E-day activity 5: Info pack

42 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

Our fifth E-day activity is the idea of sending an "info pack" to CBS, this would include a list of Enterprise related websites as well as possibly the direct-to-DVD petition and a selection of Enterprise fan fiction. Exactly what we will send is not yet decided so any ideas would be appreciated.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

Fans desires, for example perhaps we can do a pre E-Day poll asking questions like who do you want to see produce any new Enterprise episodes/features and other Enterprise based questions we can have as polls and at the end when the results are tallied made a screenshot of the page to show we didn't pluck numbers from the air

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

Eh, we've gotten criticism from people in the past about relying on online polls, we've never done that but I have no wish to prove them right. The petition works just as well and we have better numbers on it.

Keep the ideas coming though. :)

#4 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

Online petition is no different because the same fear factor applies that is played to our wishes
How about written desires then? it still retains the fans speak factor and that is what we want

Also we need the full compliation of ratings since Sci-Fi been screening the four weeks of Enterprise, try establish some pattern of consistancy in viewship etc

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

Online petition is no different because the same fear factor applies that is played to our wishes
How about written desires then? it still retains the fans speak factor and that is what we want

The letters do that.

Also we need the full compliation of ratings since Sci-Fi been screening the four weeks of Enterprise, try establish some pattern of consistancy in viewship etc

That's a good idea, though I'm not sure how to go about it. Any ideas?

#6 boomstick

boomstick

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

an insider at skiffy perhaps?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

Skiffy?

#8 boomstick

boomstick

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

why the scifi channel............crap, trying to be "IN" never works!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

Might have worked if I was an american, I've never even seen sci-fi.

#10 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

Might have worked if I was an american, I've never even seen sci-fi.

I'm an American and I've never called the Sci-Fi Channel "skiffy". (Although, I have seen some people online call it that.)
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#11 boomstick

boomstick

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

curses, foiled again!
now back to the topic. we need to somehow establish a relationship w/scifi in order to aquire the ratings for Ent. somehow I dont think theyll just hand them to us on a silver platter.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, trouble is I have no idea how to do that.

I keep hearing Enterprise gets good ratings from people so there must be a way to find out.

#13 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

One thing I think would be good to put in is some Ent. fan fiction, I wonder where we could get people to give us some? Maybe ask the warp five complex?

#14 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Having seen what was involved last time I'm not sure I'll be able to send the petition in this, what can we do instead?

#15 boomstick

boomstick

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

you need a GARGANTUAN list of Ent. websites and # of members in each/hits per day. Now that will be just as good a statistic.
And since many belong to more than one site, it "boosts" our cause a little

Edited by boomstick, 29 June 2007 - 03:28 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

We investigated getting the most recent weekly figures but Hair will be busy for several weeks so we cannot tell how many hits we've been getting whether it the figures concern SE alone or the entire forum, site etc

I suppose for other sites we can gather the numbers displayed on the counter usually at the bottom of the sites for example Bruces Enterprise website has 670 views since the site was created on the 22nd of June and then we go to the next Enterprise site and that may have 1,567 views etc

#17 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

I've started a thread in the fan productions section asking for Ent. fan fiction.

Didn't Terrell do some Ent. writing? Any way he could send it to us via myspace?

#18 JohnBart_HUN

JohnBart_HUN

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

I've started a thread in the fan productions section asking for Ent. fan fiction.

Didn't Terrell do some Ent. writing? Any way he could send it to us via myspace?

He sent it also to E:TCW... They quite liked it, although we already have some of the script ready. :-)

#19 Rhett Coates

Rhett Coates

Commodore

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

I've read five of Terrell's ENT scripts; they're quite good---and one of them REALLY stands out as a potential S.T. FRANCHISE PLATFORM story. That means, its content affects the ENTIRE coalition of planets, and eventually the whole history of the Federation clear up through every episode we've seen of TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager -- and beyond!

Anyway, there is one other teleplay I'm aware of, but this one is "still under wraps" as to its content, and I'm not certain it would fit. But then, it might. It's the entire, two-hour [GUINAN/HOSHI story] teleplay I wrote---and it's already copyrighted and Writer's Guild registered. In other words, it's actually a ready telepley for shopping/pitching to Paramount/SciFi as it stands. I could easily produce another copy of it for inclusion with this project, but it's VERY thick. It's a FINISHED teleplay, with complete dialogue, cast/set list pages, complete guest character biographies, unusual word pronounciation guide [technobabble list], and much more.

Is that too much of a "finished product" for Star Trek: Enterprise, for this particular project's scope? And if not, would TU Legal question the merits of using it for said project, since it is still my intention to pitch the story to SciFi/Paramount at a future date? Would that somehow compromise something or other regarding what I've covered in the above questions?

?????

Edited by Rhett Coates, 09 July 2007 - 12:01 PM.

~~~ Regarding the woman EVE, in TOS episode "Mudd's Women" ~~~

KIRK: "There's only one kind of woman--"
HARRY MUDD: "--or man, for that matter--"
KIRK: "--You either believe in yourself, or you don't."

(Truer Star Trek words were never spoken.)

"Good words. That's where ideas begin." --David Marcus, in ST2:TWOK)

A quote spoken by Tom Hanks, portraying the Train conductor, near the end of the film The Polar Express, describes the secret to a fulfilled life in a nutshell: "One thing about trains: it doesn't really matter where they're going; what matters is deciding to get on." (Now, if more people lived by that adage, Gene Roddenberry's vision might come about a lot faster! -- RC)

Posted Image

#20 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

Is that too much of a "finished product" for Star Trek: Enterprise, for this particular project's scope? And if not, would TU Legal question the merits of using it for said project, since it is still my intention to pitch the story to SciFi/Paramount at a future date? Would that somehow compromise something or other regarding what I've covered in the above questions?

I have no idea when it comes to the legal stuff, but otherwise I think it's a good idea. How many pages would it be roughly?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users