Nog

26 replies to this topic

#21 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

Wesley got onto the bridge through sheer, obnoxious, super annoying talent. Nog worked for it.

And he was a Ferengi, which means he was awesome to begin with ;)

^ What he said
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#22 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

You ever read the reviews he wrote fot Next Generation?
http://www.tvsquad.c...ers/wil-wheaton

:lol:

I follow that link for the phlox of it... followed another, then found this: http://www.gamesrada...060611222593060
A gag vid a fan made of GTA IV mocking Police Squad. Some one had TOO much time on their hands.

"It's not easy being green..."
...But at least I have my Fedora and whip to make it easier!

Posted Image

#23 Nimravus

Nimravus

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

Wesley got onto the bridge through sheer, obnoxious, super annoying talent. Nog worked for it.

And he was a Ferengi, which means he was awesome to begin with ;)

Agreed. I think that's what I was trying to say in a very roundabout not-saying-that-at-all way.

#24 Section47

Section47

Ensign

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:47 AM

I'd point to Nog as one of the finest examples of character development in televised science-fiction.

I mean who thought back in the early days when he was a proto-Quark, getting involved in Ferengi hijinks, that by the end of the show he'd lose a leg bravely during a war and end up the first Ferengi in Starfleet with a great future ahead of him? And who would have said that could possibly work?

Yet it did, quite remarkably too. Nog's arc was marvellous.
Posted Image

MZP: Fiction never tasted so good!

#25 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

Here's a question for discussion: What makes a Star Trek child character likable? Why do people like Nog and hate Wesley?

It seems plainly obvious to me. Crusher was written as a nauseating know all, Nog along with Jake was written as a normal youngster.

Very few people like 'know all' kids in my view. This seems to be bourne out with the reactions to the characters.

I really liked the twist that Nog rather than Jake joined Starfleet, reversed their roles almost. And the scene in Heart of Stone, where Nog pleads his case to Sisko is amongst my all time favorite Trek moments.

Nog is such a warm character, that laugh of his never fails to lift my spirits. Great guy.

#26 HadassahJoy

HadassahJoy

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

I love Nog he was the coolest kid on here :) and as for me being about Jake siskos age I sorta grew up with him lol I was like about 4 years younger then Jake. I do think that Nog was actaully played by the guy who is actually an adult I think.
Posted Image

#27 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

I love Nog he was the coolest kid on here :) and as for me being about Jake siskos age I sorta grew up with him lol I was like about 4 years younger then Jake. I do think that Nog was actaully played by the guy who is actually an adult I think.

He is very interesting character.Nog-first ferengie in starfleet command.
Jake and Nog-they are friends.I was remember episode where they working on ship "Valiant".

Edited by Beast Boy, 10 June 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users