The WWE Wrestling Cafe

319 replies to this topic

#301 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

Angle was released by the WWE because 1) his neck is toast and 2) he refused to go into rehab for his addiction to painkillers.

I wouldn't say that TNA is better quality than WWE. Both have a weak areas but they have their moments too.

Although it bears no resemblance to the original, ECW is probably my favorite show at the moment because it's primary focus is on the wrestling.

Edited by The Village Elder, 25 September 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#302 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

According to a fan who was recently at a Smackdown taping Undertaker knees are pretty much shot. According to the fan 'taker was seen punching feeling into his legs. This is bad. Undertaker will not likely be WWE Champion any time soon because of this injury.

So who is the Primo guy that Carlito tagged with to capture the WWE Tag belts? Another guy from TNA?

So hmm.. is this R-Truth guy supposed to have a lot of talent? Because I'm waiting to see it LOL!!
Let's Roll

#303 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

So who is the Primo guy that Carlito tagged with to capture the WWE Tag belts? Another guy from TNA?

So hmm.. is this R-Truth guy supposed to have a lot of talent? Because I'm waiting to see it LOL!!

Primo is Carlito's brother -for real. As for Ron Killings...I don't like this "R-Truth" repackaging.

What I wonder is if Santino the ass-clown will break the Honky Tonk Man's record for holding the intercontinental belt. I don't think there is any love lost between Honky and Vince so...it could happen.

#304 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

Lance Cade has been released. No surprise really, he couldn't get over no matter what they tried with him.

#305 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

What's everyone's opinion of Randy Orton?
Let's Roll

#306 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Orton...? He's a great heel but I doubt he could ever be over as a babyface. As a wrestler he's nothing special.

#307 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

I think RKO is definitely a great heel. Did you see what he did to Vince this past Monday? CRAZY!! Either he'll be fired or he'll lose his Rumble spot.

What's everyone's opinion of Evan Bourne? I think this guy is amazing and definitely has a bright future in the WWE.
Let's Roll

#308 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

Christian Cage is returning to the WWE! He'll make his return to the WWE at the Royal Rumble helping Edge to win the WWE Championship from current champ Jeff Hardy.

Welcome back Christian!!
Let's Roll

#309 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

No Christian Cage...but R-V-D. Much better even if it was just for the Rumble show.

I think this whole angle with Orton is ridiculous. I'm predicting Orton vs. McMahon at Wrestlemania. The only question is which McMahon.

Evan Bourne hasn't been given a chance to show his promo skills. Even his wrestling has been toned down if you can believe that. We haven't seen the real Evan just yet.

My favorite right now is CM Punk. He always delivers a good match no matter who he's paired with.

#310 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

So when will Randy get his world title shot? I think Randy wont settle for fighting a McMahon at WrestleMainia 25

Evan Bourne will be returning by February hopefully, and he says he's coming back in the best shape of his life

I agree with you about the Orton angle with the McMahon's.. totally ridiculous.
Let's Roll

#311 Rakulp

Rakulp

Commodore

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

Greetings,

While I must say I'm not enjoying the Orton angle right now, I think back and I had the same opinion of the JBL/HBK angle when it first started. Now that they have gone a few weeks with that, I'm beginning to enjoy the "storyline" of it and find myself looking forward to what happens next.

Orton kicking McMahon was priceless and well done...the lawyer and therapist stuff was stupid...and believing that Shane can beat up 3 professional wrestlers was a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure Orton/McMahon (either Vince or Shane) is in the cards, but I can see Orton being yelled at by Stephanie this next week or so, him slapping her down and about to kick her...when HHH comes in to make the save, setting up a HHH/Orton Wrestlemania match. That would be far more entertaining to me (in my mind) than watching a 50 plus year old man in the ring against Orton.

Rakulp
"Honor Above All"

#312 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

On another board I hang at there is the idea going around that Stephanie and Orton are working together. She wants full control of RAW so she gets Orton to take Vince out of the picture in exchange for...? That's where it falls apart.

Shane was gassed by the time he was up the ramp. And he hits like a little girl. He should have sold those punches a little better.

Matt Korklan a.k.a Evan Bourne is an amazing talent. His work in the indie circuit (as Matt Sydal) is off the chain. There are several tributes to him on youtube that you guys should check out. I'd love to see him in a match with RVD.

Edited by The Village Elder, 29 January 2009 - 06:43 PM.

#313 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hey people!!

So Christian has returned to WWE on the ECW brand.. what's everyone's opinion about this? I think its very good for ECW to have such a great performer and a really cool persona on that brand.

Tonight on ECW their will be a tri-brand battle royal and the winner will earn the right to be in the money in the bank match at WM25

I agree Elder.. Shane is kind of joke now.
Let's Roll

#314 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

My WWE Draft Predictions

RAW will get:
Christian
Edge
Jeff Hardy
Triple H
Matt Hardy

Smackdown will get:
Chris Jericho (sorry thats all i got)

ECW will get:
Hurricane Helms
R-Truth
The Brian Kendrick

Dont miss the WWE Draft tonight on the USA Network with a special start time 8 PM E/C Time!!
Let's Roll

#315 The Village Elder

The Village Elder

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

I'd like to see HBK go over to Smackdown. I'm sure Christian will end up somewhere other than ECW. But really what's it matter? I mean HHH is supposed to be a Smackdown star but he's been on RAW for weeks...so...think about it.

#316 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hey Elder.. Its sad because HBK will be trimming back his in ring time considerably after next years WrestleMainia. He wants to spend more time with his family.. which I can understand because you only have one life and I want say a heartfelt THANK YOU to Mr. WrestleMainia.
Let's Roll

#317 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hey guys if anyone wants to call me local pro wrestling talk show this Monday (22nd) then your more then welcome too as I will be taking live calls

My show is called The Wrestling Hour

here's the number

802-651-0589

I hope to hear from you!!
Let's Roll

#318 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

I heard from a friend that former WWE superstar Andrew 'Test' Martin passed away a few months ago. Is there any confirmation regarding this tragedy?

#319 Rakulp

Rakulp

Commodore

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

I heard from a friend that former WWE superstar Andrew 'Test' Martin passed away a few months ago. Is there any confirmation regarding this tragedy?

Greetings,

Cut and pasted from Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia....w_"Test"_Martin:

On March 13, 2009, Martin was found dead in his Tampa apartment. His death was later ruled an accidental overdose of Oxycodone by the medical examiner's office in Hillsborough County, Florida.[5]

Rakulp
"Honor Above All"

#320 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

Greetings,

Cut and pasted from Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia....w_"Test"_Martin:

On March 13, 2009, Martin was found dead in his Tampa apartment. His death was later ruled an accidental overdose of Oxycodone by the medical examiner's office in Hillsborough County, Florida.[5]

Rakulp
"Honor Above All"

Thanks for responding, Rakulp. I appreciate the info. :llap:
I was shocked to hear this originally. I'm saddened that a young guy (33),that entertained millions is dead in his prime.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users