Photo

Rate "Unending" (SG-1 Series Finale)

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "Unending" (7 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate the Stargate SG-1 series finale episode "Unending"?

1. A (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. B (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. C (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

5. F (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

How would you rate the Stargate SG-1 series finale episode "Unending"?

Use the spoiler code when necessary:

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]Example.[/color]
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

Gave it a solid B. [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] It was an ok episode with some very touching moments here and there, but overall it was NOT a finale, let alone a series finale. I mean, I understand that we have the movies to look forward to in the immediate future...but still. This should have been a land mark episode, and I felt a little let down. I do appreciate the appropriate naming of "unending" that describes the final scene and the series very well...but I would have liked for there to have been some sort of finality besides the end of the Asgard (which, WHY again??) And come ON, RDA should have been part of it in some way, shape or form. At least have Sam pine for him or something. [/color] <_<

Posted Image

#3 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

Agreed. RDA should have been in there somewhere! But I still liked it.
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:45 AM

Well, since they're going to use the first DVD movie (The Ark of Truth) to wrap up the Ori storyline, they had to use this episode for something else. [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]I'm sad to see the Asgard go (especially Thor). Stargate certainly won't be the same without them. But that was one spectacular planet explosion. I did get a chill when Thor called humans the fifth race. I believe the last time an Asgard said that, it was to Jack during the second season episode "The Fifth Race". (The Four Great Races included the Ancients, the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furlings, by the way.)

I thought that Daniel's yelling scene was a little out of character for him. He was way too mean towards Vala. I don't think I've ever seen him that mean to anyone.[/color]

Overall, though, I thought it was a good episode. I gave it a "B".
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

^[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]RE: Daniel: That's because he's never really dealt with something this close to his heart before. If you go back to the episodes directly dealing with Sha're you'll see he's immensely passionate and in a few episodes on the verge of anger there. I think he was lashing out because he deeply cares for Vala but is so afraid of those feelings because he feels like Vala is just playing with him. And since this is the first time he's been this close to a relationship since Sha're, he's like a hurt animal being forced into a corner: he'll lash out at the first thing to come near him, which in this case is Vala. [/color]

Posted Image

#6 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

^^ yeah i agree with all that about daniel. [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] i thought it was really harsh too. though the little part when he mimicked "the flirty thing" that Vala does was hysterical.

O'Neill was good comic relief and i definitely feel that Vala took his place in that regard. her little scenes can be so funny. but yeah, you'd think O'Neill could have been written in to the FINAL tv episode for cryin' out loud (that was in homage to O'Neill, LOL).

i know they couldn't show EVERYTHING that went on in 50 years, but the only relationship they showed was Daniel and Vala. they didn't even hint at anyone else hooking up. unless you call the hug between Sam and Teal'c an indication, paired with the way he looked at her and said "Indeed" at the end when she said it must kill him to have to stay quiet about stuff that happened. but if anything i think Sam would have paired up with Mitchell. I mean jeez, 50 years of being celibate?!? Teal'c could handle it. MAYBE Landry (or maybe i'm just thinking that cuz i can't muster an image of him being intimate with anyone... ew). but sam and mitchell? well i know it's not a space opera so i guess it's just up to the fans to speculate... LOL [/color]

overall, i don't think there's any way they could have really "done the finale justice" considering the movies they have to lead into. i enjoyed it and it was a touching ending and i got tears in my eyes so i gave it an A. it sucks that it's over, considering they were still making great shows. ugh. oh well. time to move on!

#7 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

^LOL...go watch the movie "Sordid Lives" and then think about your comment about Landry. *giggles* ;)

Posted Image

#8 FrellingSebacean

FrellingSebacean

You can call me FS.

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

^^ yeah i agree with all that about daniel. [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]though the little part when he mimicked "the flirty thing" that Vala does was hysterical.[/color]

I think that was the best part of the episode! I've watch it over and over again.

[color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011] unless you call the hug between Sam and Teal'c an indication, paired with the way he looked at her and said "Indeed" at the end when she said it must kill him to have to stay quiet about stuff that happened. but if anything i think Sam would have paired up with Mitchell. I mean jeez, 50 years of being celibate?!? Teal'c could handle it. MAYBE Landry (or maybe i'm just thinking that cuz i can't muster an image of him being intimate with anyone... ew). but sam and mitchell? well i know it's not a space opera so i guess it's just up to the fans to speculate... LOL[/color]

I read that [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]Amanda felt that little moment between her and Teal'c showed how their friendship grew....But yeah, 50 years!

Landry *shudders*[/color]

It's beer o'clock, where the hell is my riot?

"It's truth in a box." ...and it mine!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users