little to show that Faramir and Eowyn got together.

It didn't show it at all.

I am kind of surprised everyone likes Boromir so much, I won't deny that he has an appeal and he did redeem himself but I wouldn't have expected him to be so popular. Faramir is way nicer anyway. :D

#15 Melvin

Melvin

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

It's so hard to decide because they're really all the same movie but I voted for the two towers. It has the most Rohirrim ( :D ) and I think the scene at the end with Sam's speech might be my favourite scene in any movie ever. I find Sam interesting, he's a slow witted gardener but he's arguably the greatest hero in the whole trilogy.

I didn't particularly like Sam in the movies, but in the book he was the best hobbit. Better than Frodo, and that's saying something.

It didn't show it at all.

I am kind of surprised everyone likes Boromir so much, I won't deny that he has an appeal and he did redeem himself but I wouldn't have expected him to be so popular. Faramir is way nicer anyway. :D

It kind of did. In the scene at Minas Tirith, before everyone kneels before the hobbits, as Aragorn and Arwen walk by, the camera switches to Faramir and Eowyn, who are standing right next to each other. They kind of give each other a glance, but you have to know what ultimately happens to get the meaning behind it.

That's because Boromir was awesome in the books. I supposed I wouldn't have liked him nearly as much if I hadn't read the Fellowship of the Ring.

#16 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

I didn't particularly like Sam in the movies, but in the book he was the best hobbit. Better than Frodo, and that's saying something.

I thought he was fantastic in both.

It kind of did. In the scene at Minas Tirith, before everyone kneels before the hobbits, as Aragorn and Arwen walk by, the camera switches to Faramir and Eowyn, who are standing right next to each other. They kind of give each other a glance, but you have to know what ultimately happens to get the meaning behind it.

I'm a huge geek when it comes to both the movies and the books and even I didn't notice that.

#17 Melvin

Melvin

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

I'm a huge geek when it comes to both the movies and the books and even I didn't notice that.

I thought my mind was just playing tricks on me, but my uncle agrees. It's just a look, so it's ambiguous and open to interpretation, but I think that's what it was supposed to do.

#18 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

They shared a short glance and smile and that was it, it would have been really nice if they showed more.

He's kind of like Garak in a way, you're not sure which side of the line he falls sometimes, and Garak is very popular with DS9 fans, though not the first name to come to mind when you think about the series.

Posted Image

#19 Dr. Phlox_mkd

Dr. Phlox_mkd

Commodore

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

All are wonderful, but I really liked the Two Towers. Battle at Helm's Deep...nuff said.

my favourite too :D
the battles are the best... :D
...Ж!!!

#20 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:08 AM

my favourite too :D
the battles are the best... :D

I thought Fellowship told the best story, and Boromir had a big role in that one, but it didn't have the big battles of the other two, and the battles did it for me too.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users