• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

Okay, so here's the news from Comic Con 2007. As the rumors said, Zachary Quinto of Heroes fame has indeed been cast as the new Spock on 'Star Trek.' I'm going to start calling it 'Star Trek (2008)' from now on, too, as 'Star Trek' is the complete title and JJ Abrams will fly out to Ohio and beat me if I keep calling it XI. Also, Leonard Nimoy is going to be Spock. I'm not sure if we're going to see flashbacks or time travel or flashforwards or what, but we've got both Nimoy and Quinto as Spock.

Also, the new Kirk has not yet been cast. "Do you guys have any ideas for Kirks? Anyone?" Abrams asked. I seriously hope that they aren't at a complete loss for who to have as Kirk, because shooting is scheduled to begin in less than four months. Speaking of Kirk, Abrams says that they are working to find a way to get William Shatner (presumably as old Kirk) , but they apparently haven't quite figured it out (and let The Shat know) just yet.

Since they haven't done any shooting yet, so there's not much more to report. Abrams said that he will be at next year's Comic Con, which will take place exactly five months before the release of Star Trek (2008). They did also unveil a new poster, which tells us just as much as the last teaser poster did.

Read more here.

Discuss here

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users